Commander
# 1 Nerf Tholian Weapon Shutoff
12-28-2012, 02:34 AM
Please add at least one of the following to the tholian weapon shut off power:

- MUCH longer cooldown
- Removable by more powers (Tac/Sci/Eng Team, Hazard Emitters)
- Most prefered option: Adds an immunity, similar to phaser subsystem proc.

Currently, it is EXTREMELY frustrating to do a tholian alert, have my guns shut off, use a weapon battery, and have it happen AGAIN, to sit there for another 10 secs + unable to do anything while having my shields ripped off and all of their other annoying abilities.

Tholian red alerts lost a lot of fun because of this ability. They are VERY frustrating to do.
Captain
# 2
12-28-2012, 02:37 AM
Or they can leave it as is because it's balanced, and you just learn to sit there and fume until your weapons come back online.

They have all that CC and stalling ability because tholian ships are squishy compared to other ships. We would slaughter them if they didn't have all that infuriating CC. As is, we slaughter them anyways.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder. <--- DR proved me wrong!
Commander
# 3
12-28-2012, 02:42 AM
I didn't say they were hard, merely that it's frustrating.

Several times, I've had it back-to-back. It's even worse when it's tetryon feedback-shields gone-guns offline-heavy trico-dead. It also contributes to lowering group dps, in an event that needs fairly high dps focusing to make it work, especially with the random cruisers you tend to get.
Career Officer
# 4
12-28-2012, 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruinsfate View Post
Please add at least one of the following to the tholian weapon shut off power:

- MUCH longer cooldown
- Removable by more powers (Tac/Sci/Eng Team, Hazard Emitters)
- Most prefered option: Adds an immunity, similar to phaser subsystem proc.

Currently, it is EXTREMELY frustrating to do a tholian alert, have my guns shut off, use a weapon battery, and have it happen AGAIN, to sit there for another 10 secs + unable to do anything while having my shields ripped off and all of their other annoying abilities.

Tholian red alerts lost a lot of fun because of this ability. They are VERY frustrating to do.
Whilst I can just about live with this, I find it most annoying in 'The Vault - Ensnared', where the stupid Mesh Weavers swarm you and make it very difficult to either intercept or attack the Vault Weavers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Career Officer
# 5
12-28-2012, 07:42 AM
Is it true that Emergency Power to Weapons will restore weapons when they are shut off?
Career Officer
# 6
12-28-2012, 07:46 AM
Also, make sure you fly with a copy of Tractor Beam Repulsors I. When you see a Tholian web start forming around you (the kind that stops you from targetting out of it), use TBR. Each pulse of TBR will kill several "web nodes" allowing you to avoid being trapped or losing LOS to your target.
Captain
# 7
12-28-2012, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heresincebeta View Post
Is it true that Emergency Power to Weapons will restore weapons when they are shut off?
Yes, it does.
Captain
# 8
12-28-2012, 08:32 AM
Havent you heard, the more annoying Crytpic makes an enemy the more fun it is?

Seriously, that's what they think.
Career Officer
# 9
12-28-2012, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
Havent you heard, the more annoying Crytpic makes an enemy the more fun it is?

Seriously, that's what they think.
It does often seem that way. It wouldn't be so bad if the annoying parts actually increased difficulty but they don't, they're just annoying for no reason other than they're annoying.
Concessimus etiam omnibus liberis hominibus regni nostri, et dedit pro nobis et heredibus nostris in perpetuum, quibus libertates subscriptas, habendas et tenendas eis et heredibus suis de nobis et heredibus nostris in perpetuum.
Captain
# 10
12-28-2012, 09:03 AM
yeah its not very fun, I would prefer if their hp and attack were buffed at the expense of lowering or removing their target weapon skill. Also lower base cooldown on batteries.