Captain
# 1 Set: Jem'Hadar vs Breen
04-02-2013, 08:33 PM
Yes, I know they are more of a newbie set, but as of now I only have these two, so bear with me.

For a Mirror Vo'quv AND Kamarag Retro, which ship should use which set? I do know that Jem'Hadar is better for polaron attacks, but the antiproton sweep is difficult to use on teh Vo'quv, so right now I put the Jem'Hadar set on the Kamarag while the vo'quv use the breen for alpha strikes. Not sure if there are better arrangement under the current situation.
Commander
# 2
04-02-2013, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jestersage View Post
Yes, I know they are more of a newbie set, but as of now I only have these two, so bear with me.

For a Mirror Vo'quv AND Kamarag Retro, which ship should use which set? I do know that Jem'Hadar is better for polaron attacks, but the antiproton sweep is difficult to use on teh Vo'quv, so right now I put the Jem'Hadar set on the Kamarag while the vo'quv use the breen for alpha strikes. Not sure if there are better arrangement under the current situation.
Jem Hadar Mk 12 Space Set, best set I've ever used, thus far. I prefer it over my Aegis Set.

But will be retiring it in favor of the Omega Set.

Breen set is what should be on the Kamarag. Hands down, you should have that set on your cruiser, with the Jem Hadar set on the Vo'Quv.

Vo'Quv has a habit of losing crew very, very fast, Jem Hadar set helps with that. And the detection for cloaked vessels, does make a difference. Even on a Carrier.
Captain
# 3
04-02-2013, 11:54 PM
Thanks for the advice. Also, which type of turret/beam/cannon would go well with the Breen Set Kamarag?
Republic Veteran
# 4
04-03-2013, 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jestersage View Post
Thanks for the advice. Also, which type of turret/beam/cannon would go well with the Breen Set Kamarag?
It really does not matter what energy type weapon you use with the Breen set. The Breen set offers a buff to transphasic torpedos and mines. The Breen shields offer a resist to polaron damage. Personally, I use the full Breen set on my Galor with the Rapid Reload Transphasic Torpedo and the Transphasic Cluster Torpedo. I love it.
If you believe the sky is the limit, you are aiming too low. We must reach beyond the stars - Ambassador Otungku
Republic Veteran
# 5
04-03-2013, 02:06 AM
Don't waste lobi on the Jem Mk XII. The freebie set is excellent for new level 50s.
# 6
04-04-2013, 04:37 PM
I put the Breen set on my Breen Warship. Talk about a nasty set up. Since I have it fully set up with Poloran and Transphasics.

The Jem'Hadar set is nice as well. I have it on my Kamarag as well. So far I don't have issues with it. That set is also on my Fed Cruiser as well. Until I buy a different set later on. When the Romulans hit, I plan on having the Romulan or Reman set on that ship.
Career Officer
# 7 To be honest, neither...
04-04-2013, 04:48 PM
I recently created a KDF toon and as such is starting from scratch. Honestly, both these sets don't really offer any fantastic bonuses to worry too much about keeping the set together. Personally I went right to the exchange and bought very rare Mk XII shields/def/engines with the modifiers of my choice and for a couple hundred thousand ec you can tailor your gear to your needs much better than relying on the free sets.

Proud member of the STO Academy Fleets
Check out the Public Service Channel for in-game services
Member of the The Data Network
Commander
# 8
04-04-2013, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsloan31 View Post
I recently created a KDF toon and as such is starting from scratch. Honestly, both these sets don't really offer any fantastic bonuses to worry too much about keeping the set together. Personally I went right to the exchange and bought very rare Mk XII shields/def/engines with the modifiers of my choice and for a couple hundred thousand ec you can tailor your gear to your needs much better than relying on the free sets.
If you pilot a Sci ship, and use Gravity Well extensively, and healing/repair buffs, Jem Deflector is a must have, because it buffs every major area the major sci buffs/debuffs/offensive powers have.

Stealth Detection makes a larger impact, as well.