Lieutenant
# 1 Character Pages
12-18-2012, 10:53 AM
Is there any place for character pages for this game?

Either a place on the actual website that shows your characters for you...or something similar to Primus Database for CO.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 2
12-18-2012, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalityprime View Post
Is there any place for character pages for this game?

Either a place on the actual website that shows your characters for you...or something similar to Primus Database for CO.
gateway.startrekonline.com

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 3
12-18-2012, 11:07 AM
That's good and all, but it doesn't allow you to view OTHER players characters. Only your own. Is this functionality coming any time soon?
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-18-2012, 11:20 AM
I would also like to be able to view other player characters, and to be able to show off mine to friends over the gateway! Pretty please pass that idea on Branflakes?
Centurion Tenir - R.R.W. Taldor
Legacy of Romulus, Round One Closed Beta Tester

"The Republic may need to work with Starfleet and the Klingons now, but trust neither of them."
# 5
12-18-2012, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
That's good and all, but it doesn't allow you to view OTHER players characters. Only your own. Is this functionality coming any time soon?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatyanasergei View Post
I would also like to be able to view other player characters, and to be able to show off mine to friends over the gateway! Pretty please pass that idea on Branflakes?
This is already possible You can change the URL to view a different character@handle. We will also be providing players an option in the near future to disable others from viewing their characters if they wish (sensitive data, like EC and Dilithium totals, can not be seen by anyone other than yourself), as well as adding ways to look up your friends and fleet mates without having to edit the URL.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Empire Veteran
# 6
12-18-2012, 11:29 AM
I can already see the massive negative aspects of people being able to see everyones gear. Before it was just seeing their biography but with all this info... Yeah it will definately get abused.
# 7
12-18-2012, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuxidemus001 View Post
I can already see the massive negative aspects of people being able to see everyones gear. Before it was just seeing their biography but with all this info... Yeah it will definately get abused.
It is akin to other MMOs where you can right-click on someone and see their "paper doll", except we will be allowing an opt-out method in a future update.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Captain
# 8
12-18-2012, 12:45 PM
Luckily the porthole is bugged anyway- all my toons and ships have the opposite problem as in-game. My working toons show correct ships in game but the same toons in this app show shuttles. As well the broken porthole toon (with correct ship) shows incorrect powers.

Happily the bank assets don't show either. Please keep it broken till I can opt-out.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Career Officer
# 9
12-18-2012, 01:06 PM
This is actually quite neat. Shame that it's displaying my Shuttle as my Ship when I'm not using it, but otherwise, I'm liking this feature.

All we need now is a direct link from our forum profile to our account profile and we're sorted.
# 10
12-18-2012, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
Shame that it's displaying my Shuttle as my Ship when I'm not using it, but otherwise, I'm liking this feature.
This is listed as a known issue in the Bug/ Feedback threads, and we hope to have it resolved in a future update.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Closed Thread