Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Star Trek Question #2
12-20-2012, 11:17 AM
What is wrong with The Motion Picture
Granted not my favourite film but it is a hallmark to the epic Original seris, and I love it alot beacuse it is just an extended version of a episode of TOS . And I like it when the enterprise cruises through V'ger ... so yeah why do some of you not like it?
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
Captain
# 2
12-20-2012, 11:19 AM
Cause it's so Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooong.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 3
12-20-2012, 12:01 PM
Two hours of watching a cloud go by. There was about 45 minutes of material stretched into a feature length film.

Honestly about the only redeeming thing to me about that movie was it set some things up for TNG to build on. Decker\Ilia = Riker\Troi, etc.

Porthos is not amused.
Captain
# 4
12-20-2012, 12:32 PM
As above, sooooooooooo long, the plot just drops in all those scenes. Other than that, I quite liked it. This film is the reason I have a thing for bald women
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
12-20-2012, 12:36 PM
When I rewatch it, I skip everything between the opening battle with the Klingons and when the Enterprise first enters the cloud. Fantastic music aside, everything between there is just boring.

That said I think TMP is probably the closest in tone to what TOS was. Encountering strange new life forms. A non-combat mission you might say.

The trip through the cloud is my favorite bit. Though you have to imagine how silly the actors felt filming the reaction shots.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic