Captain
# 11
12-20-2012, 08:56 PM
If the world does end, it's gonna end with some epic music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpU0FoPsaes

Gotta love Two Steps From Hell.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Career Officer
# 12
12-20-2012, 08:59 PM
Play STO till I fall asleep on the couch then I'll be ready to die.
......... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.75 years.
.......................SARCASM... Just Another Service I Offer...
Career Officer
# 13
12-20-2012, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangolight View Post
Not Borg proof? You are so not prepared.
hhahha nice, well i still have time, maybe i can incorporate that into the build
Like my Fan Page Here
xXLocutusXx
Career Officer
# 14
12-20-2012, 09:39 PM
Weeeeeeeell, it's the 21st here in Australia. And yeah we are in the future to you guys.

Sooo..............yeah, NOTHING!

I do have infomation that PW brought the rights to the 21st and, you know, they borked it.........
LTS Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.
I am currenty unsupervised, anyone who knows me will inform you that his will mostly lead to trouble.=3
Captain
# 15
12-20-2012, 09:50 PM
According to something I read, the Mayans didn't add leap year into the calendar. If you do the research and math, the Mayan long count calender came to an end around fifteen years ago.

I guess not many people noticed.

Last edited by linyive; 12-20-2012 at 09:52 PM.
Captain
# 16
12-20-2012, 10:07 PM
Don't you get it, we're all dead and this is hell, condemned to an eternity of inane forum topics, Star Trek trivia up the Wazoo, bad Gorn puns and incomplete video games.

Seriously, Happy Holidays everyone and I hope nobody in the world took this end of the world rubbish seriously.
Career Officer
# 17
12-20-2012, 10:30 PM
Come now. Where are all of our community doomsayers? This topic is for them. Repent! No more STO! No more world!
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Where you can also catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link
Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Captain
# 18
12-20-2012, 10:32 PM
A world without STO?!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo.......
Career Officer
# 19
12-20-2012, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post
According to something I read, the Mayans didn't add leap year into the calendar. If you do the research and math, the Mayan long count calender came to an end around fifteen years ago.

I guess not many people noticed.
Well, the Mayans didn't predict 2012 either. It's a conversion.

And what they had slated wasn't the end of the world but the end of one long calendar with a party (and they had many calendars worked up).

The 2012 solstice time is significant in a few cultures as a calendar rollover. Some Cherokee and Mayans among them. But generally regarded as a big day of rebirth, an underworld god and the sun god duking it out, a lapse, and a change somehow dominated by peace and communication.

In Mayan tradition, the underworld god usurped by a rabbit (a kind of feminine trickster god) who steals the underworld god's crown and then defended by the sun god. In Cherokee, the Keeper of Mysteries arriving and a lapse in time while everything resets for the next phase.

Date wise, it's also smack dab in the middle of the annual Saturnalia, the festival when Rome's customs would be inverted and masters would serve slaves, gambling was permitted, and a carnival and festival of lights would be held.

So it's basically just a time of solstice upheaval, somewhat more significant in some native American cultures based on the year. (The Mayans started planning their party in the 7th century.)

The apocalypse angle mostly boils down to western Europeans always interpreting the end of anything as an apocalypse whereas more agrarian cultures often tend to see them as occasions for partying, fertility, and renewal.

The Mayans in particular had a calendar that accommodated more dates than the age of the universe according to modern physicists. And referenced dates that convert to dates after December 21, 2012. This is just a big calendar rollover, which happened very infrequently for them. Because they probably liked to downplay the idea of anything coming to an end and emphasized continuity.
Lieutenant
# 20
12-20-2012, 11:51 PM
If it's really not the end..i'll tell Q to make a few zombies..