Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Starfleet Veteran
# 11
12-26-2012, 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
it doesn't heal you full, it heals 30% of your maximum hull points once per minute...in your case that may be 2k.

driver coil or warpspeeds are irrelevant for combat, you can actually switch engines each time you travel...so that is a moot point anyway.

the KHG, which is available to fed players at tier 5 omega rep, provides much more synergie to your build with only 2 parts equipped...more aux (much more)

and that 10% bleedthrough can kill you is your opinion...nothing more. the KHG shield proc is actually really nice, since it diminishes the ability to hit you and your allies (it decreases the opponents ACC rating by 25% for 10 seconds) + 1 sec placate...some dispute this actually to be overpowered.
by your logic no BoP should use the KHG shield...but many actually do...

so in my opinion, KHG engine and shield + borg deflector + your skillpoints will give you 140 aux power easily. that means instead of 100 aux, you can run 85 or even less...

that high aux power simply cries for atleast one aux DHC instead of the plasma beam.
target subsystem shields doesn't really fit either, better off with APbeta or delta

for your skillpoints, did you take skillpoints effect list under consideration? i don't think so, because if you did, you probably wouldn't put 9 points in some of your skills.
Also i don't see a single hull heal...thats an obvious flaw, a big one actually.
same skillset and boff setup for each class...means you actually ignore the stuff each class brings into the build, flawed!

anyway, i think i brought some valid critique about that build into the discussion, think about or don't it's up to you.

Fermion is a heal, polarized hull brings the overall mitigation to 56-57% so any incoming dmg to hull would be mitigated and equivalent to a heal. borg setbonus is also heal.

shields at high powerlevels recharge fast, the heals are only really necessary to stop bleedthrough damage, this build is weak against transphasics i would imagine, though.

1.43 shield modifier on vesta has large capacity, couple that with the high regen from power level.
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
12-26-2012, 04:17 AM
This thread is about the Vesta, not Klingon ships, take your klingon spec discussion elsewhere.

*EDIT* My mistake, I didn't realize KHG was available to Federation Players, fixed.

Last edited by fearinggravity; 12-26-2012 at 05:13 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
12-26-2012, 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster75 View Post
No offense to the OP, but I hope no one actually takes these builds seriously who is reading this thread. These builds aren't even utilizing an HE by the looks of those skill planners (they currently go PH1, ES1, TSS3, VM3). He's also concentrating on putting as much junk on the ship as possible without anything really having any synergy. I mean seriously, it looks like he's concentrating on Plasma weapons but putting 0 points in Particle generators? Also, all the Lobi stuff has to be cutting into the ship's effectiveness. Great, mount that stuff if it actually adds to the synergy of the build but you're wasting valuable slots and reducing the ship's overall effectiveness when it becomes too much of a P2W mess with nothing that reasonably works together. The only thing these builds have going for them is the Tric mines but he's not even using any Dispersal patterns. Sorry to be so hard to you OP. If you need any help parsing your build let me know. I'll gladly take you through an STF and tell you where your damage numbers are sitting. I think you're needing some eye-opening.

The plasma is really vestigial, the purpose is just to place dots, disable, etc, subspace decompiler takes up a lot of points, its used to synergize Beam: Target Shields, VM3, tric mines.
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
12-26-2012, 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearinggravity View Post
The plasma is really vestigial, the purpose is just to place dots, disable, etc, subspace decompiler takes up a lot of points, its used to synergize Beam: Target Shields, VM3, tric mines.
Have you ever even parsed these builds? Do you know where your damage numbers even sit since you're not really pursuing any CC focus at all? A GW would be much more beneficial to your team than a VM3 in STFs. Also, how long do you expect to live in an elite STF without using a Hazard Emitters? You can't kill things that quickly with those builds and you'll be a burden to your entire team with no way to clear dots.

Last edited by rooster75; 12-26-2012 at 04:42 AM.
Captain
# 15
12-26-2012, 04:35 AM
Quote:
This thread is about the Vesta, not Klingon ships, take your klingon spec discussion elsewhere.
so the reman/romulan set is also no option? it greatly buffs plasma projectile weapons...
But OK, if you want a federation roleplay build...you got one.

since both sets would actually give great synergies to your build and are available to feds too.
Never talked about any klingon ships...again the KHG set is available to fed players too at omega t5.

also your build has obvious flawes, why did you post your build on the official forum when you choose to ignore critique?
Did you actually test your build with all 3 classes as you suggest them?
Go pro or go home

Last edited by baudl; 12-26-2012 at 04:43 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
12-26-2012, 04:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster75 View Post
Have you ever even parsed these builds? Do you know where your damage numbers even sit since you're not pursuing any CC focus at all? Also, how long do you expect to live in an elite STF without using a Hazard Emitters? You can't kill things that quickly with those builds and you'll be a burden to the team with no Hazards.
Probably should of stated this was a PvP build, as for parsing, you're not the only one with an ACT. the damage is circumstantial based on if/when an enemies shields drop. with 3 abilitys that can drop shields (due to systems engineers/warp theorist) doffs, it can pop well. a hazard emitters can usually be put in place of Polarize Hull for PvE, but i wouldnt reccomend using this in PvE.
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
12-26-2012, 04:45 AM
*EDIT*

The build has been updated, thanks for the feedback!

Last edited by fearinggravity; 12-31-2012 at 07:30 AM. Reason: no longer applicable
Captain
# 18
12-26-2012, 04:46 AM
Quote:
Probably should of stated this was a PvP build, as for parsing, you're not the only one with an ACT. the damage is circumstantial based on if/when an enemies shields drop. with 3 abilitys that can drop shields (due to systems engineers/warp theorist) doffs, it can pop well. a hazard emitters can usually be put in place of Polarize Hull for PvE, but i wouldnt reccomend using this in PvE.
srsly? PVP? plasma dot based PVP build... plz tell me you are joking. i'm out of here, this is rediculous.
Go pro or go home

Last edited by baudl; 12-26-2012 at 04:50 AM.
Career Officer
# 19
12-26-2012, 04:49 AM
Quote:
srsly? PVP? plasma dot based PVP build... plz tell me you are joking
There's nothing wrong with plasma DOTs for PvP in general. Sci ships, Battlecruisers and some others can make great use of them, just not this abomination.
-----------------------
decker999
Starfleet Veteran
# 20
12-26-2012, 04:50 AM
Quote:
so the reman/romulan set is also no option? it greatly buffs plasma projectile weapons...
But OK, if you want a federation roleplay build...you got one.

since both sets would actually give great synergies to your build and are available to feds too.
Never talked about any klingon ships...again the KHG set is available to fed players too at omega t5.

also your build has obvious flawes, why did you post your build on the official forum when you choose to ignore critique?
Did you actually test your build with all 3 classes as you suggest them?
Ah, sorry, I just realized the KHG was availible to Fed players, in that case, if you want to us KHG with this spec rather than the borg set, by all means, go ahead, the only problem i see is that it wont have the nifty 30% heal. that is all.