Captain
What's the low down on your med sized to small starbase dreams? Have they come to a "grinding" Halt?

I think Cryptic said they based the starbase on the avg fleet size of 25

So how does this Starbase system that the designed treat the Avg fleet that it was based around?
Captain
# 2
12-11-2012, 12:38 PM
If a mod could change that title from "you" to "your" it would be great. Thx.
Career Officer
# 3
12-11-2012, 12:52 PM
Pretty much yes, we had 8 dedicated players who were on every weekend in Season 6.

Now it's just me :/
Captain
# 4
12-11-2012, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
Pretty much yes, we had 8 dedicated players who were on every weekend in Season 6.

So your small fleet is for all intents and purposes - finished as a viable fleet/base progression?
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-11-2012, 12:58 PM
Yup.

Mines will be getting mothballed shortly at Tier II. Then i'll have to look for a new home with my four active characters. The remaining alt army will stay with the sinking ship.
Career Officer
# 6
12-11-2012, 01:04 PM
Only because it's back-to-school season for a lot of the college-going and high school members of my fleets. We were trucking along just behind the largest fleets (at least fed-side) right up until fall semesters started.

So, with that in mind, I can almost guarantee that S7 isn't the only reason small to medium fleets are slowing down right now.
Career Officer
# 7
12-11-2012, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post

Same here. We were looking forward to these when announced, only to be extremely let down once we saw what was involved. Nothing worth the effort at all.
Lieutenant
# 8
12-11-2012, 01:16 PM
We're a small fleet of about 8 pretty close and very active mature players. We have a tier 2 starbase with most of the upgrades and on the way to tier 3. The need for dilithium in everything now and the high cost of it has slowed us down considerably to a near standstill. ( a few of us would just buy the dil needed for the special projects for the fleet in the past... not now with the rates). The Klingon starbase is suffering the most but is still the coolest looking.

We're down, but not out.

btw- We are totally ignoring the useless embassies.

Last edited by selraxxx; 12-11-2012 at 01:33 PM. Reason: added embassy text
Captain
# 9
12-11-2012, 01:24 PM
It seems ironic that the starbase system was supposedly designed for fleets in the 25-person range -yet I get the feeling that they are either failing miserably or were forced to get much bigger with more drama - just to keep going.

Why were starbases see as the bees knees of the game? The must have thing? The biggest most exciting thing that everyone wanted?
Lieutenant
# 10
12-11-2012, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
It seems ironic that the starbase system was supposedly designed for fleets in the 25-person range -yet I get the feeling that they are either failing miserably or were forced to get much bigger with more drama - just to keep going.

Why were starbases see as the bees knees of the game? The must have thing? The biggest most exciting thing that everyone wanted?
I think many of us thought they would be a little more functional from the get go, ie; Bank, mail, exchange to start. Someplace to go where you could do transactions, you know...a reason for you to go there, a reason for it to exist.

To get your base semi-functional requires a massive outlay of material and time... those who have done that are reluctant to see that all go to waste so many will hold onto what they have.