Career Officer
# 41
01-01-2013, 11:25 AM
Petition hereby signed.

Sincerely Yours,
Vice-Admiral Kerayz
Vice Admiral Kerayz of the Federation of Misfits.
Career Officer
# 42
01-01-2013, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by riddickczech View Post
hmm comunitation array III --- 324000D, upgrade starbase III 648000 dilithia. This is very little dilithium and 10800 fleetmark. Very very best. I look forward to starbase Tier IV. Millions of dilithium and thousands FM.
Yeah, our fleet discussed these prices and have decided to call it at tier 3. It's a drain and a half getting that far, the projects for tiers 4 and 5 are just ridiculous. Shame that we'll never get the fleet ships we want, but what can you do eh.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs.
Take one down, patch it around.
127 little bugs in the code...
Lieutenant
# 43
01-01-2013, 11:13 PM
Ok where o where to start

Dili costs overall are beyond a joke which is why the dilli markets crashed , Now some say about CO to compares to STO forgetting that in CO your "fleet" don't need to have millions upon millions of dilli for fleet projects and 100s of thousands for personal unlocks.

To the people moaning about old stf being random , yes they were but after 5 elites you could afford a basic [Borg] weapon or after 8 elites afford the whole borg ship set. Now? you couldn't get a [Borg] item that easily.

Given the ridiculous costs to dilli ingame now they either need to up the rate to 12-15k instead of 8k OR reduce the dilli required by around 40%-50%
Career Officer
# 44
01-02-2013, 04:58 AM
I'll post here what I put on the Dil Re-Run announcement:

Quote:
I'm sure I read something about Project Re-runs would be reduced in cost. I run a small fleet, of 20-30 members with up to 10 that are regularly on at some point. Yes the projects are achievable, but at a cost. 200k Dilithium for a pretty starbase seems a bit excessive, we've still got quite a few projects to complete for the special ones and at the same time we're trying to push our way through the starbase tiers. They could replace the dilithium requirement with Starbase Provisions (like the embassy ones), whether they make it 5000 or 10000, I dont mind, it would be more achievable at least. I think the introduction of dilithium was one of the worst ideas in STO. All this one currency game idea seems to have flown out the window. It just doesn't feel very Trek to be paying out all this dilithium all the time, it's not a currency. Federation isn't suppose to use money anyway, how about focusing on having the requirements based on the commodities or just lowering the cost of the special projects based on fleet size. I still think a cosmetic upgrade should not fall into the same costs as end game gear, I'm sorry but if all something does is look pretty, it shouldn't be worthy having to spend dilithium on it when we can only refine 8k a day.
Cryptic say they've looked at the scaling system and people would take advantage of it if projects were scaled to fleet size. I've looked at this and it could be done in a way that would make it harder for people to take advantage of. All you would have to do is put in a really long time delay for when the size of a fleet gets reduced below a certain threshold. Say 1-2 weeks for the project requirements to get reduced based on unique account names in a fleet and not actual characters.

The whole dilithium system just seems to have gotten silly, yes I can make more than the 8k a day and I wouldn't want everything handed to me on a silver platter, at the same time I don't think smaller groups should be punished. Of course it should get tougher as you get closer to your goal, but not so tough for a small group that you start thinking, "Why bother?". Even with the new ways to earn dilithium, some things seem unachievable at times. I'm sure Cryptic are listening to someone from WoW suggesting how to change their game, cause I use to earn my dilithium with DoFFs and upgrading them at the Academy, then they increased the cost by ALOT. I play this game for the social aspect and to escape from the stress of RL - Alot of my fleet members are either married, have kids or in full time work. We won't quit at getting through the projects, but it can get very disheartening at times.

"We're doing it wrong, but it's working...."
Empire Veteran
# 45
01-02-2013, 03:47 PM
This has been bugging me for a bit.
I like the rep system, just like I like the fleet advancement system.
Good and bad on both, but mostly good... I think.

One thing I find insulting though, is to require dilithium more than once for the same item.
(adv fleet weapons=Dil for provisions->Dil for the weapon on TOP of fleet credits).

One constant for both Fleet and Rep, is the obscene dilithium requirements.

Rep costs are really just a drop in the bucket compared to special projects. And two of them at a time, to boot. (Fleet+Embassy).

All that said, from a business standpoint, it makes sense that they are trying to get us to burn all of our dilithium.
If we are throwing it all into projects/rep/items, then we have none left to buy zen with.
If we have no dil to buy zen with, then we must buy Zen with real money.
And if we need more dil? We CAN buy zen with real money, then sell it on the dil exchange... for ever lowering prices. (less return for your Z).
Both instances are win-win for PWE, and lose-lose for us.

But I think they need to find a happy medium between profitability and having some semblance of respect for their customers to at LEAST pretend they're not fu... *ahem* milking us rather, for all we're worth.

In conclusion:
The dilithium costs are... well, you know.
-------------------------
It's me, Chrome. [Join Date: May 2009]

"Oh, I may be captain by rank... but I never wanted to be anything else but an engineer." ~Montgomery Scott~
Commander
# 46
01-02-2013, 04:06 PM
I understand this is difficult for all.
Cryptic wants this whole thing to keep people busy for as long as possible and drain as many ressources as possible, same for the Reputation system.
Of course these methods are fairly brutal, but when we had high project times on Reputation people went nuts aswell.
Requirements can be low only in either time or cost - not both, because everybody would be finished very quickly.

Either way Cryptic could handle it would make people angry, so they went with the way that earns more money.
Republic Veteran
# 47
01-02-2013, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofkahless View Post
This has been bugging me for a bit.
I like the rep system, just like I like the fleet advancement system.
Good and bad on both, but mostly good... I think.

One thing I find insulting though, is to require dilithium more than once for the same item.
(adv fleet weapons=Dil for provisions->Dil for the weapon on TOP of fleet credits).

One constant for both Fleet and Rep, is the obscene dilithium requirements.

Rep costs are really just a drop in the bucket compared to special projects. And two of them at a time, to boot. (Fleet+Embassy).

All that said, from a business standpoint, it makes sense that they are trying to get us to burn all of our dilithium.
If we are throwing it all into projects/rep/items, then we have none left to buy zen with.
If we have no dil to buy zen with, then we must buy Zen with real money.
And if we need more dil? We CAN buy zen with real money, then sell it on the dil exchange... for ever lowering prices. (less return for your Z).
Both instances are win-win for PWE, and lose-lose for us.

But I think they need to find a happy medium between profitability and having some semblance of respect for their customers to at LEAST pretend they're not fu... *ahem* milking us rather, for all we're worth.

In conclusion:
The dilithium costs are... well, you know.
Everything you say makes perfect sense. Also, your avatar is awesome.
Ensign
# 48
01-03-2013, 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
This thread was made by someone who is an instant gratification and lazy player.

Allow me to remind you guys of a few things. Fleets are designed to have 25+ active members. Also, starbases are not supposed to be fast. They are designed to take a long time, and be a long term investment.

So please, stop doing this instant gratification and laziness bull crap. It's sickening and pathetic.
And this thread was made by developer STO or player rent by STO or a man who does not work and the whole day playing games - STO. And who said how much players must be active per fleet? (Btw, this sentence revealed you from STO collaboration) And one more thing: many players - people after reaching lvl 50 dont log-in to the STO. This is big problem. Because there is no one thing does (that) hold them.
Ensign
# 49
01-03-2013, 01:13 PM
648.000 for upgrade on tier III, 324.000 for upgrade shipyard, 324.000 for upgrade fabricator (ENG), 450.000 for upgrade transwarp conduit and 324.000 for upgrade comunitation array. Altogether 2,070,000 dilithium. Plus embassy, reputation store, fleetbase store and other.
This is outrageous!!!
Ensign
# 50 i have to agree
01-03-2013, 02:49 PM
i have few active members in fleet, and we are not posible to donate so much dill, after price at exchange rapidly drop.