Career Officer
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 117
# 11
12-22-2012, 01:19 PM
Can we at the very least make it so that Romulan Marks, and maybe even Fleet Marks too are as stupidly easy to get as Omega Marks?

I know we can get lots of fleet marks through the Doff system and lots of Romulan Marks by raising Epohhs, but in 3 hours it's possible to get over 500 Omega marks. This is not true of the other two. This essentially means that the Romulan dilithium projects and the gear available through the Romulan Rep system costs (in terms of time and effort) a lot more than the Omega gear and this is not reflected in its usefulness. This should be fixed one way or another.

And yes, I agree, either half the Dilithium requirement of the Special Projects or increase the daily refinement cap to 12-16k.

Last edited by redsoniavrel; 12-22-2012 at 01:21 PM.
Ensign
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1
# 12
12-22-2012, 01:24 PM
I am after the whole day so exhausted and therefore I need relax, so I am for Lenyx?s suggest.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,489
# 13
12-22-2012, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krajkhour View Post
I havent whole day to doing reputation. I am working adult man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthtimmycz View Post
you sit there all day and doing rep points? I go to work and want to relax at the game. Not in the mood to continue to do the same mission over and over.

DarthTimmy

Okay, so, how long did it take you to do anything worthwhile in this game? How long did it take you to reach level 50? I suppose your ship started out with the best of all equipment too, and you didn't have to wait or work for it? How long did it take to max out on a Commendation? Heck I've been playing for months and I've yet to reach maximum rank in all my commendations.

My point is that reputation is meant to be something that takes a while, just like the other forms of progression. Reputation is an avenue to some of the coolest equipment in the game, and all it takes is one mission a day and some EC to buy commodities to get there as quickly as it's possible to get there. Don't want to play a single romulan and STF mission per day to max out your reputation gains? Then don't! Play a mission once a week, it won't make any difference to the quality of gear you get out of it.

STF missions give you 90 marks, which is more than enough to do reputation projects for the day. If you get the optional objective (+15), that is enough to do two days of reputation projects. And the Romulan sector patrol gives 60 marks, which is again more than enough. "Mine Trap" will generally give you enough if you do it during the reputation bonus time. Don't like combat? Then tag some epohhs and raise them. An elder epohh is worth 400 marks! That's 8 days worth of reputation projects for 3 days of doff assignments and about five minutes of your time!

Seriously. Getting marks is easy. I think the amount of time required to advance in reputation is very reasonable considering the benefits, especially when compared to the frustration of getting item sets before Season 7.
Ensign
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1
Coolest Equipment for what?

...for the same boring missions?
and in the same enviroment?

This game is short term game, I love Star Trek, but this game is my greatest game disappointment! Unfortunately ...

With every patch I eagerly expecting something revolutionary that will change the game. And still nothing...
Ensign
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 4
# 15
12-22-2012, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
Okay, so, how long did it take you to do anything worthwhile in this game? How long did it take you to reach level 50? I suppose your ship started out with the best of all equipment too, and you didn't have to wait or work for it? How long did it take to max out on a Commendation? Heck I've been playing for months and I've yet to reach maximum rank in all my commendations.

My point is that reputation is meant to be something that takes a while, just like the other forms of progression. Reputation is an avenue to some of the coolest equipment in the game, and all it takes is one mission a day and some EC to buy commodities to get there as quickly as it's possible to get there. Don't want to play a single romulan and STF mission per day to max out your reputation gains? Then don't! Play a mission once a week, it won't make any difference to the quality of gear you get out of it.

STF missions give you 90 marks, which is more than enough to do reputation projects for the day. If you get the optional objective (+15), that is enough to do two days of reputation projects. And the Romulan sector patrol gives 60 marks, which is again more than enough. "Mine Trap" will generally give you enough if you do it during the reputation bonus time. Don't like combat? Then tag some epohhs and raise them. An elder epohh is worth 400 marks! That's 8 days worth of reputation projects for 3 days of doff assignments and about five minutes of your time!

Seriously. Getting marks is easy. I think the amount of time required to advance in reputation is very reasonable considering the benefits, especially when compared to the frustration of getting item sets before Season 7.
50 lvl is 21 days.
I agree with you that the reputation must be earned. This should get permanent bonuses but not the equipment. Equipment is not the best in the game. Mostly new players are discriminated against by the players who won it easier manner. It is very unbalanced. Do not count MARKS. Only time to get equipment.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,489
# 16
12-22-2012, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthtimmycz View Post
Mostly new players are discriminated against by the players who won it easier manner. It is very unbalanced. Do not count MARKS. Only time to get equipment.
"Easier manner"? How many times have you played through cure ground elite just to have about a 1 in 50 chance of the boss dropping one of the set pieces? (Multiply by 3 for a set, or 6 for both a space and ground set)

Old system was frustrating as hell. It made it easier to get *weapons* since prototype salvage could be awarded for any of the missions. But putting together a set? No. Especially if you didn't have a fleet of good players to play with you, so that half of the missions just failed outright and wasted your time because nobody knows what they are supposed to do and they are impervious to instruction from experienced players.

New system is: play a little bit each day on any mission you want (i.e. the easy ones) making steady and measurable progress until you can outright buy the thing you want. Weapons got more time-expensive, set items got an order of magnitude less time-expensive, so it works out.

I must maintain that in my opinion the changes are very fair and reasonable. Though, I am interested to note that everybody saying too marks are required is a new player.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,060
# 17
12-22-2012, 04:47 PM
I agree with Momaw's point. But I do think a mild reduction in fleet-based dilithium sinks might help swing the exchange costs to somewhere between the two extremes it's been at.

Not that I mind spending a couple of days gathering dilithium in the least effort-needed way and then buying something in the Zen store. But it's important to a lot of people.
_________________
Nebula coffee is the best coffee
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,206
# 18
12-22-2012, 08:34 PM
I agree with the idea for changing Dil sinks in the Fleet projects. What really bugs me, is that since Dilithium was first introduced, every few months they add another sink for it, but they don't match the new demand with increased availability/refining limits.

Somebody should give them a crash course in economics as it's really not a surprise the market has crashed so bad.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
Problem with your power tray? Try this, it worked for several of my characters.
BRING BACK ENDGAME FOR THE 'NON DPS CHAMPIONS'!!!!
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,060
# 19
12-22-2012, 09:15 PM
Quote:
Somebody should give them a crash course in economics as it's really not a surprise the market has crashed so bad.
"Lesson 1: This Is What Happens When You Listen To Milton Friedman! Thank God This is Just a Game or Else We'd Be Killing Each Other For Canned Soup."
_________________
Nebula coffee is the best coffee
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 20
12-22-2012, 09:21 PM
Um. No. Fleets are supposed to be 25 man or more. Sooooo yeah. This cost is supposed to be divided among that many people. So let's do some math. 200,000 divided by 25 is 8000. Hm. 8000. Such a hardship.

Your point is moot.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:22 AM.