Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 1 Tribble Test Weekend Rewards
12-06-2012, 11:11 AM
The reward for the Season 7 Tribble Test Weekend is now available to those players who are eligible to receive it. Read more for additional information.

NOTE: You can only equip the Tribble while on a ground map.

Click here to read more.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Rihannsu
# 2
12-06-2012, 11:30 AM
Why you keep doing this Cryptic? Why are those tribbles unequippable on bridge officers? This is completely pointless. We must either keep those furries in our own device slots or let them eat every food from either personal inventory or bank.

WHY?

Radan Tribble can be equipped on boffs. Why not Fleet Tribble and Moh'Rihan Tribble?

I'm not claiming this on my other toons until this is "fixed".
Captain
# 3
12-06-2012, 11:42 AM
With the fleet tribble I get it. A player could potentially create/delete/recreate a character over and over for free fleet marks. However, with this reward...where is the harm? Romulan marks can't be exchanged between characters/players so I don't really see why the requirements are needed. Please Cryptic, I was quite disappointed over the fact that I couldn't give my fleet tribble to a boff. Is it possible to alter this tribble so that it can be given to boff if the level restrictions cannot be dropped.

Last edited by majortiraomega; 12-06-2012 at 12:04 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
12-06-2012, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveks View Post
Radan Tribble can be equipped on boffs. Why not Fleet Tribble and Moh'Rihan Tribble?

I'm not claiming this on my other toons until this is "fixed".
This sounds like a threat to attempt to punish the devs for not making something the way you want it. However, I'm not sure this "punishes" anyone but yourself.

Raptr profile
Career Officer
# 5
12-06-2012, 12:04 PM
I tried to recreate the STO Vulcan Phaser Girl in game, but I couldn't find that belt. What belt is that?
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?
Career Officer
# 6
12-06-2012, 12:05 PM
I'll add this to the other fleet tribbles I don't use

Last edited by darkenzedd; 12-06-2012 at 12:12 PM.
Captain
# 7
12-06-2012, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkenzedd View Post
Oh yay, another worthless reward. And you wonder why no one tests for you.....
It's not worthless, the buff is actually quite decent for a tribble. The only problem is it forces you to store it in inventory, bank, or your device slots. That or discard it whenever you want to swap it for something else.
Empire Veteran
# 8
12-06-2012, 12:12 PM
Only the Tribble?
last 2 times we got a special Doff also.
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Career Officer
# 9
12-06-2012, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majortiraomega View Post
It's not worthless, the buff is actually quite decent for a tribble. The only problem is it forces you to store it in inventory, bank, or your device slots. That or discard it whenever you want to swap it for something else.
I edited my post, I sounded too harsh

The only redeeming feature is the + bonus to plasma and disruptor.

Wish boffs could use them though
Career Officer
# 10
12-06-2012, 12:26 PM
I'm reposting this from a different thread, because it's relevant to tribble testing rewards

Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum
What, I think, Cryptic wants from Tribble is enough players to log on and play this content so they can collect data on it.

That's not how I've ever seen any test server work in any MMO without pretty significant rewards for doing so.

What you usually see are a small handful of dedicated players who are willing to test, and willing to provide feedback with the caveat that they expect their feedback to be listened to and to an extent responded to.

From Cryptic's viewpoint they might feel that small group of players is atypical and (their viewpoint) is not representative of the larger playerbase.

From that group of player's viewpoint, they're investment in terms of playtime and study of the game gives them a fairly good ability to quickly and roughly gauge how something will end up just by eyeballing it.

Going forward, I would say that the best solution might be for the devs to give more creedence to the smaller group by trying to make better use of the feedback they provide even though it's mostly qualitative as opposed to the quantitative data they probably prefer. (And Borticus, ArchonCryptic, and Salami Inferno were active in several of the larger discussions so they deserve credit in this respect - although less came of the feedback than many players hoped for).

In addition to this, I think that in order to get larger quantities of players to deliver the kind of quantitative metrics Cryptic is hoping for would be to grant a pretty significant reward for playing on the test server.

My personal suggestion would be some number of time active on tribble (active meaning actually partaking in whatever new content or system is being tested and not simply logging on) equating to some number of dilithium.

Personally I think that if they could pull this off, that something like 4000 dilithium per hour on your holodeck account would be a good ballpark number.

It might seem like a lot until you consider that players are basically being asked to stop progress on their holodeck characters while they actively invest their freetime to playtest content.

I have a wife, a 1 year old baby a full time job that sometimes requires overtime and I have 10 active characters to maintain in this game.

As much as I'd love to playtest content the incentive to dedicate a large chunk of my free time by losing progress on holodeck to test content that I'm going to have to re-grind once it goes live anyway is just not strong enough. A DOFF and a Tribble are insufficient for this purpose.
All that and no DOFF this time.

Closed Thread