Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 21
12-22-2012, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdeath View Post
The people who were whining about what you were doing were in the wrong. Yes, it's a PVP Zone. But it also has PVE elements. Whining about it was silly. If you don't like the PVP Element, don't play in the zone. And if you don't like the PVE element, don't play in the zone. Works both ways.
Even if we agree with that, can we still complain about Borg hiding in terrain while firing at you - the broken Fed warp on the restart - that there's still stretchy Borg - that instead of the Tacts showing as friendly, they should warp in when the next stage begins - that the announcement of the next stage shouldn't break cloak - and well... even if we agree with that, can we still complain about all the rest?
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Rihannsu
# 22
12-22-2012, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Even if we agree with that, can we still complain about Borg hiding in terrain while firing at you - the broken Fed warp on the restart - that there's still stretchy Borg - that instead of the Tacts showing as friendly, they should warp in when the next stage begins - that the announcement of the next stage shouldn't break cloak - and well... even if we agree with that, can we still complain about all the rest?
We are allowed to complain about all the technical bugs, glitches, and broken effects in Ker'rat that have been wrong with the zone either from Launch, or perhaps more recently.

Complaining how ever about the fact that your in a Map that has both PVE and PVP, because you don't like one part or the other, is silly since there are plenty of other options to do out side of Ker'rat.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Captain
# 23
12-22-2012, 03:50 PM
I won't complain or tell someone to stop farming, but if the zone keeps getting reset every 5 minutes it gets annoying. I will however either ask who won 1st or log onto my fed I keep near kerrat just for this reason to see who keeps winning then go straight for them every time. Don't like it then don't complete the mission so fast where people don't even have enough time to finish fights before zone resets.
Captain
# 24
12-22-2012, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
I won't complain or tell someone to stop farming, but if the zone keeps getting reset every 5 minutes it gets annoying. I will however either ask who won 1st or log onto my fed I keep near kerrat just for this reason to see who keeps winning then go straight for them every time. Don't like it then don't complete the mission so fast where people don't even have enough time to finish fights before zone resets.
But that's sort of the thing. You're not supposed to complain about them completing the zone so fast...you're supposed to kill them so they don't.
Captain
# 25
12-22-2012, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
But that's sort of the thing. You're not supposed to complain about them completing the zone so fast...you're supposed to kill them so they don't.
Does get you a lot of hate PMs though lol. Lots of farmers are suprised they actually have to pvp too sometimes in a pvp zone.
Captain
# 26
12-22-2012, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
Does get you a lot of hate PMs though lol. Lots of farmers are suprised they actually have to pvp too sometimes in a pvp zone.
Heh, I never get any PMs in game...unless I'm on the same team. I fly anon.

But yeah, it's kind of funny in zone chat.

RandomGuy: Why don't you go find somebody that wants to fight?
Me: You came to Ker'rat - you want to fight.
Captain
# 27
12-22-2012, 08:13 PM
I love Ker'rat. I can't stand doing the queues, waiting for them to pop, etc. Whenever I PvP, it's in ker'rat. I'm one of those BoP pilots that love ambushing careless feddies, and targ-packing other feddies to death in cooperation with other BoPs. Ker'rat is basically the natural realm of the BoP ambusher, because we have all the time in the world to set up an ambush and wait for the opportunity.

Those complaining about the PvP aspect. . .there are a lot of other places to Kirk your heart out. PvP should be the predominant goal in Ker'rat, because it's one of the few places in-game for it.

About the folks complaining about the mission getting finished quickly: Ignore 'em. They're just irritated about the reset/warp-out nonsense that tends to disrupt gameplay by having an annoying spawncamp right on the KDF spawn (despite the fact that the feddies whine whenever the KDF bothers to spawncamp their end).
Empire Veteran
# 28
12-22-2012, 08:21 PM
I'm constantly getting PMs from ker'rat item farmers as I prefer to hunt them down when not battling other players
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
Captain
# 29
12-22-2012, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblygumsworth View Post
I'm constantly getting PMs from ker'rat item farmers as I prefer to hunt them down when not battling other players
Yeah, shooting the Borg gets boring after the 10-15th cube being blown up. At least with the farmers, you get a chance of listening them QQ about getting blown up in a free-fire PvP zone, or complaining about 'dishonorable' battlecloaks (despite there being nothing more honorable than victory), and so on.
Captain
# 30
12-23-2012, 12:13 AM
Thanks for all your answers.

The moral of this story is that PvP and Gear/ dill hunters need to be more tolerant of each other and just enjoy the zone. There is no right or wrong way to play this.
Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo...