Career Officer
# 11
12-21-2012, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bghost View Post
HOW IS A 2 HOUR FOUNDRY MISSION NOT COUNT TOWARDS THE OFFICER DAILY. makes absolutely no sense.

mission: Treasure of Argelius II Pt. 2
Does it have five reviews yet?

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Career Officer
# 12
12-21-2012, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
I was very careful not to post-publish "quick test" my stupid mission "Gladiator Rumble." My best time on it is 22 minutes on normal and it takes over 35 on advanced. Somebody might somehow be able to do it in less than 15, but I kind of doubt it.

It's at 14 reviews and does not qualify for rewards.
From what I can gather the mission needs to take about 30 min to qualify for the daily. At least that's what I've discovered with Echo's in Time. Before I extended it, one could play it in about 20 min, but I added about 10 min worth of dialog and combat to bring it up to 30 and it worked.
Captain
# 13
12-21-2012, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drudgy View Post
From what I can gather the mission needs to take about 30 min to qualify for the daily. At least that's what I've discovered with Echo's in Time. Before I extended it, one could play it in about 20 min, but I added about 10 min worth of dialog and combat to bring it up to 30 and it worked.
Hmmm... Ok, I'll try this, although it's going to be a crazy slogfest with 5 rounds instead of 4. How fast did your mission change to qualify. I have 14 plays now... if I make it longer will it take like 30 more plays before it averages closer to 30 minutes?

Last edited by kirksplat; 12-21-2012 at 01:17 PM.
Captain
# 14
12-21-2012, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
Hmmm... Ok, I'll try this, although it's going to be a crazy slogfest with 5 rounds instead of 4. How fast did your mission change to qualify. I have 14 plays now... if I make it longer will it take like 30 more plays before it averages closer to 30 minutes?
I have one that was qualified, became un-qualified, then qualified again when I extended it. Took a few days to crawl back. the big hurtle is that once its flagged people just stop playing it entirely so it's hard to repair the damage once it happens. Group plays are the main reason averages drop but I put a request in the mission description asking people to solo it to help keep it qualified and that seems to actually be helping.
Empire Veteran
# 15
12-21-2012, 01:41 PM
The foundry timer seems to be counting dropped missions too.

I was able to get a newly qualifying foundry mission unqualified by picking it up and dropping it immediately.

It could have been a coincidence but these kind of "half-measures" seem common these days.

Whether this counts per-play or per-character-per-play or per-account-per-play may inspire some trolls
Career Officer
# 16
12-21-2012, 01:43 PM
Drops are not supposed to count in the avg time calculation. If it is then its a bug.

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Empire Veteran
# 17
12-21-2012, 02:18 PM
zorbane: Drops are not supposed to count in the avg time calculation. If it is then its a bug.

Did I miss it somewhere? I don't think think a dev has given any details about what qualifies a mission beyond it needs to have an average playtime of more than 20 minutes.

As far as I know, we aren't sure how that play time is calculated, if it is calculated per-play, per-character-per-play, per-account-per-play, or if it only calculated once per character/account. When does the timer start? On the first custom mission map? What about missions that use dialogs on cryptic maps? Not to mention any other unknown requirements

At this point it is near impossible to make a foundry mission that reliably qualifies for the foundry bonus due to too many unknowns.

And to anyone that says foundry isn't for the rewards... every other mission in the game has rewards or are we devaluing player-content?

Last edited by bootyboots; 12-21-2012 at 02:40 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 18
12-21-2012, 02:37 PM
Make the mission you want to make. Whether it qualifies for rewards or not. That's what the Foundry is there for. I think what's going on now is doing more to devalue the Foundry than it would be if it had no reward.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic

Last edited by drogyn1701; 12-21-2012 at 02:44 PM.
Captain
# 19
12-21-2012, 03:07 PM
I mainly want rewards so that people don't feel like they have to choose so utterly between advancement and story, and, as a consequence, more people are willing to try and enjoy foundry.
Captain
# 20
12-21-2012, 03:32 PM
The situation is new and will likely reach some point of equilibrium in a few weeks. We'll have to wait and see. Ultimately though, drogyn1701 is quite right. Make your missions for yourself and worry about the rest later. There are plenty of people who play Foundry missions for content and they will be arround as long as STO is.