Career Officer
# 1 Any word on Rep Respecs?
12-19-2012, 09:53 AM
I'm not sure if it's lag or a UI error but I just clicked on "Sensor Targeting Assault" after glancing at "Emergency Secondary Shielding" and I wound up with "Emergency Secondary Shielding."
Captain
# 2
12-19-2012, 09:55 AM
A normal skill respec resets reputation bonuses, as well.
Please stop exponential holding/reputation costs!
Captain
# 3
12-19-2012, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
I'm not sure if it's lag or a UI error but I just clicked on "Sensor Targeting Assault" after glancing at "Emergency Secondary Shielding" and I wound up with "Emergency Secondary Shielding."
Although I haven't had that particular issue - I have had it start projects I had not selected after selecting to start some other project. Have had it start a project when I've selected collect reward with no next project selected.

If I notice that I'm lagging in the least, I stay away from it - it does...random things.
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder
Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethaen, M.Qin - Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba
Career Officer
# 4
12-19-2012, 10:51 AM
Respeccing your skills also resets your rep traits.
Empire Veteran
# 5
12-19-2012, 10:54 AM
Really? That's good to know. Learned something new today.
Captain
# 6
12-19-2012, 11:21 AM
What's even better is that despite huge changes to the rep trees tomorrow, players are being forced to spend cash on a respec because Cryptic is too lazy or cheap to give one out when they make fundamental changes to how permanent abilities function.
Career Officer
# 7
12-19-2012, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
What's even better is that despite huge changes to the rep trees tomorrow, players are being forced to spend cash on a respec because Cryptic is too lazy or cheap to give one out when they make fundamental changes to how permanent abilities function.
While I think respecs should be earnable in game, I'm also in the camp that thinks more than one respec every six months seems excessive.
Captain
# 8
12-19-2012, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
where are the details on these changes? D:
Head of PR - Ausmonauts

Career Officer
# 9
12-19-2012, 12:05 PM
I am guessing the rep system will soon have a project to re-select the choices. Until then, the respec (if you actually hit "reset") will have to do.
Captain
# 10
12-19-2012, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
While I think respecs should be earnable in game, I'm also in the camp that thinks more than one respec every six months seems excessive.
It's one thing if it's a respec that you choose for yourself.

It's quite another when a game mechanic is changed and you want to redo a choice that is made less viable or functional because someone at Cryptic altered things.

Quote:
where are the details on these changes? D:
From tomorrows patch notes. Now I'm not saying tweaks weren't needed (perma placate and invincible shields were borked), but the Omega T4 shield rep is by all accounts completely useless in the form that's currently on tribble.