Rihannsu
# 171
01-17-2013, 04:26 PM
I would much rather have Tac or Uni than Eng for ensign. but that's probably not just me. I'm sick of Ensign Engineering. Until we get MORE Ensign abilities for Engineering **** that. I don't want to use Emergancy Power To Pimps and Hoes 1. I'd rather have Transfer Shield Strength or Tacteam.

Last edited by captainbmoney; 01-17-2013 at 09:14 PM.
Captain
# 172
01-17-2013, 11:39 PM
okay, taking a stab at this based on some of the commentary...

Hull: 35,000
Turn:9
+5 weps, +5 Engine, +5 Aux
Shield Mult:1.0

Weaps:
4 Front, 4 Rear

B.Off:
CDR eng.
LTC Tac
LTC Sci
ENS:Uni

Consoles:
3 Sci
3 Tac
4 eng

Items: 4

Done. 11 stations, 1 Universal, bog-standard stats over-all. this ship predates the Galaxy, so there are fewer chairs that do more...proportionally, and 10 consoles per the usual practice with T5 ships Fedside.

This also leaves development room for a Z-store variation with either more staitons, or a 'special ability' and more hull/shield/etc.

The basic stats focus it as more of an engineering ride-engines and aux, which are both key elements of a healer, and the uni console allows a certain level of customization without going over-board on the 'free' version. For a 12 console Z/C-store variation, you'd just expand the Uni to a Lt. and you're effectively done there, too, for a triple-pack, you shuffle the 10th console around.

Room to grow, without sucking rocks.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."
Rihannsu
# 173
01-18-2013, 01:16 AM
I was actually hoping a fleet version would have 2 Tac consoles, 4 Eng consoles, 4 Science Consoles.
Captain
# 174
01-18-2013, 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
okay, taking a stab at this based on some of the commentary...

Hull: 35,000
Turn:9
+5 weps, +5 Engine, +5 Aux
Shield Mult:1.0

Weaps:
4 Front, 4 Rear

B.Off:
CDR eng.
LTC Tac
LTC Sci
ENS:Uni

Consoles:
3 Sci
3 Tac
4 eng

Items: 4

Done. 11 stations, 1 Universal, bog-standard stats over-all. this ship predates the Galaxy, so there are fewer chairs that do more...proportionally, and 10 consoles per the usual practice with T5 ships Fedside.

This also leaves development room for a Z-store variation with either more staitons, or a 'special ability' and more hull/shield/etc.

The basic stats focus it as more of an engineering ride-engines and aux, which are both key elements of a healer, and the uni console allows a certain level of customization without going over-board on the 'free' version. For a 12 console Z/C-store variation, you'd just expand the Uni to a Lt. and you're effectively done there, too, for a triple-pack, you shuffle the 10th console around.

Room to grow, without sucking rocks.
Gonna say no. For the simple reason: Double LtCmdr = NO. Turn rate is a little too high. Bring it down to 8 or 7.5. Other than that, you're fine.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Rihannsu
# 175
01-18-2013, 12:32 PM
So many of you want Op as hell ambassadors. Do any of you PVP at all or do you find fun in fighting retarded NPCs? My ship has BALANCE. Yours are just overpowering I win button wannabes.
Career Officer
# 176
01-18-2013, 12:46 PM
Various thoughts:

Hangar. Lol no. Unlike the Armitage, which was brand new, and the Vesta, which is both soft canon (and therefor leaving some wiggle room for features) and having had a launch deck of sorts in its source material, the Ambassador is hard canon and has never shown or been mentioned to have ant fighter carrying capability outside of what you could shove into its shuttle bay. Same as every other ship that isn't a flight deck ship. They won't put a hangar on it. I will eat a hat if this thing has a hangar.

Any future hangar-equipped Fed Cruiser will either be a wholly original design or a new design based on an existing ship, I guarantee you.

Oddball BOff seating arrangements. We haven't seen a weird BOff seating setup outside of the KDF carriers. Everything else falls into a fairly predictable setup. They aren't going to change the status quo for a lousy Ambassador.

Variant Three-Pack. Highly unlikely, but of everything on this list, the least impossible. This ship, though clearly having a vocal fan following, isn't as cloudy in role as the Vesta, isn't a new ship with no solidly defiined role like the Odyssey, and is absolutely a niche interest ship. It would make more sense to set it up solidly as an Eng/Sci to fill in an existing gap in Cruiser designs, with its spread of things geared towards survivability rather than offense.

A C-store version would probably have a little more bite to it, though, since Cryptic seems well aware that Eng/Sci isn't a well-favored class combo. I'd expect 4 Eng/3 Sci/3 Tac consoles on the T5.5 version.
Commander
# 177
01-18-2013, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by variant37 View Post
Seems like it'd be a waste of one of your precious console slots. The transwarp abilities are all built into the higher-level Excelsiors so the only thing you'd really be gaining would be a a faster transwarp cooldown (yay?) and a bump to warpcore efficiency, which is a dubious thing to begin with.
Many thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbmoney View Post
So many of you want Op as hell ambassadors. Do any of you PVP at all or do you find fun in fighting retarded NPCs? My ship has BALANCE. Yours are just overpowering I win button wannabes.
Hey, I just feel that it should be an in between of the Excelsior and the Galaxy. Not some Oddy variant even though it would technically be a ship made in 2400 standards. So technically it can be as powerful as it wants barring the limits of it's design and structure. No hangers though. That's not what the federation is about.

As for PvP ships. It would be an interesting thing to see made. If they can make a separate mode, limit the types of ships and what could be brought it. It could become somewhat balanced and competitive.

Last edited by xigbarg; 01-18-2013 at 02:06 PM.
Rihannsu
# 178
01-18-2013, 03:29 PM
My idea is Balanced. I have a nice case of Samual Adam's for Geko ready if this comes true.
Rihannsu
# 179
01-19-2013, 05:47 PM
as for those other skins. I wouldn't mind them but the original is always best for me. I hope the tattoos fit perfectly for whatever I mix it with.
Rihannsu
# 180
01-21-2013, 09:22 PM
Hey look im bumping this again

My first post in this thread is the only good one a lot of people agree with. I hope the devs listen.