Ensign
# 331
01-18-2013, 03:58 PM
This is my last post here, as always ppl loose sight of the real issue and frankly I think I just wasting my time and it is why I never post in forums anymore....

Firstly, I will tell you something about myself, just so u understand a lot more about my play style and how little your "tricobalt issue" means to me.

First, I have absolutely ZERO projectile skills in EITHER of my toons. I am an energy weapon man from day one and will continue to be so, I do not say I dont carry torps or mines, I saying they are a secondary concern, if you cannot kill with energy weapons then you got a real serious issue and sadly need to rethink your build to improve on your DPS.

Torps and mines should be the Icing on teh Cake, NOT your main punch!

===

Why did I start carrying Trics would be the next thing I wish to explain, well, as usual in an STF where someone who's IQ was not high enough to read and follow instructions, someone screwed up and as usual looked like it would cost us the optional.

Until one fulla dropped his lil pearls on the transformer and BOOM! Saved the optional. I spoke to that person that day after the match (looked through combat log to find out who was teh killa) and he was friendly and informative and told me why he carried those beasties. Since that day, I have SAVED many an optional because of those mines.

Dumb Asses no longer reign... YAY!

So, this change means one thing to me, Dumb asses will once again have the power to upset those who work hard to learn to do it right........

===

Now, back to my REAL ISSUE! Broken things, bugs, those painful things that RUIN a game cause they DONT WORK! my real issue is FIX THEM FIRST! instead of catering to CRY BABIES! Is not broken things a priority?

I did say Trics were too much, I did say WHY they were too much, a BUG! So, it too hard for the programmers to fix, so instead of fixing an issue, they "band aid" something that needs "Stitches" by changing something that is not broken, wow that is intelligent.

What does this say about the people working on the game???? Not a hell of a lot......

====

Care to make the game work well??? Or just care to shut people up???

Or is it, they just care about getting people to spend money to get Zen and fill these ridiculous dilithium needs. Making it more and more boring for those who wont waste their money by getting you to be even more repetitive just to grind S h i t e out...

====

My issue has never been the trics, it never been the people using them as they are, my issue is as usual bugs are left to sideline while changes are made instead to make the bugs "not important" anymore....

I think managing the design of this game and how things progress needs to be revamped more than the trics to be honest.

Yes I probably pissed a lot of people off by saying this, yes I usually piss people off by speaking my mind and I DONT CARE. I care that a game I found that I like, (one that I have put $800US since I started playing 6 months ago into buying Zen cause I liked it and wanted to support it and my fleet mates) is going even more to the DOGS.

If my money means nothing to the game designers, fine, I wont put any more into it, consider my donations at an end, maybe more people should speak up and do the same thing and improve on whole?

Maybe people should stop biatching and moaning about things that CAN be dealt with by using your brains (And yes, tactics ARE there to bypass the tric threat if you use your BRAINS and no I dont give away things for free so dont ask....) and let the BUGS GET FIXED FIRST.

As it is, I over this game, I will take my money and donate to a game that actually works on fixing things and not catering to those who cannot handle a little challenge until the bugs are fixed.... STO will just get relegated to the "when I feel like playing" category....

Last edited by docvamps; 01-18-2013 at 04:03 PM.
Career Officer
# 332
01-18-2013, 07:17 PM
I will post one thing in this thread, and then I am done.

After testing my 2 tric builds (2 out of 10 toons is not a lot to have, so no bellyaching about lack of skill), they are effectively dead. The best crit I was able to get in testing was 50K, and that was against an unshielded foe. I also tested transphasics, and quantum mines, each of those now deals a ton more damage than trics. I can understand the need to fix them, but the need was to fix the chained crits, not to nerf Trics back into oblivion.

Instead of fine-tuning trics, to correct their exploits, you took a bloody axe to them, and cleaved them in two. I have already decided what to do with my eng, after all he was using trics as a place holder, while I work to get him the gear I want. As to my Sci, I built her specifically for tricolbalts, and now she is sitting in a vesta, and I have no idea what to do with her (and this is more about how I want her to play, rather than what is strong.)

Thanking you cryptic for overreacting, and nerfing trics back to what they were a year and a half ago, useless. They were supposed to be the strongest weapons universe, oh well...
Sollaf: Join date Sep 2009, Lifer. Supporter of Cryptic.
Career Officer
# 333
01-18-2013, 07:22 PM
Hmm, I would like to see what kind of numbers other people are getting.

I could have sworn that some people who tested on tribble weren't seeing much of a difference.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Commander
# 334
01-19-2013, 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollaf View Post

After testing my 2 tric builds (2 out of 10 toons is not a lot to have, so no bellyaching about lack of skill), they are effectively dead. The best crit I was able to get in testing was 50K, and that was against an unshielded foe. I also tested transphasics, and quantum mines, each of those now deals a ton more damage than trics. I can understand the need to fix them, but the need was to fix the chained crits, not to nerf Trics back into oblivion.

Instead of fine-tuning trics, to correct their exploits, you took a bloody axe to them, and cleaved them in two. I have already decided what to do with my eng, after all he was using trics as a place holder, while I work to get him the gear I want. As to my Sci, I built her specifically for tricolbalts, and now she is sitting in a vesta, and I have no idea what to do with her (and this is more about how I want her to play, rather than what is strong.)

Thanking you cryptic for overreacting, and nerfing trics back to what they were a year and a half ago, useless. They were supposed to be the strongest weapons universe, oh well...
Trics with Projectiles skilled are still powerfull. My highest crit (one mine) was 150k. Highes Crit through shields was 35k.
I tested them yesterday (the refit for it is pretty cheap), but for them to be really effective, you need teamplay (more mines, tractors, EWP/Theta Radiation, gravity well etc.), then you can kill three enemies in one hit (alpha+omega+dispersal pattern beta). Was hilarious, however adapting to trics are fairly easy. We went agains 3 Sci,1 Tac and 1 Eng, using photonic shockwave, spready, FAW after this wonderful first strike. Since I was the only DD, and they didnt do that much damage, the match went very long. I tried to go back to my original built for alpha strikes, but was welcomed with a subnuke and 4 enemies firing upon me (giving me the second highest heal in the team).

But the funniest thing was a guy telling me I would be stupid and shouldnt play pvp anymore. The next matches I went with alpha strikes and without trics, had the highest damage of my team (and was TOP 3 of the match) and won 3 out of 4.
Career Officer
# 335
01-20-2013, 10:51 AM
Tric Mines are still effective in PvE but imo, utterly worthless in PvP now. If you still want to use mines, you're better off with Transphasics or Concentrated Tachyon.
Captain
# 336
01-20-2013, 12:55 PM
I just tested the mine on the spawn it kerrat right before reset, its still strong enough to wipe out most of the fed players at once without a crit, and will wipe them all out with a crit. The character I used was a tac with max points in both projectile skill and projectile weapon specialization, and was using 3 tricobalt consoles.

Looks like the changes are ok for me then, it makes tricobalt weak for people who arent fully specced into projectiles and using consoles, but still works for dedicated builds.
Commander
# 337
01-20-2013, 06:18 PM
This always happens. An OP skill gets brought in line with everything else and suddenly all the people who were kicking ass with it are ******** that they're useless now.

That's the point. You rely on that one thing then when it's changed you suck again. You had your fun, now L2P.
K'eg/T'lol/Dude/Yak
Captain
# 338
01-20-2013, 07:16 PM
Quote:

awwww so the poor little trics that can deal 50k damage isnt enough?

jesus....

i swear people...

if you all need a one shot wonder weapon why bother playing the freaking game at all!?

i dont quite understand how a 10% reduction in power is such a cause for such whining.

also, if you built your SCIENCE vesta for tricobalts, i'm sorry to say but you were using her wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Commander
# 339
01-20-2013, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
awwww so the poor little trics that can deal 50k damage isnt enough?

jesus....

i swear people...

if you all need a one shot wonder weapon why bother playing the freaking game at all!?

i dont quite understand how a 10% reduction in power is such a cause for such whining.
Yeah seriously. Boo friggin' hoo.
K'eg/T'lol/Dude/Yak
Ensign
# 340
01-20-2013, 10:16 PM
Quote:

lol. /10char.