Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Ensign
Hey STO Players! I have a question. How many of you would like to see more Federation and Klingon mission with encore appearences from Star Trek Characters. For example a mission briefing from Adm. Janeway, Capt. LaForge, Adm. William Riker advises you on a mission in Romulan Space. Capt Chekotay. Kai Kia, Capt Dax.,Capt Data and many others.
Empire Veteran
# 2
12-24-2012, 12:25 AM
That is all well and good, but with one issue:

It costs to have actual likenesses of real people in the game.

Trust me, that'd be more than awesome to have a lot of those whom we know, show up in the game. But for the most part, those who were in the shows and such, are lesser characters: D'tan is an excellent example.

Or if they are slightly more major characters (see: Sela), then they don't really look like their actor for the same reason as mentioned above.

Captain
# 3
12-24-2012, 10:53 AM
I thought Janeway was dead in 2409.

Pretty sure her death is mentioned somewhere.
Ensign
# 4 Guest characters
12-26-2012, 09:30 PM
I think Adm janeway is still living in 2409 because of the new timeline she setup when she went back in time.
Lieutenant
# 5
12-26-2012, 10:45 PM
she dies in 1 book then is brought back in another one. Check out Priority one podcast one of their suplimental has an interview with a Voyager book writer and she talks about it.

Sirenbane@dlmystic Founder of the Dominion-X
Sirensong@dlmystic LG of the Guardians of Stovkor
Career Officer
# 6
12-27-2012, 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlmystic View Post
she dies in 1 book then is brought back in another one. Check out Priority one podcast one of their suplimental has an interview with a Voyager book writer and she talks about it.
Ugh, book "lore".

I prefer straight out fanfiction, it tends to respect the universe more.
Commander
# 7
12-27-2012, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyranger1414 View Post
Ugh, book "lore".

I prefer straight out fanfiction, it tends to respect the universe more.
I know, right? They take what JJ Abrams has done to the series and make it look like something mildly respective of the franchise.

As far as characters from the main series' appearing... it'd be nice, but not likely. As far as I know, Michael Dorn is the only one who's given clearance to Cryptic outside of Leonard Nemoy for his voice work. But don't quote me on that.

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403
Captain
# 8
12-27-2012, 12:28 AM
Its been decades since the TNG-era shows, and even the future of 'All Good Things' is over a decade in our characters' past. Even the younger guys like Harry Kim and Nog would be in like their 50s or 60s by 2409. Most of the older characters are likely retired by now, and those that aren't are in senior positions now and probably don't see a lot of field work. We're in a different era now.
Lieutenant
# 9
12-27-2012, 06:41 AM
I'd rather have one huge story arc than special guest appearances
Captain
# 10
12-27-2012, 12:33 PM
I would like to see Cryptic hire some of these folk to do voice over work as well. Sure, Shatner and Stewart would charge you a king's ransome but both of their characters are dead.