Captain
# 31
12-22-2012, 07:15 AM
If you don't like leavers that much, get a freakin team!

Sheesh.
Captain
# 32
12-22-2012, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stark2k View Post
Hate to be the Devil's advocate here, but to be honest the leaver penalty is too lenient.

Devs should make the leaver penalty a 24hrs Ban - It will make leavers think twice before leaving an STF.

A one hour punishment is dumb, since a player can simply go on to other things for that amount of time. So yeah, a 24hr ban would suffice.
Yeah, I'm sure everyone want 24h ban because of a bug. Several time I did leave because I arrived on an half done STF,... Alone. And CS sometime bug when you finish it and you don't have the timer to leave the map, you can only quit.
I don't even talk about how many I couldn't complete an STF because of an incompetent team. The last time we were 3, myself included, one of the 2 other was decent, the 3rd one didn't talk english at all, and never remodulate his weapon. It was CG No way we could finish it, so me and the other english speaker agreed on leaving.

I never leaved because I failed the optional, or people in my team was dumb, or whatever. So I don't think I'm an A** or a leecher. However I find the 24h ban ridiculous.
Career Officer
# 33
12-22-2012, 07:27 AM
It's not new and I can't imagine anyone who remembers how things used to work when STF's were new complaining about leaver penalties. Without going into much detail about it, Infected - which used to mean doing the Space AND Ground parts of the mission - sometimes used to take all night to complete - if you even completed it. Unless you were there for that, you have no right to complain about the current system and if you were, you wouldn't be complaining. STF Leavers are the worst. Why? Because in many cases (depending on the map and/or ability/dps of those who are left) you make the mission impossible, or near impossible to complete. At least an AFKer/leacher/troll leaves the possibility open that they might be persuaded to participate but if you are not there, then that's not possible. Furthermore, if you leave or start moaning because the optional has failed, um... grow up? You're not the only one who has spent months having the IGN optional noobed up on you, ok? And in answer to 'get a freakin team' - um... if you're going to leave, get a freakin team yourself and stop screwing those of us who don't mind playing with 'noobs'. Pugs are for fun first and optionals and rewards second. If you pug with that mentality, you'll be a lot less irritated by them.

Last edited by redsoniavrel; 12-22-2012 at 07:30 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 34
12-22-2012, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erei1 View Post
Yeah, I'm sure everyone want 24hr ban because of a bug. Several time I did leave because I arrived on an half done STF,... Alone. And CS sometime bug when you finish it and you don't have the timer to leave the map, you can only quit.
While I understand that at times you will encounter a BUG from time to time, it should not be a reason to not implement better consequences for those who religiously bail. I propose that one submit a ticket during BUG encounters.

Quote:
I don't even talk about how many I couldn't complete an STF because of an incompetent team. The last time we were 3, myself included, one of the 2 other was decent, the 3rd one didn't talk english at all, and never remodulate his weapon. It was CG No way we could finish it, so me and the other english speaker agreed on leaving.
Hence a kick option needs to be implemented, one that will NOT penalize the one kicked.

Quote:
I never leaved because I failed the optional, or people in my team was dumb, or whatever. So I don't think I'm an A** or a leecher. However I find the 24h ban ridiculous.
On the contrary it is not - people need to know that if you leave, you'll going to get a 24hr ban. It is mainly aimed at those players that simply leave on a consistent basis.

Here is the proposal:

A) A Voting system needs to be in place - A kick option / with no penalty on the one kicked.

B) A 24hr ban is a better deterrent than the current 1hr ban - make people think twice before bailing. Those who caught a BUG need to submit a ticket.

C) Bailing due to BAD teams or failure to complete an optional should not be an excuse - Hence they need to implement a kick system.

D) The 24hrs ban should be cumulative as one poster suggested - You just don't get an automatic 24hr ban - start with 1hr, maybe 2hrs etc... depending on your frequency of bailing.

E) AFKers after a min of non-activity is an automatic kick with a 2hr ban - If it accumulates during the week, an account wide 24hr ban.

Keep in mind if you simply play the STF and stick with the team, you shouldn't worry about leaver penalty - my point is it should target Rage Quitters & lazy players.

That is why I first agree that a kick option should be implemented, leading to a 24hr account wide ban for repeat offenders.
Empire Veteran
# 35
12-22-2012, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zahinder View Post
If you don't like leavers that much, get a freakin team!

Sheesh.
Unfortunately; some folks find it hard to do so. I myself deal with STFs with a team, so I almost never have leaver issues - What is recommend are for PUG Groups, which mainly are the inferior type of STF teams.

Not Inferior in the sense that folks are bad - but in the sense that you do not know what you will get as a team. Its is a random toss salad of players from a pool of players.

"My mama always said STF's was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump

Last edited by stark2k; 12-22-2012 at 08:09 AM.
Career Officer
# 36
12-22-2012, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
Edit:
I suppose another option would be a 'quit vote'. If an STF starts with five players and two quit, the remaining three can opt to quit together thus ending the mission, without the penalty. This would be the fairest of options. Just needs to be implemented somehow.
Quote:
A) A Voting system needs to be in place - A kick option / with no penalty on the one kicked.
If the person being kicked is leeching, then they deserve the penalty. No team in their right mind would kick anyone else for any other reason. The kick option should last only for 5-10 minutes (most STF's last longer) thus this would stop being taking advantage after 5-10 minutes if they didn't like someone ect.

Quote:
E) AFKers after a min of non-activity is an automatic kick with a 2hr ban - If it accumulates during the week, an account wide 24hr ban.
This I'd support.
Starfleet Veteran
# 37
12-25-2012, 02:57 PM
I just got an 1 Hour STF Penality for entering an Infected Space (Elite) STF that only had 1 person in it (the original 4 players had already left)!

Right now, I'm pretty frustrated off that I ended getting punished because of someone else that decided to abandon their STF. And Furthermore, the Leaving Penality extends to the other Queued Events as well, which means I can't do Romulan Mark Events, Fleet Events, or even Fleet Actions!!

Cryptic NEEDS to revise these Penality Rules!!!

Last edited by azurianstar; 12-25-2012 at 04:28 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 38
12-25-2012, 03:25 PM
I think once someone starts a STF they should stay until its completed
logging out and back in even three days later should log you in to the SAME mission

But then im not a nice person
Starfleet Veteran
# 39
12-25-2012, 04:31 PM
There should be somekind of responsibilty, that's for sure. But to punish newly arriving players because of the original group having problems, just plain sucks.

Just another reason to add why I hate the Public Queues.
Career Officer
# 40
12-25-2012, 06:43 PM
ive only "rage quit" one estf, that was on KSE where some tool ran around spawning borg cubes, not bothering to help (at the time there were 3 out), no one was watching the probes on one side and they slipped through and there was an afk leecher still sitting at the spawn point. That stf was just doomed from the get go. So... I left, switched toons, didn't have any more problems for the rest of the day.

I understand the point of the penalty is to discourage people from screwing over the stf's but theres just times where its prudent to just cut your losses and move on.