Career Officer
# 1 Advanced Custom Interiors
11-29-2012, 09:10 AM
Hello Everyone,

I have another post regarding my "Praxian Alliance" Foundry Episode set... but I wanted to touch upon custom interiors and how much they can add to your foundry missions if you take the time to be creative!

Check out some examples below of some breathtaking advanced custom environments:

These images are from the "Praxian Alliance" Mission Set which is created by a fleet dedicated to creating fully interactive and breathtaking environments using the foundry editor. We help players with multiple aspects of the game, but our main focus is custom content using the foundry.

If you would like more information regarding this mission set, or need help with creating an advanced custom interior visit the mission set's website at www.PraxianAlliance.wix.com/main.

Personally, Im tired of seeing the same maps on every foundry mission i play... dont you want to see something new too? Try creating it yourself!

INQUISITOR CRUSHER
Director of Marketing
ELITE FORCES COMMAND
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
11-29-2012, 10:46 AM
Fantastic looking!

I know from personal experience how much of a pain stairs are. I also like how you seem to have a viable exterior to your set as well as interior. That's not something that I have experimented with.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Career Officer
# 3
11-29-2012, 04:53 PM
This specific map has a LOT of windows to feature the outside environment... due to the shape of the building you can see the building from some of the windows so I had to dress it up a bit.

INQUISITOR CRUSHER
Director of Marketing
ELITE FORCES COMMAND
Captain
# 4
11-29-2012, 06:43 PM
*I throw a rock at one of the outside windows, breaking it and the Ferengi cleaner falls to his death*

I love this interior. I tried making a building like this once but I ended up causing a CTD. Don't ask how.
Rihannsu
# 5
11-29-2012, 06:43 PM
NICE! You did some really nice work here.

I had a lot of fun building Zelatta for the Foundry challenge and I hope people like it. I hope it came out this nice...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
11-29-2012, 06:50 PM
Beautiful works

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Career Officer
# 7
11-30-2012, 08:39 PM
Very Impressive.

Everything fits nicely together with architextural aestetics.
Captain
# 8
11-30-2012, 08:48 PM
If you think the pictures are nice, you should see the rest of the place. It's an amazing building. It came complete with a statue of... me. I wonder if that was removed, because last I saw it still said "Senator Vaporak Statue". Even if it wasn't, there's a 75% chance it got stolen with the other statues.
Career Officer
# 9
12-12-2012, 04:00 PM
Hey I like your map and clicked the link because you mentioned something about information on how to create our own custom maps, but I couldn't navigate to any area on the site for tutorials or anything.

I'm actually a professional map/level designer for other games, so this should be easy for me, even if I am stuck working with only Cryptics assets. I just can't find a good tutorial on how to create your own indoor maps like this. It's all top/down little odd from something like Unreal Editor.

If anyone knows any good tutorials for creating your own custom indoor maps like the original poster mentioned, let me know. I could crank out a ton of nice stuff if I'm just pointed in the right direction.
Career Officer