Starfleet Veteran
# 31
12-24-2012, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
What if Cryptic just made PvP content like it's PvE content?
They can't because PVE content drives in revenue so the main focus is PVE and not PVP.
Lifetime - Joined 2008 - U.S.S. Kilimanjaro - Inner Circle
Commander
# 32
12-24-2012, 07:44 PM
well if the devs want more money and all that jazz they would have to fix pvp and make it more then what it is now, so they can lure in more of those type of players that love pvp.
to me the current state of pvp is not all that appealing to me, and since the devs refuse to make it faction vs faction open pvp, could atleast allow fleets to fight for ownership over the planets lol.

but thats just me. still have high hope for pvp in this game.
Republic Veteran
# 33
12-24-2012, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
What happened to "build it and they will come"?
And what happens if Cryptic just builds it and they don't come?

Right or wrong, PvP is a big risk for them. They can invest a lot of time and resources and money into the system, but at what potential cost if it doesn't actually drive up PvP player numbers, and if there is no discernible revenue stream from it?
Starfleet Veteran
# 34
12-24-2012, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reximuz View Post
And what happens if Cryptic just builds it and they don't come?

Right or wrong, PvP is a big risk for them. They can invest a lot of time and resources and money into the system, but at what potential cost if it doesn't actually drive up PvP player numbers, and if there is no discernible revenue stream from it?
That is exactly what I meant with my first post as that PVE is the stream of revenue for Cryptic, not PVP.
Lifetime - Joined 2008 - U.S.S. Kilimanjaro - Inner Circle
Captain
# 35
12-24-2012, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by koralen1 View Post
my perfect pvp map...

must have...

* Crashed Starship
* Water/Ocean
* Pve Hazards
DO IT NAO CRYPTIC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanecabal View Post
They can't because PVE content drives in revenue so the main focus is PVE and not PVP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
That's pretty much the core of what Territorial PvP supposed to be about.

Open World PvP with PvE objectives that players have to battle other players to accomplish.
I don't understand why Cryptic didn't do this along with Season Six. Territory control is such an integral part of the Star Trek franchise they had entire episodes about it. Once you got into the swing of things, territory control in a Star Trek game would pretty much create itself. You could have the player factions duking it out, and have a bunch of NPC groups that could come in just to make things interesting.

So actually, you could combine PvE and PvP in this fashion.

That would be badass.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg
Captain
# 36
12-24-2012, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanecabal View Post
That is exactly what I meant with my first post as that PVE is the stream of revenue for Cryptic, not PVP.
If my idea is used, they will come, because I will come.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg
Republic Veteran
# 37
12-24-2012, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
DO IT NAO CRYPTIC.

I don't understand why Cryptic didn't do this along with Season Six. Territory control is such an integral part of the Star Trek franchise they had entire episodes about it. Once you got into the swing of things, territory control in a Star Trek game would pretty much create itself. You could have the player factions duking it out, and have a bunch of NPC groups that could come in just to make things interesting.

So actually, you could combine PvE and PvP in this fashion.

That would be badass.
From the episode, I thought you meant we all go into a room, and yell at each other till we draft a treaty and PVP with words, and whenever someone breaks it we send a fleet to wipe them out only to get owned Picard style...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYCjqmbsmYA
Captain
# 38
12-24-2012, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
From the episode, I thought you meant we all go into a room, and yell at each other till we draft a treaty and PVP with words, and whenever someone breaks it we send a fleet to wipe them out only to get owned Picard style...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYCjqmbsmYA
I could get behind that.
Lt. Commander
# 39
12-24-2012, 09:32 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I think that interactive environments should really be a part of STO. Not only has it been a part of all of the most popular star trek games, but there are several instances in which the "terrain" was used in a fight. The enterprise D hid inside a nebula from the borg in the best of both worlds, and the maquis used the badlands as their base to great effect. I used to play skirmish mode on star trek legacy. I would put it on hard and pick a weaker ship to test this theory. I was consistently able to get the upper hand on a soveriegn with a defiant, intrepid, or even an excelsior. I would lure it into a gas cloud that would drop it's shields and I would lay into it and warp away to conduct repairs so I could do it again. I used to hide entire fleets in gas clouds in ST: Armada. I think STO should take this concept and push it even further. I think it would go a long way towards evening the odds in pvp.
SGT Milton Monzon, SGT Alexander Fuller, SGT Michael Bartley, SGT Martin LaMar
Rest in Peace Brothers
Empire Veteran
# 40
12-24-2012, 09:59 PM
I'm not interested in a PvP rep system. This means that I will have to grind even more things. I want to play a game, not go to work. The Omega & rom rep for my main has been levelled to T4 just for the passives etc, I have not wasted any other resources on useless toys.

+1 to a ranking system instead. No more time gated crap that is a waste of dilithium and EC. PvP is full of AFKers and Suiciders as it is, the addition of a PvP rep system and PvP marks will just make it worse.

Remember the KISS rule, Keep it simple, stupid.
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!