Commander
# 81
12-25-2012, 06:22 AM
OP layout is fine and does fill a yet unfilled niche (though flagships can mimic the layout), everything that came afterwards is ridiculous.
Republic Veteran
# 82
12-25-2012, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captiandata1 View Post
since catpain james t kirk had 3 captains which included spock, scott and kirk himslef plus 3 commander in 2293.

acutally it is more star trek canon to have cruisers commenders as departmen heads so why not allow the ambassador class to have only three commander one of each department with a low crew of 400 and 2 fight wing bays?
So? Special circumstances...at the end of the enterprise d it had 3 commanders and least 3 lt cmdrs...does that mean we should give the exploration cruiser a build like that?

Plus throwing in 2 fighter bays...lol your insane...infact alot of people are. To think that a ship that is over a half century old should be superior to 25th century right off the line ships is nuts.
Empire Veteran
# 83
12-25-2012, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
So? Special circumstances...at the end of the enterprise d it had 3 commanders and least 3 lt cmdrs...does that mean we should give the exploration cruiser a build like that?

Plus throwing in 2 fighter bays...lol your insane...infact alot of people are. To think that a ship that is over a half century old should be superior to 25th century right off the line ships is nuts.
Well, the same thing can be said for the much older Excelsior. But there it sits anyways, even a fleet version now.

That said, you are right in that he's nuts.

Captain
# 84
12-25-2012, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Well, the same thing can be said for the much older Excelsior. But there it sits anyways, even a fleet version now.

That said, you are right in that he's nuts.
Not nuts, troll.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
# 85
12-25-2012, 03:08 PM
The Ambassador carries the name "Enterprise" in the only episode where it wasn't just a spearcarrier in the background.

With that in mind, it should probably NOT be superior in any sense beyond aesthetics (i.e. it IS a good looking ship!)

That in mind...

Turn rate: 8
Hull: 35K
Shield Mod: 1.0
Weps: 4/4
+10% Aux power
Seating:
LT: Tac
CDR:Eng
LtC: Sci
Lt: universal
Ens: Sci or Eng.

Impulse mod: 2.5

Consoles:
4 Eng
3 Tac
3 Sci

in other words, nothing all that special, a little bit better turn than a Galaxy, a little worse than an Assault Cruiser, average shields, engineering over sciences, but quick in a straight line. Since it's a Tier 5 ship, give it a uni-but limit that to a Lt. spot. the original role in the show was to die heroically, so the hull numbers make sense. it's not a dedicated warship, so a limited tac ability makes sense-this should be easily made up with the Lt. universal (allows two copies of tac team plus two weapons powers at low level). the High Aux fits as well-Aux2Batt and several of the 'heal' abilities in the engineering menu rely on Aux power, and a sci LTC allows some decent dirty tricks without being overpowered. Not a world-beater, but you don't have to HAVE a world-beater, it's a ship that carried that name with the mojo on it, and it LOOKS RIGHT.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."
Career Officer
# 86
12-25-2012, 04:56 PM
I just don't get all the hype the Ambassador gets. Its an uglier, boxier Galaxy. It should've been a T3 cruiser and that's about it.
Rihannsu
# 87
12-25-2012, 05:47 PM
My thread was ruined with Overpowered bullshiz and people who don't understand my idea at all. what the frack... Merry Christmas.
Captain
# 88
12-25-2012, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyranger1414 View Post
I just don't get all the hype the Ambassador gets. Its an uglier, boxier Galaxy. It should've been a T3 cruiser and that's about it.
^ THIS.

Or my first post in this thread. =P
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
# 89
12-25-2012, 07:23 PM
I think that's a matter of Perspective, Heretic (may I call you Heretic?), Personally I think the Ambassador's MUCH better looking than the Galaxy class, with a more 'trim' and balanced look and less "we're going to make it look kewl with lots of swoopy lines and windows", but that's all a matter of taste.

As for the ship itself, well...if they'd intro'd it in the normal game in the normal way, without the obsession on "end game content" that's going around, it probably WOULD be a T3 ship, or at most T4, but it's coming in as a T5 "endgame" ship, so there are necessary concessions that make it likely to be rather powerful.

But there's no reason to make it unbalancingly powerful, or more powerful than existing Fed cruisers. On-par with them, or as a 'little brother' to the Oddy maybe, I think we can agree on that point, at least.

as to whether I'd buy one? look at the avatar...as in "er...no". No matter HOW powerful it is.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."
Commander
# 90
12-25-2012, 07:27 PM
the enterprise d galaxy class would have faired only a little better if any better agained 4 romulan war birds then the enterprise c did. difference it might have the galaxy class take the romulans as prisioners instead of the romulans taking starfleet personal as prisioners.

has both enterprises c and d gone back to fight the romulans in 2344 would have made a larger mess of the time line.
kinda like the nero/naranda ship/spock paradox that created the jj star trek seprate univers is totally different the the prime star trek univers with 20 to 30% larger ships with more powerful and weapons and technolgy.

i imangine that if both entperprise c and d when to fight the romulans in 2344 the romulans would have lost all 4 ships. Starfleet would have sped up the developement of the galaxy class and work on upgrade before the galaxy class were to go into production. While updating all starships expecially ambassador class and newer ships with the galaxy class type 22 years more advanced knowlege and work on larger ships like the star trek online odysey class for about late 2367.

we do not know enough about the yesterdays enterprise d history time line or how jj is going to develope his time line. the enterprise c time travle jump forward in time could be link in some way to the nero/spock/naranda ship backwards time and univers jump?