Career Officer
# 11
12-20-2012, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanover2 View Post
They are urinating into the wind trying to combat free will with this bs about "qualified" missions.
If they gave complete free will to the players they'd be picking up free boxes of dilithium, oh wait that's what happened!

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Career Officer
# 12
12-20-2012, 09:32 AM
Don't get me wrong, I hated the one click missions as much as the next dedicated Foundry author, but man, this is a little over the top if you ask me. I think it just needs some further adjustments so us authors aren't constantly trying to figure out what the deal is.
Commander
# 13
12-26-2012, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drudgy View Post
Don't get me wrong, I hated the one click missions as much as the next dedicated Foundry author, but man, this is a little over the top if you ask me. I think it just needs some further adjustments so us authors aren't constantly trying to figure out what the deal is.
It's a perfect case of "Be careful what you wish for."
Captain
# 14
12-26-2012, 02:04 PM
Perhaps what the IOR assignment needs is a two-tiered qualification system. Quick missions are repeatable, but only offer 480 dilithium every two hours or so. Full storyline missions are repeatable every four hours and offer the full 1440 dil like the old system.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!
Captain
# 15
12-26-2012, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
Perhaps what the IOR assignment needs is a two-tiered qualification system. Quick missions are repeatable, but only offer 480 dilithium every two hours or so. Full storyline missions are repeatable every four hours and offer the full 1440 dil like the old system.
Switch the cooldowns around and you might have something to this idea.

I mean, I liked the Nagus Dailies, but as soon as word of the ESD console clicky got around after that podcast about farming dil the space outside of Wolf 359 emptied. Allowing the exploits but limiting their access wouldn't be a bad idea.
# 16
12-26-2012, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370 View Post
Allowing the exploits but limiting their access wouldn't be a bad idea.
...However!

The current system is wonderful and shouldn't be touched.
# 17
12-26-2012, 06:48 PM
I'm not sure that the 15 minute rule is why missions aren't being reviewed. I think that has always been a problem. For the past year+ I remember reading posts in the Foundry forums asking people to help get their missions out of review.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Rihannsu
# 18
12-26-2012, 07:00 PM
IMO, the issue is with players not bothering to look for missions beyond the top page or two. The highest number of reviews on any of my missions is 33.... but the top rated missions might have as many as 33,000 reviews. I suspect that only a small percentage of people who actually play missions actually bother with things that are farther down the list. I used to go and actually look for missions with 1 to 2 digit numbers of reviews just because I wanted to help the poor unfortunates whose missions weren't gettign played.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 19
12-26-2012, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
IMO, the issue is with players not bothering to look for missions beyond the top page or two. The highest number of reviews on any of my missions is 33.... but the top rated missions might have as many as 33,000 reviews. I suspect that only a small percentage of people who actually play missions actually bother with things that are farther down the list. I used to go and actually look for missions with 1 to 2 digit numbers of reviews just because I wanted to help the poor unfortunates whose missions weren't gettign played.
This is why during the Foundry conference call I advocated for several random missions being selected at a given time that give greater rewards. It would give people reasons to play missions outside of the top rated ones, or those that are spotlights.

Not every mission is going to be the best mission ever made, yet their authors still deserve exposure. In addition, it makes sense to encourage people to make missions, because while their first few attempts may not be that great, perhaps their future attempts would be spotlight worthy.

What I would do is have 5 missions selected randomly at any given time which would be up for say a day each, and provide increased rewards for being played. Or maybe instead of randomly the Foundry could just cycle through the missions in order of when they were published.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Captain
# 20
12-26-2012, 08:32 PM
It'd be nice if there was, perhaps, a better system of entering keywords or tags.

Like, for instance, I was curious if there were any 'fantasy holonovel' type missions in the system. I don't THINK there are... but it's hard to be sure.

(I'm working on a fantasy-like holoadventure series, think 'John Carter' but not exactly the same)