Ensign
# 11
12-24-2012, 03:36 PM
You know if can be used as subystem targeting? Is the thing I need to know to buy it or no...
Career Officer
# 12
12-24-2012, 03:46 PM
other than the 3 piece ability, its just like any other beam array. it does have slightly higher base dps than the mkxii romulan plasma arrays and has a 6% crit chance and 0 weapon power usage. deals plasma damage with plasma and disruptor proc like the romulan plasma arrays. all boff abilities work with it.
Empire Veteran
# 13
12-24-2012, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darimund View Post
just thought I would help some folks out here. here's a screen of the effect on the array with the ability activated... pic ~2 minute CD, pretty nasty. basically a free beam overload with a guaranteed plasma burn proc and a disruptor proc.

your mileage may vary depending on your consoles equipped, etc.
Whoa! That is nice. I can see why it'd have the longer cooldown, but that is an excellent ability.

Career Officer
# 14
12-25-2012, 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulleatherjacket View Post
Something tells me the zero energy cost is a bug that will be "fixed".
What tells you that? Did you get on tribble and play with it? Or is this just wild speculation backed up with a gut feeling and zero facts?
Cryptic Studios Team
# 15
01-02-2013, 09:16 AM
The fact that it doesn't drain energy is an intended effect of the Experimental Beam Array, and is called out in its descriptive text.

If anything on this weapon ends up being "nerfed" it would be the Hyperflux attack, but that's still under scrutiny for the time being. Please let us know if you have any feedback on that effect.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Empire Veteran
# 16
01-02-2013, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
The fact that it doesn't drain energy is an intended effect of the Experimental Beam Array, and is called out in its descriptive text.

If anything on this weapon ends up being "nerfed" it would be the Hyperflux attack, but that's still under scrutiny for the time being. Please let us know if you have any feedback on that effect.
seems totally fine to me. the beam is not accurate, and the effect is hardly over the top. it works well on an all plasma build focusing an DOT, makes it all hurt a little more.

does the skill force a proc, and thus also apply it's disruptor proc as well? i heard with those 2 proc weapons that if 1 of them procs goes off they both do. a couple of times its seemed like the debuff was quite strong. it can be kinda hard to single out with all the other stuff im also using
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 17
01-02-2013, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
i heard with those 2 proc weapons that if 1 of them procs goes off they both do.
Well I am using the Plasma Disruptor Hybrids on a Steamrunner and I dont think that happens since I am sure I seen Plasma Fires but no Disruptor Breach along with it.
Rihannsu
# 18
01-02-2013, 12:29 PM
Is the Romulan Experimental Beam Array boosted by Disruptor Induction Coils, Plasma Infusers, neither, or either (both)?

This sounds cool. I have always wanted to build a ship around a plasma build. This sounds perfect for that.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 19
01-02-2013, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
Is the Romulan Experimental Beam Array boosted by Disruptor Induction Coils, Plasma Infusers, neither, or either (both)?

This sounds cool. I have always wanted to build a ship around a plasma build. This sounds perfect for that.
Plasma Infusers, same as other Romulan Plasma weaponry.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Rihannsu
# 20
01-02-2013, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Plasma Infusers, same as other Romulan Plasma weaponry.
I thought as much, but I appreciate the confirmation. Thanks!

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.