Career Officer
# 11
12-20-2012, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
One warning sign to look out for is a fleet that doesn't let you contribute to fleet projects or won't let you spend fleet credits when you do.

If you contribute to fleet projects and can't spend the fleet credits you earn in a fleet store, you should send a message to a fleet leader to ask about it. Enabling that permission for you might just be an oversight.

One way or the other, you will learn something about that fleet and how they treat fleet members.

Being the member of a fleet gives you access to a fleet starbase and a fleet embassy, in addition to the fleet bank and a fleet uniform. It also gives you a built-in list of friends when you want to do team content.

What benefits you get from the starbase or the embassy depends on what projects have been completed and how advanced the fleet holding is. It might be the ability to buy a high-level Fleet ship, or special Fleet equipment, or extra Transwarp destinations, or in the case of embassies, even extra Assignment slots for DOFFing.
Please don't forget that there are also fleets who have a minimal contribution requirement in order to make sure those having contributed much get their shinies befoe people barely contributing enough to even buy a piece of Advanced Fleetquipment
Super Moderator
# 12
12-20-2012, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracondarknight View Post
Please don't forget that there are also fleets who have a minimal contribution requirement in order to make sure those having contributed much get their shinies befoe people barely contributing enough to even buy a piece of Advanced Fleetquipment
No, I'm not forgetting that which is why I said

Quote:
If you contribute to fleet projects and can't spend the fleet credits you earn in a fleet store, you should send a message to a fleet leader to ask about it. Enabling that permission for you might just be an oversight.
My expectation is that a fleet with a legitimate minimum contribution will make sure their fleet members know about it. Or that a message to a fleet leader will correct that communication problem if it was an oversight.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Captain
# 13
12-20-2012, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by earwigvr6 View Post
Thanks again for allt he replies. Very informative.

Think I will send some messages to the leaders and see what their rplies are.

I take it I can do this from the Fleet base screen ?
From the Fleet base screen there is a tab marked "roster"

It will show who is online.

Commander
# 14
12-20-2012, 03:20 PM
Also, a word to those who might not know and a reminder to those who do:
If a fleet isn't to your liking, you can always quit. It doesn't have to be a permanent commitment.
Career Officer
# 15
12-20-2012, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Thanks again for allt he replies. Very informative.

Think I will send some messages to the leaders and see what their rplies are.

I take it I can do this from the Fleet base screen ?
In the fleet window, look in the 'Roster' tab. It shows who is online. It also shows their fleet rank. Unless they have changed the names, the leaders are usually labeled as "leader". If the names have been changed, it might be something like "Admiral" (this IS Star Trek after all). Send a PM to that person.

Also, there is a checkbox at the bottom to show those that are offline. You can check it, and then click the 'Rank' tab to organize the listing by rank. Then float your mouse over each name. It will show you the last time the person logged into the game. If your leader(s) have been away from the game for an extended period of time, I would consider finding another fleet.
# 16
12-20-2012, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfmudd View Post
Also, a word to those who might not know and a reminder to those who do:
If a fleet isn't to your liking, you can always quit. It doesn't have to be a permanent commitment.
Yes and your fleet credits go with you!

Also if you don't regularly see chat in the fleet chat channel... Some fleets like Unrepentant and House of Unrepentant (my fleet[s]) use a chat channel so the Klink Fleeties can chat with the Fed Fleeties and then we all do STFs.
1hr of work @NYS Min Wage 7.25 = 725 Zen
725 x 102 (or current exchange rate) DL = 73950 DL <- can you earn that per hour in game?

Last edited by phantomeight; 12-20-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Career Officer
# 17
12-20-2012, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
No, I'm not forgetting that which is why I said

My expectation is that a fleet with a legitimate minimum contribution will make sure their fleet members know about it. Or that a message to a fleet leader will correct that communication problem if it was an oversight.
The way my fleet works is as follows

1. you request a invite to our fleet (we do not send random invites. i feel that to be rude)
2. the new member is put in the recruit rank and has access to fleet chat and donating to fleet projects and the bank. (they can not withdraw from the bank or buy anything with fleet credits. this is due to the high value of opassets)
3. the new recruit then signes up on our forums and then fills out a short app in our recruiting forum. (this takes all of 3 min and is very painless as told to me by my most recent recruit)
4. once #3 is done we promote you to the Lt rank. ((at this point you can buy from the fleet store but you have to ask a officer to do so as we don't want non members having full access to the fleet bank / fleet store. again due to the high value of op assets))
5. any full member posts a requests for a vote for the new LT and any other full member must second the requests. we then have a 1 week vote and it the yes out ways the no you are in. ((basically this is a "the people have spoken" member ship system. we has the leadership have little to do with if you get in as a full member))

Full members have access to the fleet bank and fleet store.
oh btw coming on our teamspeak server with us will drop a few of the in game restrictions on the fleet bank and store.

yes my spelling is bad i just woke up leave me alone lol
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-20-2012, 05:03 PM
So I ahve started to give some things to my Fleet. So far some Dilithium, some officers and a few other bits...

I think from looking that I need to increase in rank with them before I am alowed to actually get anything from it ? I need to reach the rank of Ensign at which point I think the purchasing options will become available ?
Captain
# 19
12-20-2012, 05:10 PM
Don't bother unless you want the unber gear or someone to do STFs with that you can trust to help you win. Otherwise it's just a pit to shovel your dilithium in.
# 20
12-20-2012, 06:29 PM
Quote:
So I ahve started to give some things to my Fleet. So far some Dilithium, some officers and a few other bits...

I think from looking that I need to increase in rank with them before I am alowed to actually get anything from it ? I need to reach the rank of Ensign at which point I think the purchasing options will become available ?
The fleet leaders set which rank can purchase from the stores. Each fleet is different in terms of who is allowed to buy and when. Some fleets require a certain amount of fleet credits earned before allowing you to purchase. Others don't have any requirements. Some require certain procedures to get a promotion. It really just depends on the fleet. There are many fleets out there. You might want to check out this forum if you are looking for another.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79

Many are at differing levels of tiers as well. Some of the mega fleets with 400 members may be getting close to Tier 5. Other, more smaller fleets may just be getting close to tiers 2 or 3.