Career Officer
# 1 Map Static
12-21-2012, 05:54 PM
So, I've been going through Foundry assets for a while now and I can't find what I'm looking for, but that might be because it doesn't exist. I can't remember if I saw it way back or not, but if anyone else knows for sure it would be a great help.

I'm wondering if we can get the static effect on the minimap like we get in some nebulas in-game and in the Fleet Starbase defense ground mission. If it's there what's it called? If not (and I think this is more likely) why not? Does anyone agree it should be in there?

Just wanted to make sure it wasn't actually there and it's not just that I'm completely incompetent.

Thanks,

-XA
Check out my Foundry Missions: Click Here!
Career Officer
# 2
12-21-2012, 05:57 PM
It is in the Foundry, but I think it's only in Space. Look up "FX" under details

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Captain
# 3
12-22-2012, 07:35 AM
Space only for the static. The ability to shut-off the mini-map would be a nice feature however.
Rihannsu
# 4
12-22-2012, 07:41 AM
you can effectively disable the map though. Just put a bunch of those building foundation peices in the sky above the actual map. The catch of course is that if you look up you'll see them.... I'm not sure how the game would handle it if they disappeared on a trigger of some sort.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 5
12-22-2012, 09:29 AM
I thought I'd seen it in there, but it's too bad it's only usable on space maps. Hopefully they'll add a similar feature for ground maps in the future.

Putting the foundation blocks in the sky is a great idea, I think I'll give it a try.

Thanks to you all for your help,

-XA
Check out my Foundry Missions: Click Here!