Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Reputation System
Login

Survivor of Remus
Why is it that there are less Borg reputation points given out after each task completed than there are Romulan or Tholian points?
Empire Veteran
# 2
09-08-2013, 07:35 AM
You must be playing missions like Defera. If you do elite STFs you will get more marks for that rep than there are given for Romulan and Nukara.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Career Officer
# 3
09-18-2013, 12:43 PM
Actually they made a stealth pass on the Nukara adventure zone a while back and upped the number of Nukara Marks each mission gives. During a mark event the other day I made over 250 Nukara Marks in 30-45 minutes playing by myself. Not quite as rewarding for the time spent as ESTFs, but closer than anything else in the game.
Lieutenant
# 4
09-21-2013, 08:21 AM
I think the worst rep points to obtain are the Romulan Ones.

eg:

- Omega Missions (core 3 being played since before rep system) = approx. 50-75 marks each completion. (at Elite, factoring in Optional Success or not + bonus marks hours or not)

- Nakura Marks - As stated previously. A full run of easy and mid level mission completions both inside and outside during bonus hours netted me a nice 200 marks (give or take approx. 1 hr solo)

- Romulan Marks - TERRIBLE rate of issue. Best I have found is Daily tour during bonus hour for 75 marks. (this takes about 45mins - 1hour to complete). Otherwise you can grind the only other events I have found (not inc Vault which is a pain changing ships all the time) for Azura Rescue, Vault: Ensnared and Rh'ihho station. During bonus hour netting maybe 20-30 marks each completion IF lucky.

Forget the instances on New Romulus. Each give u maybe 5-10 marks for quite a bit of mundane work.

(noticed how tedious this was whilst spending over 7hrs constant grinding to get the required 500 marks for some tier 3 gear. - shudder to think how much will have to be done at tier 5)

-- If anyone has any alternatives for earning Romulan Marks at a better rate of 1-3 vs Omega or Nakura Marks, would love to hear it.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
09-21-2013, 09:44 AM
Agreed. The Roms are pretty stingy with the marks compared to the borg. 60 rom marks for an hour vs 100+ borg marks for 10 minutes in conduit.
Commander
# 6
09-21-2013, 09:46 AM
i really want elite versions of the romulan missions for marks , atm i find that doing the tau dua sector daily but not turning it in untill the mark event will net you 75 and just do the mine enemy event with a semi reasonable team nets you a good 75 each time also and i can make about 400+ for the hour . but i REALLY want elites for most of the other mark generating missions, like the omega ones have, i am always swimming in omega marks and never have anything i want to buy with them, really hoping there will be a way to exchange marks for other mark types with a small exchange fee or something.
"...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl
Empire Veteran
# 7
09-21-2013, 10:20 AM
Rom and tholian marks need to be boosted to the same level of STFs imo.
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
Commander
# 8
09-21-2013, 11:35 AM
You only have to look at the numbers. I run pretty much everything on a pretty much random basis and on my main I currently have 6287 omega marks, 389 Tholian and 251 Romulan marks. I have also spent far more omega marks than the other two. It's still totally possible to do all three reps at the same time, but irritating nonetheless. And yes, we know about Epohhs.

Wanted: 200,000 Dilithium Special Feature Projects for Romulan skinned Fleet Holdings.
Captain
# 9
09-21-2013, 12:18 PM
Romulan marks are ridiculously easy to get, actually.

Get five people. Queue up for Defend RhIhho station (ground stuff).

It lasts all of 8 minutes and nabs about 30-40 marks each run

it has NO cd.

In one hour, youll get almost 200 marks on bonus. (or you can choose fleet marks if you want)

Then you can always do Epohhs (400 marks every 4 days)

Everything is OP, plz nerf
Fleet Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===
Captain
# 10
09-21-2013, 12:42 PM
All I did for Romulan was run the Tau Dewa Daily for a few times, then just chase rabbits for the rest. Chasing rabbits gives the best payout for the lowest amount of work.