Starfleet Veteran
# 1 1701-e?
12-25-2012, 08:54 PM
Calling all DEVs / carbon based lifeforms! (Sorry Silicon ones)

I once remember Brandon once saying a while ago back in a monthly update replying to the question, what happened to the 1701-E? , he replied I am not able to say or something like that? Why? Why cant they go to CBS and ask them to come up with something and say pretty please with sugar on top .
I would love it if some temporal anomily sent you back in time, and you see 1701-E

And some really cool story emerges . And get Picard / Data to voice act on the enterprise

But something tells me you can't just say ppllllease. Why? And maybe if they did what ending would you like for 1701-E?
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
Commander
# 2
12-25-2012, 09:02 PM
CBS won't do anything for free. Someone would have to pay a lot of money to get voice overs from the Actors. The only way I could see this happening is inside of some sort of payed expansion.
Career Officer
# 3
12-25-2012, 10:44 PM
CBS wants it up in the air so they can tell the story elsewhere.

What we did get (from a fiction piece by Kestrel in Star Trek magazine) is this:

The final mission was to fluidic space. It crippled the Undine war machine but the mission was labeled a disaster. After that, Data retired to teach at Oxford and the F was commissioned. We don't even know whether Nog made it back alive.

CBS are the ones who want it ill-defined so they can fill in the details elsewhere. Whether the ship is intact, where it is... They want that undefined.
Captain
# 4
12-25-2012, 10:48 PM
Unlike every other Enterprise it lived out its service life successfully and intact and is now floating in the shipyard museum over Mars.
# 5
12-26-2012, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
CBS wants it up in the air so they can tell the story elsewhere.
This. They want to be able to tell/sell the story as they see fit not farm it out to someone else.

For STO to do it, they would have to buy the rights, not just lease them. That's not going to happen on a video game development budget.

Porthos is not amused.
Captain
# 6
12-26-2012, 04:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370 View Post
Unlike every other Enterprise it lived out its service life successfully and intact and is now floating in the shipyard museum over Mars.
Well... According to STO story, the Enterprise E dissapeared...
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Captain
# 7
12-26-2012, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Well... According to STO story, the Enterprise E dissapeared...
Oh, now people care about the game story...
# 8
12-26-2012, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370 View Post
Oh, now people care about the game story...
Someone is being sensitive...

Canonwise, no... STO is not a worthy trek-story, but that dosen't change it's the basis for what is going on in the game.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
12-26-2012, 08:02 AM
Too bad they didn't do us all a real favor and keep the Ent-E around longer but need massive space dock repairs to explain why it's not in game and have the Ent-F be a prototype that disappeared (forever) on it's shakedown run.
Captain
# 10
12-26-2012, 08:12 AM
The general idea (originally) from what I understand, was that the STO universe should be as close to canon as possible.

So putting too much detail into a given story about a canon ship or character would be risking a heavy deviation from the prime universe, that would have pushed the STO storyline too far apart from this.

Granted, there is no way STO can live up to canon anymore, but still... I believe that was the original idea.