Lieutenant
# 1 An Idea on player made ships
01-04-2013, 03:06 AM
This is something that I've been mulling over in my head for a while. The player base really seemed to enjoy the Enterprise-F contest and it gave the fandom the rare chance to see a fan made ship canonized. Why not do it again? Star Trek is a big universe, surely there's more room for ships.

My idea is as such: Hold a contest similar to this at least every 3 months to 6 months where players and fans submit their art, drawing, or 3d renderings of their own ships into the game. The difference between this running contest and the previous one would be that these ships could be for any faction, any race, and of any type. Submitted drawings are posted up for players to vote on and similarly to the Enterprise contest the top 10/20 are picked and are voted on once again. Needless to say, the winning ship is put into the game. In addition, ships that are not chosen are not removed from the running to be picked for the game, the votes are simply reset, the winning ship removed from the list, and the contest run again for the next ship.

Of course, to prevent ships from being poached from other artists on the internet the submitted designs must be original.
Captain
# 2
01-04-2013, 03:27 AM
And let people form outside the US take part.
Delta Rising is the best ex... oh sod it, I just want my Jupiter and Typhoon

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.
JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it!
Unofficial Bortasq' Uniform colour guide here.