Rihannsu
So the materials needed for the Tier 5 scorp fighters is as follows.

35k Dill, 240RM
5 peregrine fighters
10 eng or ops doff, rare it would seem
64 k exp
30 warp coils

VIA my fleet-mate that is more on the ball than myself.

First off WOW 10 rare doffs ...... that is stupid! Or Cryptic math

Now for the carrier only pilots like myself you need two of these.
70k Dill, 480RM
10 peregrine fighters
20 eng or ops doff, rare it would seem
1208 k exp
60 warp coils

Devs you really need to change the doffs needed for this one. You will remove almost all of my rare doffs and kill me on this to get these fighters. ..... You know what never-mind I will not buy these at the current price.

As I'm only a carrier pilot I will not pay this price and wait 5 to 7 months for my Fleet to get Tier 5 Science. So thanks for making the price tag to high as I'm not a crazy Korean grinder.

You need to take the 10 doffs down to 4 or less needed for this as they are rare quality.

Doff prices are insane right now for the better doffs and Devs you need to rethink some of your price settings.
Ensign
# 2
12-24-2012, 03:31 PM
I agree It should be rethought
Captain
# 3
12-24-2012, 04:14 PM
According to the Tier 3 version of scorpion fighters, it is currently saying it needs 20 Green doffs, but it takes white doffs. So the Tier 5 version should take 10 white doffs. Of course, this will be changed eventually so it requires a ton of white doffs.
Rihannsu
# 4
12-24-2012, 05:14 PM
Cryptic really should not take doffs for this mission anyway in the first place. This is a weapon and not a special project. It is also not a doff mission so they are gone but to where?

In the grim dark future of the federation there is only humanoid sacrifice! Dun dun DUNNNN!!!!

"I'm glad everyone could make it here today for your annual Doff review. You ten: Matthew, Bob, Eric, John, Jae, George, Mary, Kristy, Stacy and Jessica thank you for coming. We have all worked long and hard sending you all on strange missions and always repairing things. But you see we are a carrier crew and we need to upgrade our fighter complement. So you all have the honor of being the final part of that project. You ten will make up the glue that binds this flight wing together, literally. So go out there and jump bravely into the industrial bender and be the best possible glue you could be. Again Star Fleet thanks you for all your hard work."

Last edited by balordezul; 12-24-2012 at 06:00 PM.
Captain
# 5
12-24-2012, 05:35 PM
I consider them to be permanently put on maintenance crew. We are dealing with an alien fighter and there would be problems with compatibility. Therefore, that explains why the peregrine fighters has no extra maintenance crew and the scorpion fighters requires more.
Rihannsu
# 6
12-24-2012, 06:15 PM
starkaos I know you gave me a good fluffier view of why we have doffs in there but in the end the costs just don't add up.

Either way we look at it they are still just a weapon and nothing more and should cost the same as a weapon.

From everything that I know you still need blue doffs and if they end up fixing that issue of using white doffs people will be in a world of hurt. I should be able to buy about 6 fleet ultra rare hanger pets for the cost of two scorpion fighters at this point and that just does not balance out to me. I can't remember off hand are fleet blue eng doff 10k or 15k per? So that would be between 200K fleet credits to 300K fleet credits and that is just wrong.

Doffs need to go from this mission!

Also I personally hate burning doffs for any mission but the upgrade mission to a better quality one.
Career Officer
# 7
12-24-2012, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by balordezul View Post
Cryptic really should not take doffs for this mission anyway in the first place. This is a weapon and not a special project. It is also not a doff mission so they are gone but to where?

In the grim dark future of the federation there is only humanoid sacrifice! Dun dun DUNNNN!!!!

"I'm glad everyone could make it here today for your annual Doff review. You ten: Matthew, Bob, Eric, John, Jae, George, Mary, Kristy, Stacy and Jessica thank you for coming. We have all worked long and hard sending you all on strange missions and always repairing things. But you see we are a carrier crew and we need to upgrade our fighter complement. So you all have the honor of being the final part of that project. You ten will make up the glue that binds this flight wing together, literally. So go out there and jump bravely into the industrial bender and be the best possible glue you could be. Again Star Fleet thanks you for all your hard work."
You should probably make a Foundry with this story-line showing all this taking place... I would defiantly play it.
Captain
# 8
12-25-2012, 12:12 AM
Could always try for crits on the Support colony chain missions, or buy cheap junk purples, and toss them in the grinder. Odds are you'll get one useful doff, sell or use the other two. Still gonna take a while though. Still sucks, but it could be worse. Plus for most players, its the only way they're ever gonna get an Ultra Rare carrier pet.
Captain
# 9
12-25-2012, 12:23 AM
Getting an ultra rare pet next year will be very easy to do as long as you have resources. Say I want a bunch of stuff that is only available at Tier 5. I gather all the Fleet Credits that I might need and Fleet Ship Modules. I negotiate with my current fleet and a fleet with Tier 5 facilities. I join the Tier 5 fleet, buy the provisions I need, and leave. Then I join my old fleet and show off the cool stuff I just bought to my fellow fleet mates. Of course, you want to keep the relationship with the other fleet professional so you can purchase stuff from other fleet holdings when they come out. Saying you will purchase just a fleet ship, then buying a ton of stuff will not make that fleet trust you again.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-25-2012, 12:30 AM
This project does only take white doffs - a fleetmate has tested this.

10 eng/ops doffs is 7500 FCs at the fleet doff vendor, easily done.