Captain
# 41
01-04-2013, 11:50 AM
We should have a race before they close down the winter wonderland. Who's with me?
Career Officer
# 42
01-04-2013, 01:03 PM
I usually run it around 1:30, but not really setting any speed records at that.

My best run (I rarely ever time any) was when I passed the ahead NPC just before the pop up for entering the final stretch. Comparing passing other players isn't valid, as many lose .. which is sad, but the NPC is at least the same speed each time.
Career Officer
# 43
01-04-2013, 01:18 PM
Frosted boots do improve your speed a bit. When you need to turn, you can just cut them off. Their cooldown is super quick, so by the time you get yourself around the turn and lined up you can turn them back on.
Super Moderator
# 44
01-04-2013, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave85 View Post
Frosted boots do improve your speed a bit. When you need to turn, you can just cut them off. Their cooldown is super quick, so by the time you get yourself around the turn and lined up you can turn them back on.
The effect toggles? I didn't know that... Might have to consider picking up a pair...
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Career Officer
# 45
01-04-2013, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
Let's set aside the fact that you have 46 characters in a game with only 3 classes & 2 factions.

My question is what do you plan to do with 46 copies of the exact same, character bound, ship?
I'd actually like to discuss the first part. Are all 46 toons on the same account? Are they all capped? Wow... just wow. You are a one man fleet!
Career Officer
# 46
01-06-2013, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicha0 View Post
Comparing passing other players isn't valid, as many lose .. which is sad, but the NPC is at least the same speed each time.
Well, my time on this race is terrible across the board, but I can honestly say that I am (almost) always faster than the NPC.
Captain
# 47
01-07-2013, 02:52 AM
With my Ferasan, I can simply jump over most of the smaller walls without failing the mission. So with that, I can jump my way through the race in about a minute.

I successfully completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE.
My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III

Click here to view my DeviantArt.
Survivor of Romulus
# 48
01-09-2013, 07:40 PM
I've never timed myself, but I complete it without ever removing my fingers from the mouse button from the moment I hit shift. I make use of the snow banks, cutting corners, and occasionally the "slip up" mechanic to slow me down. I consistently lap the person in front of me. There is absolutely no reason to use the forward roll, ever.
=\/= ================================ =\/=
Centurion maximus92
12th Legion, Romulan Republic
12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=