Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,104
# 11
12-20-2012, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
of course it does
the destruction of an entire culture
the death of two worlds and the complete alteration of Billions of lives?
You do mean 600 space hippies right? That's hardly "countless lives".
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,778
# 12
12-20-2012, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
-

Can't JJ blew them up
Not in the PrimeLine, where Real Trek resides

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
-
He saved billions of lives
A tad of an exaggeration there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
-
he is an Admiral
He should be able to solo the entire ship
Get real, the rank doesn't make him some uber-kickass warrior, it makes him an old guy who was pretty much a desk-jockey...
Besides, the fact that he was betrayed and beaten by Ru'afo, in literary terms, showed that Ru'afo was the villain of the piece, not Dougherty.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 13
12-20-2012, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Not in the PrimeLine, where Real Trek resides
sadly the time lines are ALL screwed up now


Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
-
He saved billions of lives

A tad of an exaggeration there...
no its not

the native population and All the people who would have died in the war after the federation declared that "some " people could be near immortal or "everyone" could live an extra fortnight



Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
-
he is an Admiral
He should be able to solo the entire ship

Get real, the rank doesn't make him some uber-kickass warrior, it makes him an old guy who was pretty much a desk-jockey...
the Average Star Trek Admiral can beat the hell out of an entire Borg fleet
or save the universe twice before lunch

Quote:
Besides, the fact that he was betrayed and beaten by Ru'afo, in literary terms, showed that Ru'afo was the villain of the piece, not Dougherty.
nah shows he was the villain and that Ruafo was the "henchman betrayer"
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,987
# 14
12-20-2012, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
nah shows he was the villain and that Ruafo was the "henchman betrayer"
To use TVtropes, I believe Ruafo would qualify as "The Starscream"

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph.../TheStarscream
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,778
# 15
12-20-2012, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
sadly the time lines are ALL screwed up now
Why? Multiverse and multiple timeline theory would all disagree with that statement...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
the native population and All the people who would have died in the war after the federation declared that "some " people could be near immortal or "everyone" could live an extra fortnight
- Since when has the Federation behaved in such a manner?
- The Ba'ku WERE NOT NATIVE to the planet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
the Average Star Trek Admiral can beat the hell out of an entire Borg fleet
or save the universe twice before lunch
Again, get a grip...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
nah shows he was the villain and that Ruafo was the "henchman betrayer"
Dougherty was no Big Bad. As before, he was under orders from the Federation Council, not instigating his own plan, nor pursuing his own agenda (as proven by his dialogue to both Picard and Ru'afo...
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 16
12-20-2012, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
sadly the time lines are ALL screwed up now

Why? Multiverse and multiple timeline theory would all disagree with that statement...
There is by definition only one Universe
but the Ripple effect messes it all up
Example when were the eugenics wars?
When was world war three?
What planet is zephram cochrane from?

any continuity change or error plays havok
(Year of hell for example)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
the native population and All the people who would have died in the war after the federation declared that "some " people could be near immortal or "everyone" could live an extra fortnight

- Since when has the Federation behaved in such a manner?
-

Often
People are people
tell them some will live and some will not and everyone wants to be the some who will

Quote:
The Ba'ku WERE NOT NATIVE to the planet...
The wild life was
the destruction of an entire Eco system ??


Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
the Average Star Trek Admiral can beat the hell out of an entire Borg fleet
or save the universe twice before lunch

Again, get a grip...
Kirk
Janeway
US

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
nah shows he was the villain and that Ruafo was the "henchman betrayer"

Dougherty was no Big Bad. As before, he was under orders from the Federation Council, not instigating his own plan, nor pursuing his own agenda (as proven by his dialogue to both Picard and Ru'afo...
the "Big bad" A buffy reference I think does not apply
he was regardless of orders prepared to destroy a world and start a war
In Buffy Terms he was Wolfram and Hart not Spike
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,483
# 17
12-20-2012, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
- The Ba'ku WERE NOT NATIVE to the planet...
That was not known until well after the plan was hatched and in the works. In fact, it wouldn't have been discovered at all since the Son'a certainly showed no intention of disclosing it. As far as the UFP Council was concerned, this was an indigenous species that lost out in the balance of the greater good vs the individual, or the 600.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,778
# 18
12-20-2012, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
There is by definition only one Universe
I forget the name of the episode, but in it, Worf was slipping between different (and continually diverging) quantum realities (aka alternate universes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Example when were the eugenics wars?
I'm sure the date is listed somewhere in Memory Alpha or Beta...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
When was world war three?
Same answer... We haven't had WWIII yet in our timeline, but if Team America keeps its tricks up in the Middle East, it won't be long... Instead, we've had Gulf War One, and Gulf War Two:Clone of the Attack...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
any continuity change or error plays havok
(Year of hell for example)
Any continuity change or error plays havok in that timeline. Does not affect other timelines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Often
List five episodes where the Federation behaved thusly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
The wild life was
the destruction of an entire Eco system ??
Cram it, hippie...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Kirk
Janeway
US
You forgot Mark Jameson He was a badass back in his youth, but in his latter years, he got pretty feeble... Other examples of non-badass Admirals are Nechayev, Leyton and Ross. None of them would have stood up to Ru'afo in a fist-fight...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
the "Big bad" A buffy reference I think does not apply
he was regardless of orders prepared to destroy a world and start a war
Someone else linked to the tropes page, and that was the main reference for badguy... As for orders, yes, because he, like Spock, could see the logic in the needs of the many outweighing the needs of the few. He knew he was doing a dirty job, hence why he was trying to keep BoyScout Picard and the Happy Gang from finding out too much, but he could still see the benefits outweighing the costs... But most important of all, it was not his plan, and he sought no personal gain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
In Buffy Terms he was Wolfram and Hart not Spike
I disagree. To stick with the Buffy analogy, he was Lyndsey or Lila...

Last edited by marcusdkane; 12-20-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,778
# 19
12-20-2012, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik View Post
That was not known until well after the plan was hatched and in the works. In fact, it wouldn't have been discovered at all since the Son'a certainly showed no intention of disclosing it. As far as the UFP Council was concerned, this was an indigenous species that lost out in the balance of the greater good vs the individual, or the 600.
Really? I suspect the Council was aware of that from the beginning, and part of the reason they were prepared to allow the relocation to take place... The knowledge that the Son'a were originally Ba'ku was the secret which they had been keeping to themselves...
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 20
12-21-2012, 01:18 PM
Who are you calling a hippy Herbert??
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:41 AM.