Captain
# 1 Romulan t5 space set
12-22-2012, 06:52 PM
The New Romulan t5 space set sucks. It just a clone of the reman set with a handful of inconsequential stat changes. I hope it's currently just a placeholder, cause it reeks of halfassedness
Lieutenant
# 2
12-22-2012, 10:24 PM
give more feedback why does is suck and be specific.
Captain
# 3
12-23-2012, 12:53 AM
I wouldn't have used these harsh words to describe this issue, but yeah ... the Romulan Space Set is very disappointing in its current form. It's a direct copy of the already well known Reman Set save for a single minor stat change per item and its set bonuses are exactly the same: Speedbonus for plasmatorpedos and covariant shield cells.

Considering even the item description are a copy & and paste from the Reman Set (and actually even speak of a Reman Set despite it being Romulan) I do hope that the release on tribble is just an accidental placeholder.
Captain
# 4
12-23-2012, 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bghost View Post
give more feedback why does is suck and be specific.
There is already a thread on why the Reman set sucks on multiple levels, and it transfers fantastically to the Romulan set for obvious reasons. It does not compete with the other endgame sets, it's totally inferior.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?p=6316591

Of course, I already explained why the Romulan set sucks regardless of how bad the reman set does. It's a copy paste of the Reman set. Which is incredibly lazy and halfassed for one of the premium T5 rewards for the Romulan Reputation. Like I said, I'm just hoping its a placeholder, because its pretty disappointing to think they would consider this acceptable.

Last edited by xantris; 12-23-2012 at 01:17 AM.
Commander
# 5
12-27-2012, 05:00 PM
I've been thinking about this space set for weeks. I was going to get to see what stats it had this weekend. I decided to "cheat" by going on the test server to see it. Boy, I can't describe what I think of this space set but I'll try...

For starters I'm really hoping that what I saw is not going to be the final product. Maybe someone forgot to finish it. Whatever. But if it is the final intended product...

Let's just say, wow what a halfassed lazy job. Maybe I was expecting too much, but whatever I was expecting for was nothing like what I'm seeing. Much of my disappointment is with the set bonuses. The stat differences aren't all that different but I could live with them. But the set bonus? Really? No one could be bothered to work on this? Seemed like an opportune time to give a set bonus 30% to plasma projectile damage with a second bonus being a fully functional cloaking device(harrr I like to daydream) or maybe something like cloaking but gimpy, only can be used every so often sort of deal or whatever, but I don't mean that mask energy field business nor do I want it. That already exists for a set. I want something different.

But instead we get a copy/paste job with a few stats changed. Awesome. I think the appearance of it is different from reman at the very least but that is rather meaningless imho when stats were mostly copy/pasted.

Lastly, what's the problem here? Was it lazy, halfassed work? Was it forgot about? Or did someone imagine some kind of a problem with a romulan space set having it's own unique romulan-ish perks along with the other romulan space set? Did someone forget to give the stat designer his paycheck and he walked out? Are you hiding the final product because it smells of awesome and you don't want to spoil the surprise? I don't understaaaaand.
Captain
# 6
12-28-2012, 02:01 AM
An innate cloak seems a bit overpowered and I doubt feds will ever get one which isn't basically a short mask energy field. Still, this set could have been so much more interesting, but instead we get a copy of an already existing set.

Why not give it a plasma damage bonus or an increase of duration/damage of plasma DoT's for a two-piece set bonus? At least this would be something new and is not already in another set in this game.

Also we need visuals for the deflector and the engine. I would find it fitting if the latter would paint the nacelles of a starship in a light blue/green, exactly how they are on a Romulan ship.
Captain
# 7
12-28-2012, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by romuzarii View Post

Lastly, what's the problem here? Was it lazy, halfassed work?
Have you looked at the rest of the reputation rewards that do the exact same thing? (copied and pasted from other items, unfinished work passed off as completed content, horribly bugged and untested crap, etc.)

Bort flat out admitted they pushed the entire system out unfinished, and hoped to be able to fix it before nobody noticed.
Commander
# 8
12-29-2012, 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
Bort flat out admitted they pushed the entire system out unfinished, and hoped to be able to fix it before nobody noticed.
In their defence if people hadn't bitched and moaned that it took too long, forcing the devs to half the amount of time it took to complete the rep system, they may well have had a lot of it fixed before people noticed.
Captain
# 9
12-29-2012, 12:22 PM
I suspected this set would not be worthwhile. Well that decides it, not wasting time with romulan rep anymore at all. No point in going past t2 for the nice passive and console really, plasma energy weapons, plasma torps, and reman and rom set all junk, not worth the effort. Glad I adopted a wait and see aproach with romulan rep and took my time with it.
Captain
# 10
12-29-2012, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerkorhil View Post
In their defence if people hadn't bitched and moaned that it took too long, forcing the devs to half the amount of time it took to complete the rep system, they may well have had a lot of it fixed before people noticed.
So because Cryptic changed something to accelerate the progression, it's not their fault for pushing an unfinished, incomplete, bug-ridden mess to live and passing it off as a finished product?

The reputation system was one of the defining features of season 7. Instead of actually taking their time and getting it right (and by right I mean finished, bug-free, etc.) they rushed it out. And now we have to deal with them saying "You remember that thing we sold you on S7 with? Yeah...we completely lied about most of it".

Last edited by stirling191; 12-29-2012 at 04:13 PM.