Career Officer
# 11
12-23-2012, 10:57 PM
Does the Kill Enemy Groups objective start when you reach the marker?

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Captain
# 12
12-23-2012, 11:17 PM
If you want to have dialogues come up as you reach points on the map do it with reach markers; far fewer headaches. You can also use a string of such waypoints to force the player through a certain route to reveal map objects and arrange optional combat encounters.

Something to keep in mind about Kill enemy groups objectives: The target mobs will not spawn until the objective is in progress so plan their placement on the map (in relation to where the player will be located and facing) to avoid any unappealing visual issues.
Career Officer
# 13
12-23-2012, 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane
Does the Kill Enemy Groups objective start when you reach the marker?
It isn't supposed to. It's supposed to start a pop-up dialogue then once the dialogue finishes is when the Kill Enemy Groups objective should start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajstoner View Post
If you want to have dialogues come up as you reach points on the map do it with reach markers; far fewer headaches. You can also use a string of such waypoints to force the player through a certain route to reveal map objects and arrange optional combat encounters.

Something to keep in mind about Kill enemy groups objectives: The target mobs will not spawn until the objective is in progress so plan their placement on the map (in relation to where the player will be located and facing) to avoid any unappealing visual issues.
I am keeping in mind placement for the mobs. That's actually one of the reasons I'm using the "Play Map" function - so I can make sure they're not spawning too far away from where I want them to.

I'm somewhat confused as to what you mean by "reach markers" though. Could you elaborate on what that is/how to do it? That may be the problem I'm having with using waypoints.
Captain
# 14
12-23-2012, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canis36 View Post
I'm somewhat confused as to what you mean by "reach markers" though. Could you elaborate on what that is/how to do it? That may be the problem I'm having with using waypoints.
In the "special" tab on the left for item placement there are options for reach markers, respawn points, and a couple of other things.

You place them onto the map and then set objective to "Reach Marker" in the storyboard section. When placing these markers remember that you must manually enter their radius or it defaults to zero which makes them impossibile to hit.

Use "Componant Reached" to activate objects and effects based on hitting these reach markers.
Career Officer
# 15
12-24-2012, 12:06 AM
Quote:
In the "special" tab on the left for item placement there are options for reach markers, respawn points, and a couple of other things.

You place them onto the map and then set objective to "Reach Marker" in the storyboard section. When placing these markers remember that you must manually enter their radius or it defaults to zero which makes them impossibile to hit.

Use "Componant Reached" to activate objects and effects based on hitting these reach markers.
Okay, yeah. I've done most of that, except setting the radius - which sounds like it's my problem. Thing is I went to try tweak the radius but couldn't find where to do that (Didn't know about it defaulting to zero though). Could you post a screenshot showing where the input is?
Career Officer
# 16
12-24-2012, 12:07 AM
It's at the bottom, where you set the coordinates.

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Career Officer
# 17
12-24-2012, 12:13 AM
Okay thanks. It's...way past time for me to get some sleep though so I'll be trying it out tomorrow. I'll let you guys know if it doesn't work

Edited to avoid double posting:

Turns out that it was the radius that was the problem. Thanks again for all the help.

Last edited by canis36; 12-24-2012 at 09:19 AM.
Captain
# 18
12-24-2012, 09:27 AM
Quote:

NICE, thanks. Been wondering how to force an object spawn from an NPC.

...Now if I could figure out how to 'automatically' make a mission success or fail based on an NPC surviving I'll be golden, but the above gives me an idea for a workaround.

Ya, waypoints work 'kinda' but I gotta group that doesn't always patrol, I guess it depends on how the server feels that day. I tried someone elses advice about costuming my patrolling ships but even the 'weak' NPC mobs are too powerful for my needs. I was wondering if I could make a REALLY underarmed NPC wander down an invisible corridor and still be killable from the outside instead of using these patrol waypoints. Is there a way to force an NPC mob to wander to a specific point without using patrol points ? I guess the answer is still no.

>>First attempted mission is up, called 'Supply lines'. Go trash it for me.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG

Last edited by lordmalak1; 12-24-2012 at 09:36 AM.