Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,101
# 71
12-20-2012, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
The next lockbox is Dominion themed, so probably not Hirogen. Besides, the Hirogen ships are so ugly I doubt many people would pay for them. Probably the same reason the Breen ship is being given away for free.
I really don't think aesthetics has any role in determining a freebie or one that costs zen or lobi or your soul. The Tuffli looks terrible and the horsehoe crab is not that pleasing to look at either. I am just going by what species in the game that has original models that are not yet released. Hirogen, Undine, and the Borg are the only ones. I bet the Romulan ones are being held in reserve.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 49
# 72
12-20-2012, 10:44 PM
I hope it's as good or better than the odyssey ship from the 2nd anniversary.But free is free..
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,281
# 73
12-21-2012, 12:28 PM
A thought on the K'Vort...the only ones we saw on-screen were from an alternate timeline. It's possible that the "correct" ones differ in appearance from the B'rel.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,064
# 74
12-21-2012, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captjamjamz View Post
Which entry? Got a link?

The Regent is 705 meters long, compared to the Sovereign's 685.
No real close-up, since the entry pages no longer work, but I think they're referring to the second ship on the top row here: http://a.yfrog.com/img614/4448/uxalkv.jpg

When compared with the side and top views of the Regent-class they look pretty similar.

EDIT: I should say, second ship from the left on the top row, next to the Chimera-class.
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook

Last edited by amosov78; 12-22-2012 at 01:36 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 158
# 75
12-21-2012, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltsmith View Post
On the first episode of ?On Screen? it was stated we will get a free ship for the 3rd year anniversary. Also in a Dev Post it was stated that we will get the ship from a featured episode. D?stahl posted that the mission will involve Franklin Drake of Section 31. We all Section 31 and Franklin Drake are hand and hand when it comes to time travel. The latest lockbox was the temporal lockbox also the Ambassador was still discussed about as a future ship. I believe that we might have a temporal mission that will involve the Ambassador and that just might be the free ship. This is mainly just circumstantial evidence, but it is hopeful wishing for me.
Tasha Yar is also supposed to be involved in the 3 year anniversary episode, which all but cements that the ambassador will have something to do with this.
Sollaf: Join date Sep 2009, Lifer. Supporter of Cryptic.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,628
# 76
12-21-2012, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldarion79 View Post
I am just going by what species in the game that has original models that are not yet released. Hirogen, Undine, and the Borg are the only ones. I bet the Romulan ones are being held in reserve.
Hirogen will likely be part of the Romulan faction along with the Reman since its not as they are many choices.

Borg and Undine ... you can rule then out because they well too powerful and they are not going to make Undine ships available to players since there is only one model that used about 3 times in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
everyone is saying it should be a cruisers, but i don't think so. its about the size of a hegh actually. i think it should be a bop with 18 turn, 28k hitpoints, and like a .83 shield mod with BC.
Because its a B'rel model, adding two exact same models at the exact same area would be ... pointless and confusing, you might as well add the D12 as you are at it since they are all B'rel Bird-of-Prey.

Going with the alternative timeline K'Vort makes sense since it fills a gap on Battlecruisers instead we getting another BoP that might be fun to play but we already have plently of then and due to their all universal layout there isnt much room to play around with, its either a battlecruiser or a raptor.

Last edited by f2pdrakron; 12-21-2012 at 01:15 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,816
# 77
12-21-2012, 01:33 PM
Okay.

I suspect the K'Vort and the Ambassador will be Destroyers.

The only solid basis we have for the Ambassador being a cruiser is symmetry with the others.

Whereas the K'vort is almost certainly a heavy escort/destroyer, being a step between escort and cruiser. And I'm almost certain the Ambassador will have identical or near identical stats to the K'vort.

I think when you actually dig into the "lost era", you'll find a decent circumstantial case for the Ambassador being a warship.

Picard takes command of the Stargazer after the Captain is killed. Just a few years prior, Picard had been on a science career track but something changed his mind.

Troi's father died in 2342, circumstances unknown. (One book establishes it as Romulan sabotage.)

The Federation and Klingons were negotiating a peace treaty in 2344, which suggests that the Khitomer Accords didn't hold up perfectly.

2347, the Cardassian War launches with Cardassians massacring Federation colonists. It would seem likely this was preceded by years of tension given that this was well into the Bajoran occupation.

(Unrelated but interesting: Data was a cadet during almost all of this.)

I think it's quite probable the Ambassador class was designed during a renewed period of tension with the Klingons and with the Cardassian threat in mind.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,416
# 78
12-21-2012, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amosov78 View Post
No real close-up, since the entry pages no longer work, but I think they're referring to the second ship on the top row here: http://a.yfrog.com/img614/4448/uxalkv.jpg
Sorry, but it's not that ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
A thought on the K'Vort...the only ones we saw on-screen were from an alternate timeline. It's possible that the "correct" ones differ in appearance from the B'rel.
The K'vort was also seen in TNG: Rascals and DS9: Mirror, Mirror as well.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,281
# 79
12-21-2012, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
Okay.

I suspect the K'Vort and the Ambassador will be Destroyers.

The only solid basis we have for the Ambassador being a cruiser is symmetry with the others.

Whereas the K'vort is almost certainly a heavy escort/destroyer, being a step between escort and cruiser. And I'm almost certain the Ambassador will have identical or near identical stats to the K'vort.

I think when you actually dig into the "lost era", you'll find a decent circumstantial case for the Ambassador being a warship.

Picard takes command of the Stargazer after the Captain is killed. Just a few years prior, Picard had been on a science career track but something changed his mind.

Troi's father died in 2342, circumstances unknown. (One book establishes it as Romulan sabotage.)

The Federation and Klingons were negotiating a peace treaty in 2344, which suggests that the Khitomer Accords didn't hold up perfectly.

2347, the Cardassian War launches with Cardassians massacring Federation colonists. It would seem likely this was preceded by years of tension given that this was well into the Bajoran occupation.

(Unrelated but interesting: Data was a cadet during almost all of this.)

I think it's quite probable the Ambassador class was designed during a renewed period of tension with the Klingons and with the Cardassian threat in mind.
An "Ambassador-class" destroyer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
The K'vort was also seen in TNG: Rascals and DS9: Mirror, Mirror as well.
The ones in "Rascals" were B'rels (Worf called them that on-screen). The ones in the DS9 mirror episodes were unidentified.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,628
# 80
12-21-2012, 02:11 PM
The Enterprise always been a Cruiser.

The K'vort is a Battlecruiser on the Alternative timeline because they are named as such but in the prime they are Birds-of-Prey because they are stated as suck on a display.

These are CANNON ships, the Ambassador was a Heavy Cruiser (TNG:Conspiracy) and the K'vort was what I mentioned, Battlecruiser on Alternative and Bird-of-Prey on the Prime ... this is not open to discussion.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:32 AM.