Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Captain
# 11
01-02-2013, 02:43 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 01-02-2013 at 03:19 PM.
Career Officer
# 12
01-02-2013, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
Realistically speaking, if Science Team is active, you should be IMMUNE to getting hit by additional debuffs. The only exception ofcourse, is if you have an ability which can "cleanse" Science Team, or until Science Team disappears.
Arguably, SNB *is* supposed to be the one ability that can "cleanse" Sci Team. I can see how the argument could go either way.
Career Officer
# 13
01-02-2013, 03:26 PM
what is going on with the science boff slots still can't use when i rearange them
Empire Veteran
# 14
01-02-2013, 03:48 PM
they were all on vacation, relax. ya thats exactly whats happening. a second SNB can clear an active sci team. if that is working as intended, whats the active 5 second resist on the team skills for at all?

i'd rather that be done away with on all 3 team skills, and for APB and APD to work like FOMM, with a single application and single clear. currently APB is all but useless with the very common 66% up time its counter has.

also ET and VM are having a similar problem. from what i can tell, ET does not clear VM, it just sometimes fixes the down subsystems and makes you immune from its effects for 5 seconds. it doesn't actually clear it off you.
the pvp build and help thread
gateway links(should actually work now) -->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 15
01-02-2013, 03:49 PM
I think it should be working as intended. Part of the strategy of abilities and counter abilities is the timing involved and not blowing your counter too early. Considering that the cooldown on science team is much shorter than SNB, if you blow Science Team *before* you even get SNB'd, that's the risk you're taking.
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----
Career Officer
# 16
01-03-2013, 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangolight View Post
I think it should be working as intended. Part of the strategy of abilities and counter abilities is the timing involved and not blowing your counter too early. Considering that the cooldown on science team is much shorter than SNB, if you blow Science Team *before* you even get SNB'd, that's the risk you're taking.
damn, you make it sound like a card game, as if anybody had time to think about stuff like that while being shot at

i understand phasers, i understand photon torpedoes and energy shields, but all this wizzard stuff is a bit too much magic and not enough technology for me, show me one episode where anybody made fire out of nothing with his Tricorder. Thats like shooting someone with your iPhone... and yes i know there is an app for that.
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
01-07-2013, 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
After some internal testing, it looks like the only place the Science Team is not working to correctly cleanse debuffs over its duration, is if you're hit with a Subnucleonic Beam after Sci Team is active. This is because the buff dispelling portion of SNB is removing the active Science Team buff before it can auto-cleanse.

We're looking into whether or not this is an "as intended" feature of the power. SNB is specifically designed to clear buffs from an enemy target, so one could argue that this is working as intended. However, Science Team is supposed to be a counter to SNB, so the opposite argument could also be made.

Is anyone experiencing this apparent "failure" of Science Team to cleanse debuffs, against something other than SNB?
this is wrong because even jam sencors or scramble sencors can be placed on a ship that has sci team working. not only that but not to long ago sci team was working so that during teh 5 secs a sub nuke could not strip it off. the 5 sec duration of immune needs to be back. clearly its been broken in a patch.