Lt. Commander
# 121
12-30-2012, 03:31 PM
The Odyssey Tac is currently the Federation flagship.
Captain
# 122
12-30-2012, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wunjee View Post
The Odyssey Tac is currently the Federation flagship.
Wrong. The Odyssey Star Cruiser NCC-1701-F is the current flagship. The Odyssey Tactical Cruiser is just a variant.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Lt. Commander
# 123
12-30-2012, 04:59 PM
The Enterprise-F is an Odyssey Tac, according to the STO wiki.

Which means that the Odyssey Tac. is the fleet-wide flagship.

Enterprise-D was the Federation flagship, but the Galaxy-class was the fleet-wide flagship.
Captain
# 124
12-30-2012, 05:36 PM
Quote:
The Enterprise-F is an Odyssey Tac, according to the STO wiki.

Which means that the Odyssey Tac. is the fleet-wide flagship.

Enterprise-D was the Federation flagship, but the Galaxy-class was the fleet-wide flagship.
Nope. Still wrong. Just looked at the wiki page.

http://www.stowiki.org/U.S.S._Enterp...8NCC-1701-F%29

Nowhere does it say Odyssey Tactical Cruiser. Also if you look at the in-game tooltip on the Odyssey Star Cruiser it makes heavy reference to the Enterprise-F.

Also there is THIS in the wiki:

Quote:
The Odyssey Star Cruiser is an Admiral (Tier 5) level Federation Cruiser vessel. It has been touted as the pinnacle of Federation starship design and will carry the Federation into a new generation of exploration. The newly commissioned U.S.S. Enterprise (NCC-1701-F) is an example of this class and stands as the flagship of the Federation.
Directly from the wiki.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Ensign
# 125 Ambassador Class.
12-30-2012, 05:42 PM
Heritage Heavy Cruiser
It should have the Basic Enterprise-C skin as well as the Yamaguchi Design.
900 Crew
4 Fore Weapons
4 Aft Weapons
Bridge Officer Layout.
Commander Engineer
Lieutenant Commander Science
Lieutenant Engineer
Lieutenant Tactical
Ensign Tactical.
4 Engineering Console Slots
3 Science Console Slots
2 Tactical Console Slots

I agree with this setup. I'd also be o.k. with either a LtC SCI or TAC BOFF's. I'd also be ok with 2 SCI consoles and 3 TAC console. I'd like to see the deflector weapon from "Best of Both Worlds" as a specialty console. Maybe as a 5th ENG console.
Lt. Commander
# 126
12-30-2012, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Nope. Still wrong. Just looked at the wiki page.

http://www.stowiki.org/U.S.S._Enterp...8NCC-1701-F%29

Nowhere does it say Odyssey Tactical Cruiser. Also if you look at the in-game tooltip on the Odyssey Star Cruiser it makes heavy reference to the Enterprise-F.

Also there is THIS in the wiki:

Directly from the wiki.

Further down that page, it shows a screenshot of the Enterprise-F in separation mode, so that means that it's an Odyssey Operations variant. My bad.

The point stands that the Federation flagship is an Odyssey-class ship and not the omgwtf overpowered monster that the person I was replying to was suggesting a flagship should be.
Captain
# 127
12-30-2012, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Further down that page, it shows a screenshot of the Enterprise-F in separation mode, so that means that it's an Odyssey Operations variant. My bad.

The point stands that the Federation flagship is an Odyssey-class ship and not the omgwtf overpowered monster that the person I was replying to was suggesting a flagship should be.
The Enterprise-F is NOT any of the variants... it is an NPC version which is a Federation Dreadnought. It's its own ship. But that is just miniscule unimportant details.

You are correct however, that the fed flagship is an Oddy, and the KDF flagship is a Bort. Regardless of which actual variant it is, if it is one (which it's not since I don't know of ANY fed player ship that can hit for 3500 with it's BAs and 25k with it's torps with no abilities and no crit).
Captain
# 128
12-30-2012, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasonio View Post
Lol, why do we keep calling cruisers flagships? They aren't, atleast not these ships?

Flagships are the biggest baddest boldest mofos in the fleet and cruisers are not these. Flagships can not only take the punishment they can dole it out in spades, infact, they deal more punishment then they can take. They were the jewels in the crowns of navies. The Spanish Dragon & Trinidad flagship, The Bellfast, The Bismark, the Enterprise, The Queen Anne, the list goes and on, these were flagships, they were op as hell and they had to be they were the statement of a culture saying this is what we have if you cross us, if you don't want to die then let us live in peace. The had total command of the seas and the armies and the flags of the attack patterns waved from them to let the others know what to do

Lest we use historical references, don't forget the Hood (and she was a battle cruiser, which is a type of cruiser.)
Lt. Commander
# 129
12-30-2012, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer1 View Post
Lest we use historical references, don't forget the Hood (and she was a battle cruiser, which is a type of cruiser.)
I could also show you the South Dakota (BB-57), which held flagship status, and was actually lesser armed then her sister ships (Massachusetts, Alabama, Indiana) in that she had a reduced secondary battery (16 5"/38 guns as opposed to 20 5"/38 guns), so was technically less powerful...
Rihannsu
# 130
12-30-2012, 09:29 PM
Flagship means just that, it carriers the flag officer meaning it used by the commanding officer of a group of ships.