Captain
# 31
12-28-2012, 10:31 PM
Without using any extra speed buffs, my best times around 1:25 - 1:26.
Captain
# 32
12-28-2012, 11:25 PM
Huh, I'll have to time my runs...

All I know is I beat the NPC of the guy starting right before me, unless I screw up.

EDIT: Oh, and the Frosted boots still make you go faster on the track while probably making it a bit more difficult to turn. Using them seems to make the run faster for me, though I may be mistaken.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!

Last edited by toiva; 12-28-2012 at 11:27 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 33
12-29-2012, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toiva View Post
Oh, and the Frosted boots still make you go faster on the track while probably making it a bit more difficult to turn. Using them seems to make the run faster for me, though I may be mistaken.

The frosted boots help on the sections of track that have snow on them. Normally the snow bits will slow you down but the Frosted Boots allow you to maintain the same speed on the snow as have on the ice sections.
Captain
# 34
12-30-2012, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jslyn View Post
The frosted boots help on the sections of track that have snow on them. Normally the snow bits will slow you down but the Frosted Boots allow you to maintain the same speed on the snow as have on the ice sections.
I think they still make you go a bit faster even on the ice. Off course that extra speeds makes the turning take longer.

Nonetheless, my first measurements would seem to indicate about 1:40. Apparently, I'm damn slow.

I'll retry with a more precise timer.

Lieutenant
# 35
01-02-2013, 09:43 PM
New best time 1 min 5 sec. If the stars align and I manage an absolutely perfect run, I might break the 1 min mark...!
Career Officer
# 36
01-02-2013, 09:44 PM
Don't know really, I'm just glad I don't have to do it anymore.
Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.
I am currently unsupervised, anyone who knows me will tell you that this will most likely lead to trouble. =3
Non stop crashing and epic lagging are helpful in telling me it's time for bed or to go outside and get a life.
Captain
# 37
01-03-2013, 04:31 PM
You got to know shortcuts I don't. Have been trying today for a fast time (already got the Grett - just kept getting off track on purpose right before the ending line) and didn't get below 1:20.

Also it went faster with the frosted boots activated.

Starfleet Veteran
# 38
01-03-2013, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toiva View Post
(already got the Grett - just kept getting off track on purpose right before the ending line)

Hey, just store those Glossys in your Bank. You will have a leg up on unlocking whatever they buy next year. Or... this year, I guess it is now.
Captain
# 39
01-04-2013, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jslyn View Post
Hey, just store those Glossys in your Bank. You will have a leg up on unlocking whatever they buy next year. Or... this year, I guess it is now.
I didn't complete it to get another attempt at it. Running without the mission obviously won't tell you if you leave the track.

Community Moderator
# 40
01-04-2013, 10:17 AM
Being of uncoordinated hand and eye, and having a sub-par chipset that keeps my visuals looking less than smooth, I don't bother to run this as fast as I can.

Every single time I have to race a competitor, I either lose or end up leaving the track by accident.

Fortunately, some races allow me to jog the track and I can manage that just fine
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek