Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 476
# 41
12-26-2012, 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyrexianhero View Post
This would be the first case I'd ever heard of being placed into the wrong STF by the software's fault -- it has always been a mistake by the user in cases I've seen or heard about.
I've had it happen to me on 3 separate occasions. The first time I assumed it was my fault. Since I have been very careful to double-check. I've had two more instances since then. In each one I had selected the space instance (say "Infected" for example) and found myself in the ground instance. The last time I triple checked while awaiting game launch. I selected space but found myself in the ground instance.
ZOE: "Sir! You paid money for this?... on purpose??"

KIRK: "Excuse me... what does God need with a starship?"
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 927
# 42
12-26-2012, 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax6996 View Post
I've had it happen to me on 3 separate occasions. The first time I assumed it was my fault. Since I have been very careful to double-check. I've had two more instances since then. In each one I had selected the space instance (say "Infected" for example) and found myself in the ground instance. The last time I triple checked while awaiting game launch. I selected space but found myself in the ground instance.
Perhaps a Season 7 Bug? Or has this happened prior to season 7?

I never had that problem, nor have I yet encountered it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
I just got an 1 Hour STF Penality for entering an Infected Space (Elite) STF that only had 1 person in it (the original 4 players had already left)!


Right now, I'm pretty frustrated off that I ended getting punished because of someone else that decided to abandon their STF. And Furthermore, the Leaving Penality extends to the other Queued Events as well, which means I can't do Romulan Mark Events, Fleet Events, or even Fleet Actions!!

Cryptic NEEDS to revise these Penality Rules!!!
There is no doubt in my mind that the system needs re-working - The STF should not even run with less than four players.

It should be an automatic Team Kick for all if the team is composed of only 3 players.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 128
# 43
12-26-2012, 09:33 AM
The fix is worse than the problem..

In the old system I could at least eject on AFK group members and play another STF.

Now you get penalized even if you load into a broken game and MUST eject.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 927
# 44
12-28-2012, 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by recksracer View Post
The fix is worse than the problem..

In the old system I could at least eject on AFK group members and play another STF.

Now you get penalized even if you load into a broken game and MUST eject.
The issue is that the leaver penalty is the problem and nothing is being done to at least fix it, let alone enhance it.

I guess not many players are complaining about it since it is not on the priority list.

The only solution and considered the BEST solution is to avoid PUG at all cost and try to make friends and make a legit team.
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 586
# 45
12-28-2012, 02:49 AM
The penalty does NOT work... as soon as things get a bit though people just leave. A 1 hour penalty will not change this. Sad but true.
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 586
# 46
12-28-2012, 02:55 AM
Calling people PUG because they are a new players or even if an older player happens to do a mistake during a STF is not a SOLUTION. There are older players out there that don't listen to reason and thus can make it very difficult for the team. Its simply a matter of which type of people you end up with and if they know the rules of the map.

Its the simplest way to flee.. but its not very nice to the other players.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 927
# 47
12-28-2012, 03:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestargaze View Post
Calling people PUG because they are a new players or even if an older player happens to do a mistake during a STF is not a SOLUTION. There are older players out there that don't listen to reason and thus can make it very difficult for the team. Its simply a matter of which type of people you end up with and if they know the rules of the map.

Its the simplest way to flee.. but its not very nice to the other players.


PUG

Definition:

Pick up Group ? a group assembled on the spot for a quest, a PvP battle, or an instance raid.

PUG teams are almost always the inferior team compared to legit Teams.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 172
# 48
12-28-2012, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalspock View Post
As others have said, the penalty was established when the STFs were remade to allow them to be accessed via queue in separate space and ground segments.

Most likely, you clicked on the wrong mission. I have done that a few times without realizing it.

Then, you quit that mission, which may force the people who queued for it to finish it without you, which is really bad etiquette. That is why the penalty timer was created, to prevent people from doing what you did (quitting the mission after it has begun) without consequence.
Or not to finish it at all. Certain missions like Manus are built for a specific number of players. If you don't have that, you are completely and totally screwed. Leaving means that you screw four other people out of their rewards and force them to waste their time. If you enter an STF, do not leave. There is only one circumstance in which you should leave an STF (barring any real life drama), if others have left and you no longer have the numbers to complete the mission. In which case you have wasted your time and been denied your rewards. I hate it when that happens. Just don't do it.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 99
# 49
12-28-2012, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestargaze View Post
The penalty does NOT work... as soon as things get a bit though people just leave. A 1 hour penalty will not change this. Sad but true.
Is not funny when in elite STF we lost the optional objetive and in the next minute all other players leave. The penalty should be 1 day without play any other stf and should be applied for all chars in account.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 57
# 50
12-28-2012, 10:34 AM
A number of time recently I have ended up in finished or empty instances. Left and ended up with a leavers penalty. I have also had the internet crap out on me a number of times, crashed STO, randomly clicked the wrong button and closed STO while in a STF

I like "pugs" as you never know what you will get... (including Klingons in a shuttlecraft, a tuffi, Miranda Class, a federation runabout....).

Each player has to take part - but a kick option is open to abuse.

The levers penalty needs to be fair to all players and the 1 hour ban is the best of a series of bad options.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:01 PM.