Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > The Art of Star Trek Online
Login

Survivor of Romulus
(That's quite a title...)

My Federation Science officer has Dip 4, and has an Orion Bridge officer.

I'd always been a bit disappointed that the Orion Bridge officer couldn't wear the traditional uniforms that the rest of my BOFFs are wearing. (my captain is about consistent uniforms!)

Anyway, I was excited that we could have our whole bridge officer team wear winter outfits, and they would all match!

However, my Orion bridge officer can't use a scarf, as she only has the option to wear the collars.

My other Boffs can wear the scarves.... Not sure why the one from the Diplomacy award would not be able to.

Maybe I need a way to buy KDF scarves on my Federation character?

Thank you-

Chris

Career Officer
Scarves come in boxes, so theoretically you could get a box using a KDF character, or from the Exchange. However, your Federation character can't open the box. I think you're out of luck.

Personally, I would love it if they made the scarves cross-faction. I have a KDF captain who's an Orion agent surgically altered to pass for my main Federation captain. It would certainly help her "cover" if she could wear a Federation scarf.
Saving the universe ... one game at a time.

Last edited by bberge1701; 12-20-2012 at 10:05 AM.
Career Officer
# 3
12-19-2012, 11:35 AM
My main has a Nausicaan BOFF and I would like the same thing as well. I'd like to be able to alter my Borg Science officer, my Remen officer, my Photonic Medical Hologram, my MACO Tactical Hologram..

I'd really like for the Devs to fix the existing KDF bug with the Marauding reward boff. We haven't been able to alter their costume/appearance since the system was added to game. Yet have received several costume fixes such as the Caitian MACO uniform. More recently the Trill and Caitian Crop Winter Jacket fix. There is no good excuse for why the KDF costume bug hasn't been fixed. This isn't a rare bug, it affects every player who has Marauding at T4.

I don't only pay for things in the game to only get Fed related bugs fixed. I'd like some of my money going toward the KDF as well.
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-20-2012, 11:30 PM
I don't have any of the winter wear myself, but I support the general idea. First thing I tried to do when I got my Jem Hadar boff was to to give him a uniform that matched my other boffs, and was very disappointed to find I couldn't without turning his head into a non-Jem Hadar head.

And for that matter, what's the actual lore difference between a Borg boff and a liberated Borg boff? Borg don't do cultural exchange, so If I've got a Borg crewman, he/she's implicitly liberated Borg, and liberated Borg go straight to medical leave to have their implants removed and their fleshy bits restored. Without that option he/she is just a novelty pet, not a true boff character.