Former PWE Community Team Lead
This week's spotlighted mission is "First Cause, Then Effect" by RogueEnterprise. Read more to learn about this incredible player-made mission.

Click here to read more.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 2
12-21-2012, 07:26 PM
This was one of the first Foundry missions I ever played, and it's still one of the best. I've played it again on my first alt, and now I'll take the time to play it on my second. RogueEnterprise is one of the best authors out there!

This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
Captain
# 3
12-21-2012, 09:26 PM
Just played through the mission (first time for me). Was really well done, and a nice homage to one of my favorite TNG episodes. My only issue, is that I would've preferred seeing more than 1 deck on the transport (bridge and transporter room on Deck 1, Shuttlebay, Crew Quarters, Mess Hall and Engineering on Deck 2).

I'm confused about these "Spotlight Missions". Wasn't the whole idea of the revamped Journal, to provide additional incentives to spotlighted missions? I ran this mission, and had the "Investigate Officer Reports" mission accepted. Upon completion, I got exactly the same rewards as usual. No bonus. Any idea, Mr BranFlakes?
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 4
12-21-2012, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
I'm confused about these "Spotlight Missions". Wasn't the whole idea of the revamped Journal, to provide additional incentives to spotlighted missions? I ran this mission, and had the "Investigate Officer Reports" mission accepted. Upon completion, I got exactly the same rewards as usual. No bonus. Any idea, Mr BranFlakes?
The spotlight missions you'll be seeing are spotlighted because they are among the best, and will typically qualify for the IOR repeatable. Having them in on the journal front page allows players to easily accept them, as well as easy access to past spotlights (we'll be adding past missions in during the coming weeks). Also, in the very near future, we'll be adding special, extra rewards for completing the spotlight missions (I think it will be a daily). This was in testing on Tribble pre-Season 7 but did not go live due to a few bugs. Once those are worked out, you'll see them available on Holodeck.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 5
12-22-2012, 08:40 AM
I love this mission. As said by others, it was one of the first foundry missions that got me into playing them.

Looking forward to the spotlight rewards coming, will be good to replay it again.
Career Officer
# 6
12-22-2012, 07:08 PM
Really enjoyable mission. I hadn't ever played it before so was glad it came up on here. I've now recommended it to all of my friends. Great story and fun to play.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs.
Take one down, patch it around.
127 little bugs in the code...
Captain
# 7
12-22-2012, 07:20 PM
Seriously, this mission wouldn't be out of place in the Klingon War story missions! It's that good.

This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
12-23-2012, 07:19 PM
Hey guys, author here... thanks so much for the nice comments about my mission! Glad it's getting this kind of feedback from forumites. I realize it's not perfect but I tried to do some crazy stuff and I think in general it seems to be going over well. So thanks again!
Captain
# 9
12-23-2012, 09:28 PM
I played a bunch of Foundries today, but somehow forgot to check out the spotlight. I'll play through it tomorrow.

On, and congrats!
Please fix the Foundry lag!
Commander
# 10
12-24-2012, 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogueeenterprise View Post
Hey guys, author here... thanks so much for the nice comments about my mission! Glad it's getting this kind of feedback from forumites. I realize it's not perfect but I tried to do some crazy stuff and I think in general it seems to be going over well. So thanks again!
Hoi, I played your mission yesterday and it really is an awesome mission :-)

It is better than some missions from Cryptic