Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,192
# 201
01-23-2013, 02:42 AM
I would make it the science mirror of excelsior personally.

lt cmd.science instead tac
4/3/2 console setup
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,043
# 202
01-23-2013, 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
No, my approach is: as long as there are ships that can do the job you're looking for, you don't need to unnecessarily change ships just because you like them better than others, instead you should go and get the already existing ships and do that job with them.

Rather different methinks.
I'm not quite sure given that you said the Ambassador should be scrapped because...well you didn't even say because you think she's unattractive but because she's unattractive like it's the absolute truth because you think she is.
And we don't even know yet what her job is yet.
So since you say the only determining factor in your thinking is a ship's function (while also saying she should be scapped because of her looks)...how does that work?

Besides, I don't even want to fly the Galaxy-R.
I am very satisfied with my Star Cruiser, which does the job I chose it for quite well: soak up damage like a sponge.
However I don't really see the point in the inclusion of ships that are basically useless.
It's a waste on several levels, including effort on Cryptic's part to introduce them.
So if each ship has its own nice (however small it may be) where it's actually useful Cryptic should end up with a more ven distribution of revenue so it should be in their onw interest to make them not s**k like the Galaxy-R does.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 948
# 203
01-23-2013, 03:46 AM
Until we get something useful for Ensign Engineer **** it and make it Tac or Uni.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5
# 204
01-23-2013, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbmoney View Post
Until we get something useful for Ensign Engineer **** it and make it Tac or Uni.

I normally just use Emergency Power to Shields/Weapons with and Ens Eng Slot
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 658
# 205
01-23-2013, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbmoney View Post
Until we get something useful for Ensign Engineer **** it and make it Tac or Uni.
I don't know about that, with a Dragon style EPtS and EPtW chain or an AtB build you run out of space fast. The ensign engineer gives you room to run ET or A2SIF, RSP, and a support power like EWP or Extend Shields. Without it you can't have them all, and have to sacrifice either tanking or support. Of course, you do get the LtC Sci slot, which can help with that, but I still wouldn't consider the ensign engineer useless.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 72
# 206 Amen
01-23-2013, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
That build is wrong on so many levels...
Amen... this is just not right.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 226
# 207
01-24-2013, 11:29 AM
Science mirror of the Excelsior would be quite cool, although a 3pack of 'bassies might be interesting, I think a fleet version would be more likely, unless we got some more 2409 style skins to put on it. Less work for Cryptic, and there are only so many console and boff set ups that could work.

That said, making a cruiser mirror of the Nebula could also make sense for the C-store one:

Commander: Engineering
Lt Commander: Sci
Lt: Tac
Lt: Universal
Ens: Eng
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 948
# 208
01-24-2013, 11:26 PM
I'd much rather enjoy.

CM ENG
LTCM SCI
LT ENG
LT TAC
ENS UNI OR TAC
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,192
# 209
01-25-2013, 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbmoney View Post
I'd much rather enjoy.

CM ENG
LTCM SCI
LT ENG
LT TAC
ENS UNI OR TAC
Better than Galaxy-R = NO!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,043
# 210
01-25-2013, 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
Better than Galaxy-R = NO!
Everything is better than the Galaxy-R, but you probably already know that.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:44 PM.