Lieutenant
# 1 Star Trek Cosplay
12-30-2012, 02:32 AM
I'm a cosplayer and crafter and was curious who else is. I also wanted to know what great Star Trek cosplayers you've seen out there.

Any Star Trek cosplay pros, dabblers, in-character costumed performers, cool pics or concepts you can share?

Anyone a fellow costumer, inventor, foam fabricator, prosthetics crafter, jewelry maker, armor or weapon maker, leather crafter, etc?

- Adrianne Grady
Cryptic VO, Priority One Podcast, USS Starfinder, Gates of Stovokor, ST:Continues, ST:Renegades, ST:Axanar, Nobility, Zygerus, Rabbit Moon Show, G&T Show, Trek Radio w/ DJ Deyvid, Subspace Radio w/ DJ Grom, SciMax Radio, Tribbles in Ecstasy, Trek News & Views, Ferengi Alliance Cosplay, ST: Reunion, LARP Alliance
Lieutenant
# 2
12-30-2012, 10:06 AM
I'd love to have a starfleet uniform in my closet, soon as I can find one that doesn't velcro together or look like a cheap costume.

So I guess that just makes me a wish-he-was cosplayer?
Captain
# 3
12-30-2012, 11:25 AM
About 8 years ago, I tried to get into costuming, but no one else shared my enthusiasm, so I gave it up... However, I am still very much into art/models/prop-building etc... A while back, I tried to recreate Jack Harkness' Time Agency wrist-strap to hold an iPod. I wasn't able to find a suitable leather, so resorted to butchering a pleather holdall, which isn't really suitable (too hot on the wrist, and not strong enough as a strap to support the weight of the iPod) so this is more a prototype than a finished piece... Everything on my arm in this photo, tattoos, wrist-strap and paracord bracelet, are all my own work

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r...psf5d6ece8.jpg

[Edit to add]
I also spent some of my inheritance money from my gran to have a replica of the leather jacket Tom Cruise wore in Minority Report custom made

Last edited by marcusdkane; 12-30-2012 at 11:43 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
12-31-2012, 05:15 PM

Last edited by supergaminggeek; 12-31-2012 at 05:19 PM.
Career Officer
# 5
12-31-2012, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by supergaminggeek View Post
You don't have a picture of you in Anaheim?
I love nice long walks in the country.
Especially if they're taken by people who annoy me!
Ar ais olc leis an doer olc
Captain
# 6
01-01-2013, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by supergaminggeek View Post
Awesome piece, is it a casting?
Career Officer
# 7
01-01-2013, 06:17 AM
Cool to see pictures. I remember my first tricorder. It was a broken donkey kong game from the early eighties.
Vice Admiral Kerayz of the Federation of Misfits.
Captain
# 8
01-01-2013, 10:07 PM
I'd love a TNG era uniform, but again, no idea where I would get one (or a pattern) that actually looks decent, and not a Halloween costume. XD

This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-02-2013, 04:07 AM
Well, I'm wearing one of these right now. Does that count?

A little scared to wear the red pair, though...

Also, I still have the combadge pin that came with my STO CE. It's on my punk shirt along with my band pins and patches.
---
Relax.
Career Officer
# 10
01-02-2013, 05:14 AM
Last month my mum needed a costume for a party, but with her broken wrist, her selection was somewhat limited. She still has the brace on after the plaster was taken off and needed something that wouldn't interfere with it.

So she went and rightfuly bugged..........I mean asked me nicely if I could do something. Seeing that many of my hobby's include Art,crafts and Fursuitng.

Anyways, after recovering from her physical attack with her good hand after I made a smart arse joke that she could go as a hospital victim, I limped off and went to work.

The joke gave me a idea.

Took a blue t-shirt, sewed some thick black ribbon around the neck.
Hunted around the net for a decent Sciences badge picture.
Printed it onto photo paper, glued it to cardboard, cut it out, glued a piece of ribbon for a safety pin to be pined through on the back.

And made her a short sleeve Starfleet Medical uniform. She finished it off with black track pants.

I hate parties, mainly family ones, but she told me that it was a massive hit and even had others asking where she brought it from.

That and she kept getting the Vulcan salute.

The whole thing didn't cost a cent as I found this stuff around the house. And I got something to do while breaching CBS's international copyrights.

Oh, and I have 2 uniform patterns in my cupboard and that pin that I got with my STO Collectors Edition. As well as a TOS Tricorder and Communicator, Tribble that wont shut up unless you take out the batteries and a TOS Gorn figure. You know the Gorn that CRYPTIC didn't use as a model.

* raises paw in Vulcan salute to the logical players *

May your cookie never go soggy while you dunk it in your coffee. =3
Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.
I am currently unsupervised, anyone who knows me will tell you that this will most likely lead to trouble. =3
Non stop crashing and epic lagging are helpful in telling me it's time for bed or to go outside and get a life.