Captain
I have an existing FTP account, which I set up back in February. I'm thinking about getting the Collector's Edition from Amazon with some Christmas money, but I was just wondering if it is even possible to get the special features from that edition onto my existing account? If they're only for new accounts then it's obviously not going to be worth it.

Vice Admiral Laurence Corrin - USS Trafalgar
Captain Takaram ch'Rihan - USS Khellian
Captain Korax joH'a' vo'poH - USS Hartnell
General Hothkar, Son of Ta'lon - IKS oDwI'
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-25-2012, 10:34 PM
do not know if it gives one month gold or if you can use it when you have already gold but the red matter capacitor is need and cool
Captain
# 3
12-25-2012, 10:50 PM
I have a silver account, never been gold. Would I get the Red Matter Capacitor for all of my characters?

Vice Admiral Laurence Corrin - USS Trafalgar
Captain Takaram ch'Rihan - USS Khellian
Captain Korax joH'a' vo'poH - USS Hartnell
General Hothkar, Son of Ta'lon - IKS oDwI'
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-25-2012, 10:54 PM
I picked up one myself just a couple weeks ago. I have free shipping on Amazon, so it was just a few dollars more than my monthly sub (which for me is $10/month from the sale three months back).

For someone like me with an irrational hatred of consumables (batteries), the Red Matter Capacitor is definitely nice to have. You also get access to the "standard" TNG and DS9 series uniforms and a month of Gold membership. I haven't used the uniforms yet, and I don't know that I expect to, but the Capacitor was probably worth the extra three bucks by itself.

Also, back in real life, you get a nifty comm badge for next year's Halloween costume.

Edit: Yes, the Capacitor can be claimed on each of your characters. I actually claimed two on each of my characters and put the second ones on my shuttles.

Dn'Dok, son of Ladok - Klingon/Romulan Engineer ~~ Mosa M'ren-faa - Ferasan Tactical
Krushan Twinn - Orion Science

Last edited by flatmatt; 12-25-2012 at 11:01 PM.
Captain
# 5
12-26-2012, 12:38 AM
Yes. Its worth it. 10 bucks is worth it for the Red Matter Capacitor, and you should get 1 month of gold along with it.

You cam claim the Red Matter Capacitor on all your characters and you can claim multiples of it on each character.
Career Officer
# 6
12-26-2012, 12:50 AM
Based on previous expirience:

If you get a pack that says: "Get 30 days free playtime, Red Matter capacitor, Item-X, Item-Y, Benefit-X", then that is what you will get.

This includes a gold account with all the benefits for 30 days.

Be aware that In some cases, the EC Cap will revert to the Silver limit upon 30 days end.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Empire Veteran
# 7
12-26-2012, 02:07 AM
Just placed an order on Amazon.com for my second account, since that account is lacking the Red Matter Capacitator.

I think its worth it, you get some neat items with it - I decided to do it with my sec lifer account since I missed out on the TR-116 Rifle awhile back.

I am still in the hunt for a TR-116 Rifle Code - However; Not holding my breath, I use to work for Target and they have the habit of destroying inventory after it becomes obsolete - especially software.
Captain
# 8
12-26-2012, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stark2k View Post
I am still in the hunt for a TR-116 Rifle Code - However; Not holding my breath, I use to work for Target and they have the habit of destroying inventory after it becomes obsolete - especially software.
Destroying it ? Seriously ? Wow....

Unfortunately, amazon in my country still sell STO collector edition but at ~20$. I'll find another way to buy it
Lieutenant
# 9
12-26-2012, 09:35 AM
Gamestop was told not to sell them anymore - ran them as a clearance item for 99 cents, or gave them away for free. Anything that didn't sell was thrown away.
Lieutenant
# 10
12-26-2012, 10:00 AM
I've got the collector's edition, it's worth it. The t-shirt that comes with it is comfortable, the postcards are nice, the DS9 uniform set is pretty good, the map is very out of date, but not bad and the Red Matter Capacitor is a very useful item to have.

Go for it, it's worth the money. And if you enjoy the game then it's even more worth it.