Lt. Commander
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 172
# 1 Harpeng v Omega
01-04-2013, 11:32 AM
Is it just me or is the Harpeng more powerful than the Omega torpedo?
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,773
# 2
01-04-2013, 11:37 AM
I think it may be just you.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,410
# 3
01-04-2013, 11:43 AM
Hargh'peng is a powerful torpedo, but take a look at that cooldown? And did you notice how often is misses? And also that it can be cleared with hazard emitters?

Just a few things to consider.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 172
# 4
01-04-2013, 11:50 AM
SO which is the best type of torpedo in terms of the speed of a kill? Will the Omega torpedo launcher kill the enemy faster than the Harpeng? Will the Romulan Hyper launcher kill the enemy faster than the Omega? Which is better for an Odyssey Tactical? This would be so much easier if they just posted the damn stats so I could compare them.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 333
# 5
01-04-2013, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp26 View Post
SO which is the best type of torpedo in terms of the speed of a kill? Will the Omega torpedo launcher kill the enemy faster than the Harpeng? Will the Romulan Hyper launcher kill the enemy faster than the Omega? Which is better for an Odyssey Tactical? This would be so much easier if they just posted the damn stats so I could compare them.
Stats will scale with your skills, in addition the harpeng isn't affected by thy or ts(which is why i hate seeing it on escorts in place of a quantum)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 172
# 6
01-04-2013, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emperordeslok View Post
Stats will scale with your skills, in addition the harpeng isn't affected by thy or ts(which is why i hate seeing it on escorts in place of a quantum)
So is the Quantum better than the Harpeng? And is the Omega better than a Quantum? And is the Romulan Hyper better than the Omega? I can only play for so long every day and only gather so many marks and dil. I need to know what to invest in. Quantum? Omega? Romulan? Which one?
Lieutenant
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 96
# 7
01-04-2013, 12:14 PM
If you're not specced for torpedoes and you don't use any torpedo abilities, HarPeng is great. The base damage is good with an effective proc. Thats why I recommend it for scis who don't want to go all energy.
You can use the space you didn't use for Torpedo Spread or High Yield for something else. This is especially helpful on a science build who may want to use TT, FAW, ATP:B and or skip tac all together.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 172
# 8
01-04-2013, 12:31 PM
It's a Tactical Odyssey. What goes best with one of those?
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,289
# 9
01-04-2013, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
I think it may be just you.
^^^^ This ^^^^
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,628
# 10
01-04-2013, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp26 View Post
It's a Tactical Odyssey. What goes best with one of those?
I use Quantum since I have purple Doffs and can actually use then on a regular basis.

It only matters if you are skilled on then or not, Hargh'peng are only useful if you have no points on projectile weapons and no Torpedo abilities otherwise they are pointless since HY and TS dont work on them.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:37 AM.