Career Officer
Reputation system - all the hype, biggest thing since sliced bread... Nerfed...

Patch 1 works fine, a few minor glitches here and there, new patch = Broken game

I think the basic feedback from the majority of these forums is the lack of cionsistency with patches etc etc...

I think the majority on the game what I see have little to no faith in the developers any more.

A new patch means ANOTHER fault... ABNOTHEr game breaker... and it seems that only minor glitches are ever fixed.

The lack of customer service is appalling, lack of dev responses you should be ashamed of... and when we DO get a response it's a smarmy 'I'm better than you, stop moaning' attitude.

Stay consistent... Work on your PR and work on what the people want and DONT think that you are doing us a favour by fixing things...Yes it's an MMO... its living and breathing... but it's also relying on us to pay your wages... and when we pay money we expect it to work...
Commander
# 2
01-10-2013, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by romeowhiskey4 View Post
Reputation system - all the hype, biggest thing since sliced bread... Nerfed...

Patch 1 works fine, a few minor glitches here and there, new patch = Broken game

I think the basic feedback from the majority of these forums is the lack of cionsistency with patches etc etc...

I think the majority on the game what I see have little to no faith in the developers any more.

A new patch means ANOTHER fault... ABNOTHEr game breaker... and it seems that only minor glitches are ever fixed.

The lack of customer service is appalling, lack of dev responses you should be ashamed of... and when we DO get a response it's a smarmy 'I'm better than you, stop moaning' attitude.

Stay consistent... Work on your PR and work on what the people want and DONT think that you are doing us a favour by fixing things...Yes it's an MMO... its living and breathing... but it's also relying on us to pay your wages... and when we pay money we expect it to work...
You ever programmed anything in your life that you didn't copy out of a book.

Actually writing the program is about 25% of the work, 75% is debugging. It's an old programmer saying that states, "No matter how many bugs you squash in development and testing, another 1000 will pop up when you release it."

The devs are humans, they make mistakes, and tracking down a major bug and fixing it without causing another major bug is harder than most people think.
Career Officer
# 3
01-10-2013, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedarky View Post
You ever programmed anything in your life
Nope...but then I don't get paid to program things

But in my line of work if you get something wrong you generally get sacked...

Bu it doesn't excuse the extremely poor customer service, smarmy replies and lack of consistency...
Career Officer
# 4
01-10-2013, 09:11 AM
Could you please point out a couple of specific posts in which a Dev has engaged in this particular behavior...

"...The lack of customer service is appalling, lack of dev responses you should be ashamed of... and when we DO get a response it's a smarmy 'I'm better than you, stop moaning' attitude..."

I've been around pretty much from the beginning and as of yet, have not seen a SINGLE Dev Post that was as condescending as you are implying.

We've seen a Dev or two in a few past online interviews be a bit 'over-the-top' in regard to this, but nothing recently that I have read or seen has even come close.

I believe that you might be attributing Player Posts to the Dev's.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by daveyny; 01-10-2013 at 09:17 AM.
Captain
# 5
01-10-2013, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by romeowhiskey4 View Post
But in my line of work if you get something wrong you generally get sacked...
If programers were sacked for releasing buggy code... We'd all still be using DOS 6.
Career Officer
# 6
01-10-2013, 09:29 AM
Hello again,

It appears there may be some confusion as we have provided a response to this. We cannot continue to revisit the same question as we do not have the resources for that. Unfortunately as this issue is resolved any further replies to this ticket will not receive a response.

Best regards,
GM-Unception
-------------------------
Perfect World Support

Customer By Email

11/07/2012 06:10 AM

Hi Unception,

Sorry, but STILL not the right question... I don't want the ship as I already have it... If you look at your CURRENT promotion regarding the duty officer packs, the advertising is misleading .

I am sure you get requests every day BUt what I am saying is that the fact you have 'normalised the chances of getting that particular ship' is misleading.

i never once mentioned a bug...

Please can you read my original complaint, stop trying to dismiss me and maybe perform some
research into my original issue before advising me that I need to buy keys and lockboxes and that I am reporting a bug...

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Response Via Email (Support Staff 62)

11/06/2012 12:38 PM

Hello,

Thank you for submitting this ticket regarding an in game issue. I apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused. For the Temporal Lock box There is a random chance of getting this in regular loot drops. They require a Master Key to open, which is bought off the C-Store for 125 per key, or 1125 for 10 keys. This is working by design and is not a bug. Based on this we cannot grant you the ship or grant you any other item.

Best regards,
GM-Uncpetion
---------------------------
Perfect World Support

Customer By Email

11/06/2012 12:25 AM

Hi...
Not sure if you are sending the correct response as it doesnt actually answer my query...and im not rebelstar27... ?

Response Via Email (Support Staff 62)

11/05/2012 02:00 PM

Hello rebelstar27,

Thank you for your feedback! This MMORPG is a living and evolving experience. As such, the Game will continue to change as we implement and polish new features.

If you wish to discuss your feedback with the game community, we encourage you to do so on the official forums (which you can reach through the community link on the launcher).

We appreciate your feedback and thank you for playing!

Best regards,
GM-Unception
--------------------
Perfect World Support

Transcript of a typical customer service complaint above.

But this is the typical kind of response that people get... dismissive attitude and absolutely no attempt to try and answer a reasonable query that was raised.

And I have submitted numerous tickets in the past via the game, not ONCE have I ever had a response or even an acknowledgment.... My account seems to have lost several expensive items. I am yet to receive a response...

I know I am not the only person to have raised issues such as this, and I also know that I am not the only person to have my issue dismissed. People pay good money to play this and if they have a query or a concern, then effort should be made to answer the query, surely?

It seems that some people need a lesson in customer service, then maybe people wouldn;t be too annoyed when they part with their hard earned cash.
Commander
# 7
01-10-2013, 11:59 AM
This will likely be deleted.
I saved it, tho.

I'm used to incompetence/incapacity/blatant advertising/deflection of blame/distracting from the issue/sweettalking and denial of problems, but that conversation went well beyond what I experienced personally.

It also made me laugh.
Lieutenant
# 8
01-10-2013, 12:17 PM
So, CSR copy/paste fail aside... you were originally complaining that the statement "normalised the odds" was misleading? I think that's a problem with your interpretation of the statement, to be frank.

All they meant is that if you had X chance to get the ship from a lockbox @ 125 Zen per chance, then you have X*(275/125) chance to get the ship from a doff pack @ 275 Zen per chance.

If X = 1
Lock Box = 1% chance
Doff Pack = 2.2% chance

Because you spend more per roll of the dice.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
01-10-2013, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolimpicard View Post
This will likely be deleted.
I saved it, tho.

I'm used to incompetence/incapacity/blatant advertising/deflection of blame/distracting from the issue/sweettalking and denial of problems, but that conversation went well beyond what I experienced personally.

It also made me laugh.

"Operating as intended..."
Career Officer
# 10
01-10-2013, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptvanor View Post
If programers were sacked for releasing buggy code... We'd all still be using DOS 6.
You're a tad optimistic - we'd be back at DOS 3.30
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."