Career Officer
# 121
12-25-2012, 01:41 AM

Nooo! I still need my trics to hold my own against evil nasty Borg.
Survivor of Remus
# 122 Tricobalts DEFINITLY Arnt OP
12-25-2012, 02:01 AM
[3:53] [Combat (Self)] Your Mine Explosion deals 208875 (105207) Kinetic Damage to Vegetable0.

[3:53] [Combat (Self)] Your Mine Explosion deals 273555 (137784) Kinetic Damage to Vegetable0.

[3:53] [Combat (Self)] Your Mine Explosion deals 236523 (119132) Kinetic Damage to Vegetable0.

Nope.... NOT AT ALL
Heres some moar
[3:42] [Combat (Self)] Your Mine Explosion deals 96582 (115341) Kinetic Damage to Vegetable0.

[3:42] [Combat (Self)] Your Mine Explosion deals 105068 (125475) Kinetic Damage to Vegetable0.

This is him buffed up.... Ababtive armor at ~93%

[3:35] [Combat (Self)] Your Mine Explosion deals 14657 (175034) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Vegetable0.

[3:35] [Combat (Self)] Your Mine Explosion deals 12233 (146086) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Vegetable0.

[3:35] [Combat (Self)] Your Mine Explosion deals 13808 (164903) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Vegetable0.

[3:35] [Combat (Self)] Your Mine Explosion deals 13130 (156804) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Vegetable0.

Still Died.

I mean u know. This is Obviously not OP, I can instakill u thru 93% Hull Resistance right?/
</sarcasm>

Well If you wanna complain they ARE NOT OP. Go ahead, but these numbers beg to differ. And theres no way u can say that they aren't. Why? Because those are instakills. And when they are used in pvp. It isn't Oh hey 1 guy is using 1, they get shot down. Its 5 guys are using 2 with DPB 3, with pets, so u cant even see them let alone defend urself.
Career Officer
# 123
12-25-2012, 02:04 AM

Nooo. We need them to complete Elite STFs.

Evil PvPers are ruining the game.

Rihannsu
# 124
12-25-2012, 02:27 AM
And if you had something AoE, those mines would all die from one hit. Don't complain if your build doesn't include a mine-sweeper. You could also try, you know, staying away from them.

Tricobalts > complacent gaming syndrome

And "evil PvPers" are trying to ruin the game, by making it so their favorite build is the only one that works.
Career Officer
# 125
12-25-2012, 02:52 AM

Yeah, let's not even get into **** like AMS or EWP or even an annoying shield stripper added into the mix.

Let's just keep ruining the game because some fail-build PvE heroes can't take down Cubes without Trics.
Survivor of Remus
# 126
12-25-2012, 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpangel View Post
And if you had something AoE, those mines would all die from one hit. Don't complain if your build doesn't include a mine-sweeper. You could also try, you know, staying away from them.

And "evil PvPers" are trying to ruin the game, by making it so their favorite build is the only one that works.
Really? REALLY. Do u know how mines work. I run CSV. CSV doenst hit these mines. Why? THEY ARE CLOAKED. CSV doesn't hit cloaked mines.
Career Officer
# 127
12-25-2012, 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
We've been watching and listening to the large amount of feedback that's come from the PvP community...

- Granting a Point Defense system to Battleship and Dreadnought NPCs that would deal a tiny amount of damage per pulse (<50 dmg, does not ignore shields, no procs), but pulses very frequently and favors the nearest target.
*** This would be a soft-counter to Mine Spam One-Shots, but would have the side effect of making them nearly immune to High Yield torpedoes. (We also have the option of forcing it to target -only- mines, if necessary.)

We're particularly interested in hearing feedback on these last two options, as we're still deliberating whether or not they are a necessity, or even a good idea.

After more testing and feedback, we may decide that the overall damage dealt by Tricobalts needs to be reduced even further at some point in the future. If it comes to that, we will also re-evaluate the cooldowns associated with these weapons to ensure that their overall combat viability remains strong.
so you're gonna give us a shiney new hyper plasma torpedo launcher and render it completely useless in end game content for the sake of pvp players... who do I talk to for a refund for my life time sub?
Empire Veteran
# 128
12-25-2012, 04:29 AM
Why not just increasing the threat values of mines so that npcs target them more often?

Anyway, the major issue with tric mines isn't their dps, it's the ability to drop them at a very close range, which makes all counters completely useless. If mines couldn't be dropped under 2-3km or more, there would be no issue.
Career Officer
# 129
12-25-2012, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpangel View Post

aoe is a good counter i agree. i remember my build in pvp was cannon scatter volley only. but that was for cat box pets, heavy escourt pets. its not only tric mines in the game. you also have 5 people on a team. lets just assume each person poops out 2 tric mines each. that 10 trics out in the feilds. tbr hits 3 objects at random. faw can only target so much. figure carrier have 2 bays. 2 carriers on the feild. 1 escourt carrier that can only launch a bay. but u hit that bay 2 times to poop out spam. 1 pure carrier poops out 4 groups of pets. thats 8 groups and the escourt carrier makes 10. and how does my aoe work here again?

its also not just about pvp. what about pve? my escourt can go into hive elite and kill 1 tact cube fatser then 4 other guys on thier own tact cube. ( anyone want to fraps this?) so why do you even need this much fire power? its fun maybe? yeah i guess but the devs did not intend you to blow up stuff this fast. they want you to buy ships to do that. so really your trying to nerf cryptics cash income and in doing so they are nerfing your mines. because lets be honest, 5 shuttles can run elite stfs with trics and win it.
Empire Veteran
# 130
12-25-2012, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken1981 View Post
because lets be honest, 5 shuttles can run elite stfs with trics and win it.

Wait wait wait...

I didn't know shuttles could equip mines. I honestly mean that.