Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,305
# 81
12-27-2012, 09:39 AM
The K'Vort needs to be a hybrid escort, that is developed according to the mechanics of the game and not the literary fallacy of a paperback.

The KDF needs escorts. I am not going to emphasize this again.

If we end up with another cruiser of any configuration, I have absolutely no cause to fly another battlecruiser.

I have three already.

I do not need a carrier. The numbers speak for themselves.

And there was a K'Vort during the Dominion Wars. It was known as the K'Vort-cha

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 12-27-2012 at 09:44 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 141
# 82
12-27-2012, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
[snip]And there was a K'Vort during the Dominion Wars. It was known as the K'Vort-cha
That ship looks badass and I want
Lynis, Orion Engineer, main
Rrezeth, Gorn Tactical, primary alt
Nari, Orion Science, secondary alt
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,274
# 83
12-27-2012, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
The K'Vort needs to be a hybrid escort, that is developed according to the mechanics of the game and not the literary fallacy of a paperback.

The KDF needs escorts. I am not going to emphasize this again.

If we end up with another cruiser of any configuration, I have absolutely no cause to fly another battlecruiser.

I have three already.

I do not need a carrier. The numbers speak for themselves.

And there was a K'Vort during the Dominion Wars. It was known as the K'Vort-cha
Now, THAT ship looks like a cruiser. or maybe a Raptor's Meaner Brother.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."

I play KDF, because being a genocidal maniac works better with Klingons, than explaining it as a member of Starfleet.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,628
# 84
12-27-2012, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
And there was a K'Vort during the Dominion Wars. It was known as the K'Vort-cha
That isnt one.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/IKS_Koraga

Also Dominions Wars is another game, Cryptic stated again and again they cannot use ships from other games, you are not going to get your K'vork-chan.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,273
# 85
12-27-2012, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
The K'Vort needs to be a hybrid escort, that is developed according to the mechanics of the game and not the literary fallacy of a paperback.

The KDF needs escorts. I am not going to emphasize this again.

If we end up with another cruiser of any configuration, I have absolutely no cause to fly another battlecruiser.

I have three already.

I do not need a carrier. The numbers speak for themselves.

And there was a K'Vort during the Dominion Wars. It was known as the K'Vort-cha
Agreed. We need escorts. We need more escorts so we have more selection regarding boff layouts, without having to resort to using a BoP as a stand-in 'escort', when it's not that strong.

We need escorts with a sci bias, like the MVAM and whatnot. We need a 5-tac console escort. . .make it expensive, I don't care, just give us the option for one beyond the JHAS.

It's either that, or buff the BoPs (more hull, etc) and scrap the Raptors like the failed class they'll be.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,274
# 86
12-28-2012, 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
Agreed. We need escorts. We need more escorts so we have more selection regarding boff layouts, without having to resort to using a BoP as a stand-in 'escort', when it's not that strong.

We need escorts with a sci bias, like the MVAM and whatnot. We need a 5-tac console escort. . .make it expensive, I don't care, just give us the option for one beyond the JHAS.

It's either that, or buff the BoPs (more hull, etc) and scrap the Raptors like the failed class they'll be.
Well...we need SOMETHING. I wouldn't say necessarily fed-style Escorts-KDF SHOULD have some differences, after all, some things that make the faction uniquely it's own, with it's own direction and it's own way of doing things.

Personally, check the sig. I LIKE how the Bird of Prey works compared to Fed Escorts. May not be the most powerful, may not have the most stuff, but properly set up, it can stand up and take on anything else in the game...with a bit of cunning and luck.

as I advocated HERE-I think it should be a cross between a proper science ship, and a BoP, not to stomp anyone-hell wiht it, I don't CARE about anyone's toes-caring about people's toes is what Feddies do.

I want a ship that will make a Vesta cry futile tears of envy and fear, a ship that frightens the little defiants in their cradles, a ship that makes the Breen envious in new and interesting ways, a ship that could maybe make a Jem'Hadar want something other than his bugship, that a Ferengi D'Kora might actually run from...

But that's probably not what we're going to get. I just hope it's not another shambling zombie like the Bort.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."

I play KDF, because being a genocidal maniac works better with Klingons, than explaining it as a member of Starfleet.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 285
# 87
12-28-2012, 12:36 AM
a ka'vort class with 7 weapons slots, scencor anylase, plus a commander universal, liutantent commander univeral and 3 liutantents an ensin univeral would make for a very neat klinon escort/science hybirde while still offering enough room to have one or two engineneers onboard depending on set up.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,274
# 88
12-28-2012, 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captiandata1 View Post
a ka'vort class with 7 weapons slots, scencor anylase, plus a commander universal, liutantent commander univeral and 3 liutantents an ensin univeral would make for a very neat klinon escort/science hybirde while still offering enough room to have one or two engineneers onboard depending on set up.
what are you willing to give up to get that set-up? 7 weapons is certainly more than the Vesta's 6, and is more in line with a Kar'Fi's layout, (albeit with better turn rates if you're basing it on the Raptor).

One of the fundamental reasons I advocated the Bird of Prey as a basis, and discussed a hull strength and shield mult lower than a typical FedSci, along with a 15 turn rate (slower than most BoPs) with bird-of-prey layouts, was that it can't be claimed to be unfair by the Fed players, even WITH Sensor analysis and Subsystem targeting and four sci consoles. By the numbers, it would come out "Roughly equal to" a Vesta or Fleet science vessel-aka "Truly Tier 5" without breaking balance issues.

otoh, a full-on escort WITH integral science powers could very well be a balance issue that causes one of two things:

Power creep as Feds demand more goodies to counter the "OP Klink Science ship", or, a general nerf that hurts everyone on the KDF side (losing Battlecloak, for instance.)

The idea isn't just to "MAKE progress", it's to hold on to that progress once it's made. As my lengthy (and ultimately pointless) discussion with Wunjee earlier in this thread should make clear-whatever it is, if we want it to be more than a token to be forgotten, it's got to be saleable after the event, but it also has to be balanced against its' peers.

so what are you willing to sacrifice for a 7th weapons slot to keep the rest?
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."

I play KDF, because being a genocidal maniac works better with Klingons, than explaining it as a member of Starfleet.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 285
# 89
12-28-2012, 01:23 AM
2 enginenerring slots, 4 tactial, 3 science slots and base turn 17 on a escort/science ka'vort with 7 weapon slots
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 285
# 90
12-28-2012, 01:24 AM
when tier 6 comes out they will be even stronger and have more weapons slots with few if any compermizes
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:05 AM.