Captain
# 21
12-25-2012, 01:15 AM
I'll second the notion - Romulan marks are very easy to obtain. In fact for less than 1 hours work in total, spread across 10 days - you can have 400. Epohhs are ridiculously easy to utilize... so easy that I gave up doing the daily patrols.

So lets ignore Epohhs for the moment, and that after Tier 5, you really don't need to farm anything until CRYPTIC introduces something new...
  • Daily Patrol generates 60 - easily attained in 1.5 hrs
  • Daily Red Alert - 30
  • 3 Missions - 8-20
  • 5 Romulan planets side - 10 each,
  • Tier Missions 10-15 (1 at each Tier)

OMEGA and Romulan reputations are not equal - hence the lower Romulan marks rewarded. OMEGA has so much more to offer in terms of gear, consumables, etc.

Admiral Thrax
HAIL HYDRA! Kirk's Protege 10/26/13 http://www.dtfleet.com
Empire Veteran
# 22
12-25-2012, 05:28 AM
Winter epohhs are easy game, but I have to visit for 4 days before I have enough tags to even start on New Romulus! Things will suck after January 14!

I think that the Tau Dewa patrol needs an hour cool down. Not a day! That would solve a whole lot. the planetside stuff is just not time efficient.

Join Date: December 2009 - Alliance Central Command - boq botlhra'ghom
Commander
# 23
12-25-2012, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
...Getting omega marks is almost ludicrously easy...
The point isn't the "ease" of acquiring marks in terms of difficulty, you know. What is being discussed is the method of marks' acquisition.

The OP just wants more combat- and STF-oriented methods of getting marks. Which is fine; its his prerogative and opinion as a gamer. Personally, I'd rather jam a knife into my eye sockets then grind STF's; if I wanted to do something like that, I'd go back to WoW. Granted, it's quite irksome to do the planetside New Romulus stuff, but on the other hand it's not STF's...and that's good enough for me.
Captain
# 24
12-26-2012, 05:44 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek

Last edited by bluegeek; 09-11-2013 at 11:08 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 25
12-26-2012, 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
self-aggrandising (that word doesn't exist btw)
Word-A-Day calender makers grumble incoherently as they recall thousand of missprinted calenders.......

I like the Epohh raising for RM's. Why do they need to make a newer way to do such an easy thing?
STO is very much an Adam One culture and completely inarticulate about Adam Two.
Captain
# 26
12-26-2012, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckingram View Post
Again, if you want to argue that your style of game play is superior, start your own thread, please.
It's an opinion thread. If you don't want to read opinions that differ to your own, start your own forum with strict membership restrictions.

Posting your point of view, and just expecting a line of "I agree" posts and nothing else is bordering on naivete/stupidity.
Captain
# 27
12-26-2012, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dma1986 View Post
It's an opinion thread. If you don't want to read opinions that differ to your own, start your own forum with strict membership restrictions.

Posting your point of view, and just expecting a line of "I agree" posts and nothing else is bordering on naivete/stupidity.
There are a number of posters here who need to read this. Thankfully many of them either don't post much, or stopped posting.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Ensign
# 28
12-27-2012, 05:45 PM
I was thinking along these lines today.
The Rom space missions are too easy and at the same time too time consuming.
After doing them a few times it feels like a whack-a-mole grind, requiring little more than smashing your face off the space bar.

Mine trap can be fun and worth the time thanks to an average of 40-70 marks awarded. There def needs to be some STF style ground missions for Romulan Marks. Mine trap just isnt enough on its own. Some harder, more team/cooperation based space STF style Rom missions wouldnt go a miss either.

Untill then its going to be a case of doing STFs for fun/rewards and doing Rom missions just to fill the Rom reputation trees. Once they are full I doubt I will ever do Rom missions again.

Maybe Mine Trap.
Captain
# 29
12-27-2012, 07:45 PM
Some of us don't want to farm stupid epohhs, I hate non-combat stuff, and dont have much doffs besides active ones and don't know much about how to the ones I do have other then the active ones.

I have been able to get everything else I need in this game while avoiding boring non-combat grinds like doffing and still have comparable loads of EC, dil and gear to people who do that stuff. I should be able to do the same with romulan rep.
Captain
# 30
12-27-2012, 10:23 PM
So what is stopping you? There is plenty of combat Romulan missions. The Epohh Raising amounts to only 50 to 80 Romulan Marks per day depending on Assignment crits. 60 Epohh Marks are guaranteed each day with the Tau Dewa Sector. Therefore, the only real complaint about Romulan Marks is players can't get a ton of them in one day.

There is none of the valuable items in the Romulan Store. At Tier 5, there are two space sets that are almost identical, a bunch of consumables, a space weapon, an ultra rare hangar pet, and a weapon that was taken out because it wasn't ready. Just got to Tier 5 today and I am done with Romulan Reputation. With the Omega Reputation, I still have 2 more ground sets to grind for. Might just do Romulan content so I can turn it in for the dilithium. I find the main difference between Romulan Marks and Omega Marks is that Romulan Marks is gradual content while Omega Marks can be burst content depending on player style.

I just can't understand the complaint about not having enough Romulan Marks since there is not much to spend Romulan Marks on compared to Omega Marks. To get the Mk XII sets in the Romulan system you need 4500 Romulan Marks, but since the sets are too similar, then most will only spend 2250 Romulan Marks on it. Including the space weapon and ultra-rare hangar pet that is 2990 Romulan Marks since there is no real reason to get both. If you want to get both space sets, then that costs 5240 Romulan Marks. To do the same thing for the Omega Reputation, it will cost about 17,000 Omega Marks. That includes all 3 Mk XII STF Ground sets, all 3 Mk XII Space sets, costume unlocks, and the Mk XII Borg set.