Career Officer
Hello, I'm more or less quickly getting close to the end of the New Romulus reputation system, and I'm wondering if the Mk XII purple Reman prototype set would be better than the Mk XI MACO I'm currently using. I was thinking about replacing my two Mk XI quantum torpedos with the Omega and Hyper Plasma launchers to take advantage of the Reman set bonus and get the first ones of the sets with the consoles. My ship is an Aventine-class science vessel.
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
Career Officer
# 2
12-22-2012, 12:52 AM
Really? 71 people have read this and no one has an opinion? I thought this was the Internet.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
Captain
# 3
12-22-2012, 01:07 AM
More puzzled by Omega and Hyper-Plasma launchers on the same ship. Fore and aft, or both together as a torp boat?

Honestly I doubt many people even HAVE the Reman-12 set as pre-S7 it was a pain to get and generally considered inferior to the STF sets. Looking up the stats on the wiki, seems like the Reman engines might be nice for their turn rate and a small defense bonus, the deflector might have some use on a sci ship but seems kinda meh, but the shield is little better than a normal Covariant. Maybe go Reman-11 Deflector and Engines (save yourself 20k dilithium and only lose 1-2 points in Graviton Generators and Subspace Decompiler; probably never notice the difference), get the 2-piece bonus for your plasma torps, then use your MACO-11 shield? Its a thought.
Career Officer
# 4
12-22-2012, 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
More puzzled by Omega and Hyper-Plasma launchers on the same ship. Fore and aft, or both together as a torp boat?
Omega fore, hyper-plasma aft was the plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
Honestly I doubt many people even HAVE the Reman-12 set as pre-S7 it was a pain to get and generally considered inferior to the STF sets. Looking up the stats on the wiki, seems like the Reman engines might be nice for their turn rate and a small defense bonus, the deflector might have some use on a sci ship but seems kinda meh, but the shield is little better than a normal Covariant. Maybe go Reman-11 Deflector and Engines (save yourself 20k dilithium and only lose 1-2 points in Graviton Generators and Subspace Decompiler; probably never notice the difference), get the 2-piece bonus for your plasma torps, then use your MACO-11 shield? Its a thought.
Well, that's another thing, the MACO deflector really boosts skills I use (even though they are mostly passives that increase shield and hull strength so maybe a non-issue with the covariant shields) while the Reman one would be completely useless to me except for the fact that it would grant the 3-piece set-bonus which would allow me to massively overheal my shields. Of course in comparison to MACO I would take double the bleedthrough damage. Then again the 2-piece set bonus boosts plasma torpedoes and with the Omega and Hyper-plasma launchers I would also get Omega weapon amplifier and bonus on the plasma fire damage. Heck, if I go nuts I could decide to get the Mk XII Romulan plasma weapons too for the 3 piece set bonus of the Romulan weapon set.... What I would really miss is the asynchronous warp field
Captain
# 5
12-23-2012, 02:22 AM
Stick with maco, the reman set has tons of issues. The 3 piece isn't even any good.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?p=6316591

I don't advocate fore and aft torpedoes on any boat, except for maybe a particular PVP build. And the omega doesn't play nice with other torpedoes in my experience.

Last edited by xantris; 12-23-2012 at 02:26 AM.
Lieutenant
# 6
12-23-2012, 09:57 AM
I have both torp fore with 3xPWO doff to reduce cooldown, i pretty much get a constant stream of plasma torps, almost at tier 5 but the reman set looks interesting i'll post feedback once i tested it out