Ensign
# 171
12-27-2012, 06:15 AM
reduce tricobalt damage by 66% along with its cooldown by 50%, its damage becomes manageable while allowing for a single pattern to work on a single mine.

12k damage per mine on a DPB3 as is now means about 80k kin damage on a crit. despite being chainable on 30 sec with a single tricobalt mine, it still allows a rear slot for other fun stuff, maybe even other mine types for trolling.

NPCs should use csv1, bfaw1 and ts1. they are really bland sometimes and only recently its that those NPCs started to cycle shields. could as well allow them to use polarize hull while timed to the player's skill, so a second after a dderix saw a player use DPB it uses bfaw and polarize hull to take out any possible mines. its what should happen anyway.

also it was not mentioned anywhere. if DPB is nerfed, will DPA be too? its not like deploying with a delay wouldnt be a nerf by itself.
Career Officer
# 172
12-27-2012, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
You see though, that's just it.

The fact that anybody can just make a tric build, without the slightest bit of strategy or work, then go into an STF and demolish it all is the whole point.

Trics are acting as little more than an...and I REALLY hate saying this, 'I win' button. You can go into STFs, drop trics, and everything dies, pretty much guaranteed.

That's nothing against you, but it honestly doesn't help players in the long run, if all they see is 'trics = winning'. Then they will apply that logic to other PvE stuff in the game, not really truly trying to learn or improve their gameplay at all, which won't bode well if this game ever gets more difficult PvE stuff (besides just Into the Hive and Hive Onslaught), or if they try and PvP.

If 'Joe Average' can make a tric build and head into PvP, thinking he's all that, and suddenly gets wasted by a premade stomping him into the ground, I REALLY doubt he's gonna be happy, but as we see too often on these forums, 'Joe Average' is gonna whine about being toasted and NOT want his trics nerfed.

Again, nothing on you at all. But if anyone can use trics, that means big-time PvPers can use trics as well.
The downside of a tric build in stf's is the cool down. One minuet in an stf is an eternity, if you don't have a decent build, and know how to help your team, then you will truly be useless. That's why I only run a tric build on one of my toons, and not my main. As opposed to essentially taking tric out of the game with this nerf, if they could just break the crit chain, or possibally nerf the dmg they could do to shields, while keeping the hull dmg high, it would allow trics to be a vaiable build for a talented player, while stoping the one shot kills that have made it so popular. As to stf's neutronium armor really helps against tricks, breaking the crit chains should solve most of the issues there.
Sollaf: Join date Sep 2009, Lifer. Supporter of Cryptic.
Career Officer
# 173
12-27-2012, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0mbustiblelemon View Post
That's alot of Exaggeration.. -.- the average hit i've got from 3-4 Tri-Mines is 80k-100k hp WITH Crit!

Nobody in the history of the game will get a "1 million HP" 1 shot 1kill
Not true, I was running Infected with one of my fleet mates, and he one shoted the tact cube. It is possible, just very improbable.
Career Officer
# 174
12-27-2012, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenmirror2012 View Post
[3:53] [Combat (Self)] Your Mine Explosion deals 208875 (105207) Kinetic Damage to Vegetable0.

[3:53] [Combat (Self)] Your Mine Explosion deals 273555 (137784) Kinetic Damage to Vegetable0.

[3:53] [Combat (Self)] Your Mine Explosion deals 236523 (119132) Kinetic Damage to Vegetable0.

Nope.... NOT AT ALL
Heres some moar
[3:42] [Combat (Self)] Your Mine Explosion deals 96582 (115341) Kinetic Damage to Vegetable0.

[3:42] [Combat (Self)] Your Mine Explosion deals 105068 (125475) Kinetic Damage to Vegetable0.

This is him buffed up.... Ababtive armor at ~93%

[3:35] [Combat (Self)] Your Mine Explosion deals 14657 (175034) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Vegetable0.

[3:35] [Combat (Self)] Your Mine Explosion deals 12233 (146086) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Vegetable0.

[3:35] [Combat (Self)] Your Mine Explosion deals 13808 (164903) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Vegetable0.

[3:35] [Combat (Self)] Your Mine Explosion deals 13130 (156804) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Vegetable0.

Still Died.

I mean u know. This is Obviously not OP, I can instakill u thru 93% Hull Resistance right?/
</sarcasm>

Well If you wanna complain they ARE NOT OP. Go ahead, but these numbers beg to differ. And theres no way u can say that they aren't. Why? Because those are instakills. And when they are used in pvp. It isn't Oh hey 1 guy is using 1, they get shot down. Its 5 guys are using 2 with DPB 3, with pets, so u cant even see them let alone defend urself.
Ablative armor does nothing against tricks, only montanium, and neutronium alloys work.
Ensign
# 175
12-27-2012, 10:13 AM
silly question wich id like answered, when a hangar pet is on intercept, will it target other pets or mines first?

i just dont have a hangar pet on my fed
Captain
# 176
12-27-2012, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollaf View Post
Ablative armor does nothing against tricks, only montanium, and neutronium alloys work.
thats because the trics "stun" disables the ablative armor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
# 177
12-27-2012, 10:23 AM
a 10% reduction in damage will change nothing in PVE

Science characted fires Grav well and traps 6 to 8 spheres in it

Mine launcher caption lays the tric mines

all spheres go poof

the boss npcs go poof as well using varations of these tactics

2 science and 3 minlayers are..............God to a stf

sick
Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Captain
# 178
12-27-2012, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
thats because the trics "stun" disables the ablative armor.
I think someone confused the intrepid ability with the console...

Of course Mai is right the sci ability would only help against the first tric.
Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
Captain
# 179
12-27-2012, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
I think someone confused the intrepid ability with the console...

Of course Mai is right the sci ability would only help against the first tric.
Well, technically they are both consoles now.
Quote:
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIYOTT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ: Have you wondered that maybe all the things they've added to the gaem lately is to literally make PvP unbearable? Because everything they've added has no use in PvE at all; we know the big boss hates 14 yo min maxers
Career Officer
# 180
12-27-2012, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonfl View Post
Who said PvPers want the PDS on NPC's?
they just come to rant. but if they actualy read post from pvp'ers they would see we dont want this on npc because it wold hurt pve just abit. and trust me i hope pve gets hit so badly the kirk heroes will make millions of post bashing cryptic. then the pve'ers can get a tast of what we deal with.