Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 210
# 1 Romulan Marks
12-20-2012, 07:38 PM
Hello,

Are there any plans to make accumulating RM's any easier? I currently have 6000+ plus Omega Marks and 70+ Romulan Marks. This to me indicates that what I enjoy doing in STO won't help me much with Romulan rep projects. I have no wish to play with epohh's either. Could you guys either add more combat-oriented ways to gain RM's, or increase the amount of RM's rewarded for current non-epohh activities, please?

Last edited by chuckingram; 12-20-2012 at 07:53 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,373
# 2
12-20-2012, 07:52 PM
As long as non-combat ways to get OMs is added. Preferably by raising your own pet Borg or pets that use Borg as toothpicks. I don't care which.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 210
# 3
12-20-2012, 07:55 PM
You should have started your own thread.
Commander
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 289
# 4
12-20-2012, 07:58 PM
I agree. I have 7000 omega marks and 300 romulan marks. I do the the Patrol daily everyday. and the rescue mission twice and hour but the most you can get from it is 20. The red alert is broken so sometimes it takes a week just to find one that you can enter without if kicking you back out. I thought todays patch was suppose to fix it but it didnt. I dont like the ground mission thay take to long for to little marks like 10 to 15 marks. There needs to be mission slike the STF's that respawn every 30 min and pay out 50 -100 marks. I did Infected Elite today hit the optional and got 100 omega marks. There are no Romulan mission that do that. To get a Full Reman set and the full Romulan set you will need 2-3k marks and that number is impossible to hit.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,373
# 5
12-20-2012, 07:59 PM
There are two types of people in the Reputation system. Those that have too many Romulan Marks and not enough Omega Marks due to Epohh Raising and an adversion to STFs and those that have too many Omega Marks and not enough Romulan Marks due to enjoying running STF after STF. If the devs satisfy one group of people, then they should satisfy the other group. Right now, I have about 2000 Romulan Marks while only 200 Omega Marks. So IMO, there is nothing wrong with gaining Romulan Marks by spending a couple of minutes each day doing epohh raising.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5,320
# 6
12-20-2012, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
There are two types of people in the Reputation system. Those that have too many Romulan Marks and not enough Omega Marks due to Epohh Raising and an adversion to STFs and those that have too many Omega Marks and not enough Romulan Marks due to enjoying running STF after STF. If the devs satisfy one group of people, then they should satisfy the other group. Right now, I have about 2000 Romulan Marks while only 200 Omega Marks. So IMO, there is nothing wrong with gaining Romulan Marks by spending a couple of minutes each day doing epohh raising.
And there's a third group, the few nutsos like myself who do everything and have plenty of both types of marks.

I'm sitting on 1,500 Romulan, and 1,100 Omega atm. I'd have more if it wasn't for the pure and simple fact that I bought the new set pieces that I could unlock and did ALL the store unlocks for both of em.

Remember folks, it might not be too bad now, with only two reps, but just think about the future, when we have 4 or 5, or more reps, it may not be very easy in the future to get those marks you need. STFs and Romulan marks are easily gotten, future stuff might not be.

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 210
# 7
12-20-2012, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
So IMO, there is nothing wrong with gaining Romulan Marks by spending a couple of minutes each day doing epohh raising.
I don't care what you think is wrong or not. I don't play STO to chase alien rabbits, and mine is the opinion that matters. That's why I posted my concerns in the "feedback" forum. Again, if you want to argue that your style of game play is superior, start your own thread, please.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,373
# 8
12-20-2012, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckingram View Post
I don't care what you think is wrong or not. I don't play STO to chase alien rabbits, and mine is the opinion that matters. That's why I posted my concerns in the "feedback" forum. Again, if you want to argue that your style of game play is superior, start your own thread, please.
Your opinion only matters to you just like only my opinion matters to me, but trying to force people out of your thread because they say something you don't like is not cool. I find more problems with how people gain Omega Marks. Deferi Invasion is the only method for some players and it can be a nightmare. Romulan Marks has numerous methods to get for players with very different play styles while to get Omega Marks, the only reasonable method is Elite STFs. All I have to say is that your idea of making things easier is completely different from mine since nothing can be easier than spending a couple of minutes a day to get about 400 Romulan Marks a week.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 9
12-20-2012, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Your opinion only matters to you just like only my opinion matters to me, but trying to force people out of your thread because they say something you don't like is not cool. I find more problems with how people gain Omega Marks. Deferi Invasion is the only method for some players and it can be a nightmare. Romulan Marks has numerous methods to get for players with very different play styles while to get Omega Marks, the only reasonable method is Elite STFs. All I have to say is that your idea of making things easier is completely different from mine since nothing can be easier than spending a couple of minutes a day to get about 400 Romulan Marks a week.
Heh... heh... hah... hah... heh... Thank you very much for that great laugh I just had. I really needed it. You sir, would make a wonderful comedian.

Getting omega marks is almost ludicrously easy. I have more trouble finding specific DOff missions than I do getting omega marks. And you are correct, the easiest method is ESTFs. So you just derailed your own argument with this. And there is nothing easier than spending 15 minutes of your time to slaughter a ton of borg, get 60-130 Omega marks, PLUS dil and BnPs and sometimes loot. It's easy. It's fun. And it pays well.

Before you comment on the nightmare of pugs, I will simply put this single statement out. PublicEliteSTF. Free channel. Decent players (for the most part usually competent). Usually pretty nice mood in channel as well. You go in, call for an ESTF, set it up, get your other 4 guys, 20 minutes later, you're richer in both OMs and BnPs, have a little more unrefined dil, and some loot (which means ECs).
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 210
# 10
12-20-2012, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Your...
Mods, please. Why is this guy being allowed to behave this way?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:10 PM.